Pine and Cedar Lakes Trail

Pine and Cedar Lakes Trail is a 4.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bellingham, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and camping and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Take exit 250 on I-5 (Bellingham, WA) and head south on SR #11 aka Old Fairhaven Parkway. Take a left at the first light (ARCO station on corner) onto 30th. Drive .9 mi. to the end of 30th. At the 3-way intersection take a left onto Old Samish Road and drivr 1.3 mi. to Whatcom Co. Park sign on the right. Trail begins in the SW corner of lot.

Car got broken into at the trailhead camping for one night. Good one night backpacking trip but not worth it if your car is gonna get broken into.

pretty good incline for first 1.5 miles. beautiful overlook and pretty lakes to walk around.

Good hike, but concerned for the safety of my car. Saw remnants of broken windshield glass in the parking lot.. too bad we have to worry about creeps

Cars are being broken into every day now at this trail head. Hiked it yesterday came down to find a brick was thrown thru my window. I hike/run this trail 3 days a week and now question its parking lot safety.
So if you plan to hike this trail you should plan on spending $500 for your insurance deductable.
Not sure why this parking lot is not being monitored by the authorities as it is truly a place for the thieves. Thinking it is time to Take Back our Whatcom County Trailheads from criminals...any ideas?

Took the mtn bikes up here to raptor ridge on a beautiful Feb Saturday. A fair amount of hike a bike the first 1.7 miles as pretty steep and another patch towards the viewpoint up a rock staircase. Otherwise very ridable and a great thigh and lung burner. Probably better as hike or trail run.

Nice hike in gorgeous January warm weather....lakes were awesome in the morning dew with sun shining through.

Great hike and camping

This is a great little trail if you're looking for something closer to Bellingham. The first mile and a half is pretty steep but don't give up! Once you make it up the incline it's a pretty straight shot to the lakes. The camping is nice but no fires are allowed.

lung buster for a good workout.

Saturday, August 05, 2017

Quiet and pretty for a weekday jaunt!

Friday, July 21, 2017

steep for the first mile or so but the views are so rewarding! salamanders in the summer time & beautiful loops around the lakes. have added to my favourites list ♡

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Way too steep and difficult for the view at the end.

Saturday, July 15, 2017

very scenic. the first mile and a half or so is a thigh burner

Monday, July 10, 2017

The first 2miles are INTENSE... but it's worth it. It's beautiful and you feel very accomplished afterwards!

Friday, July 07, 2017

lovely hike! lots of adventuring to do at the lakes.

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

I've done this hike in the snow and in the summer. I prefer this hike in the summer personally. It is a great thigh burner with mostly uphill at the beginning, which also means downhill on the way back. The trail is well maintained.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

I usually take Max's short cut to Lilly lake and then the trail to the Butte, then over to Lizard lake and I take loop back on the Lizard and Lilly trail. It's around 9 miles takes around 3.5 hours with a few stopes at the view points. They have added more signs and done some repairs to the trails.

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Nice views of lakes with some awesome campsites around lakes. Good signage to different views. Raptor ridge is a good outlook. Rough first 1.5 miles up but pretty level after.

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Amazing hike, I wish I was bright enough to read a few more reviews as it was basically straight up and straight down. I've been on a lot of hikes, but this one is definitely the one to take your buddy on that thinks he can out hike you. I made it to Cedar Lake but it was getting dark so I had to head back. I'll definitely come up another time and check out the other lake as well.

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Did this hike yesterday, and had extremely muddy areas because of all the rain we had last week. The hike was fun and challenging in some areas.

Saturday, January 28, 2017

This is a great hike very steep was even difficult for me as I am new to hiking! I didn't make it to the end but plan on completing it this week! Great work out though

Saturday, January 14, 2017

beautiful lake views!

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Great hike! Trail is well maintained. Up hill in and down hill out. The beauty of the lake is well worth the effort.

Saturday, August 13, 2016

The lookout points are amazing. I took my 5 year old no problem.

Saturday, August 13, 2016

It was a killer going up with my 5 year old. Loved the top and the trees and lookouts. Definitely will do again so much to explore around the area.

Sunday, August 07, 2016

Bugs will get you on the way up if you don't keep a steady pace! I think they were eating my bug spray! Beautiful forest! I loved it! Up, up, up you go!

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

such a great view. the incline was pretty killer though

Thursday, July 07, 2016

It's a very short and satisfying trail. Steep in the beginning. Then it levels out. Lots of viewpoints close together.

Sunday, July 03, 2016

This is the first hike we have done in years and it was more difficult than we could have ever expected but it was worth it. Going back down hill was actually more difficult! it was so beautiful and the other hikers gave us motivation to push through. We highly recommend this trail! make sure you wear the appropriate footwear and bring trekking poles. Go on the morning before it is too hot. You will sweat!

Thursday, June 30, 2016