Peabody Creek Trail

Peabody Creek Trail is a 4.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Port Angeles, Washington that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Peabody creek trail has a half mile loop at the bottom, but it connects to a three mile out and back that ends on Hurricane Ridge road. From there the hiker can either return the way they came or hike down the road. This trail follows and crosses Peabody Creek.

Beautiful trail. It was a 6.2 mile hike, with 1000 feet of elevation gain with two pups. We parked near the Olympic National Forest headquarters building. Many bridges to cross, beautiful scenery, and nobody on the trail, but us.

Loved it!

Beautiful hike in a urban environment. Depending on time of year it can be muddy in places. Trail narrows in one section above the creek to about a foot in width.

Can’t believe I’ve lived so close to this trail for years and never hiked it until the other day! Parts were muddy & slick (but that’s to be expected in February on the Peninsula). Beautiful trail

Wednesday, July 05, 2017

It was a good hike. Lots of up and down hills, so it's quite a workout. It's shaded, so it's a good pick on a hot day. It's not crowded. Narrow trails in some part.
We counted 8 bridges on this trail.
The only thing that I didn't like about this trail is that it is close to the highway and you could hear the traffic - cars, siren and airplanes!

Thursday, June 08, 2017

Great regular excercise trail for the dogs and I

Saturday, May 20, 2017

Just the kind of hike I was looking for. My dogs loved it!

Friday, April 21, 2017

great trail, especially a good workout to get back in shape for more rigorous hikes. my dog hated the log bridges so will leave him home next time. otherwise a great day.

Thursday, September 08, 2016

Great hike for families! Relatively easy. You can bring your dog too.

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Very scenic and beautiful hike! Went in the morning yesterday on a gray day so it was cool which was nice. I decided to take the 2.7 trail off the main Peabody Creek Trail. Was practicing hiking with my new backpacking pack so the muddy terrain, multiple log bridges, and frequent steep uphill climb was quite the work out for me. My favorite part was being able to bring my husky! She had the best time:)

Tuesday, August 04, 2015

Fun trail! Very pretty and convenient for being so close to PA

Saturday, July 29, 2017