Pine and Cedar Lakes Trail

Pine and Cedar Lakes Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bellingham, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and camping and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Take exit 250 on I-5 (Bellingham, WA) and head south on SR #11 aka Old Fairhaven Parkway. Take a left at the first light (ARCO station on corner) onto 30th. Drive .9 mi. to the end of 30th. At the 3-way intersection take a left onto Old Samish Road and drivr 1.3 mi. to Whatcom Co. Park sign on the right. Trail begins in the SW corner of lot.

I usually take Max's short cut to Lilly lake and then the trail to the Butte, then over to Lizard lake and I take loop back on the Lizard and Lilly trail. It's around 9 miles takes around 3.5 hours with a few stopes at the view points. They have added more signs and done some repairs to the trails.

Nice views of lakes with some awesome campsites around lakes. Good signage to different views. Raptor ridge is a good outlook. Rough first 1.5 miles up but pretty level after.

Amazing hike, I wish I was bright enough to read a few more reviews as it was basically straight up and straight down. I've been on a lot of hikes, but this one is definitely the one to take your buddy on that thinks he can out hike you. I made it to Cedar Lake but it was getting dark so I had to head back. I'll definitely come up another time and check out the other lake as well.

Did this hike yesterday, and had extremely muddy areas because of all the rain we had last week. The hike was fun and challenging in some areas.

This is a great hike very steep was even difficult for me as I am new to hiking! I didn't make it to the end but plan on completing it this week! Great work out though

beautiful lake views!

Great hike! Trail is well maintained. Up hill in and down hill out. The beauty of the lake is well worth the effort.

The lookout points are amazing. I took my 5 year old no problem.

It was a killer going up with my 5 year old. Loved the top and the trees and lookouts. Definitely will do again so much to explore around the area.