Panther Creek Falls Trail 137

Panther Creek Falls Trail 137 is a 0.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Carson, Washington that features a waterfall. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Panther Creek Falls is one of the most unique waterfalls in Skamania County. There are 2 tiers of segmented waterfalls, 50-70 feet in height. They both empty into the same basin. To reach the TH drive the Wind River Road 5.8 miles about 500 ft from the TH.

Hiked on May 29...short but worth the long drive in to see these unique Falls...make sure u hike to bottom and

Beautiful falls. Hard to climb to bottom especially with your dog since you have to scathe a Little Rock cliff using a rope. Would be easy without dog, but pups make it difficult.

absolutely stunning.

Beautiful, wish there was a better path to the lower level.

CLIMB TO THE BOTTOM!! The overlook is ok, but off to the side is a small rope that will help you climb down to the base of the waterfalls. Be careful, and make sure you can make it back up before you go down. We only saw 2 other groups of people in the 3 hours we were there.

It's a teeny bit scary but definitely use the ropes to get to the bottom--100% worth it!!!! Hardly anybody there, so so beautiful and close to the road.

Breathtakingly beautiful waterfall

Such a short little hike, but oh the beauty!!! We were not brave enough to do the rope to the bottom, but plenty of people were down there so it is doable!

Super short trail right from the roadside. Took us a minute to find the trail from the parking lot, but amazingly enough there were some obvious indicators, like waterfall spray painted on the road... We were looking up not down, saw that on the way up. The falls were amazing. We got a short sunny break, which made for a great photo op.

Amazing short hike to a breathtaking waterfall. It was pouring rain when we went and it was still very enjoyable.

Tried to go up to the falls today but some drunk idiot got his Honda stuck on the road a mile away from the trail head! Best to bring up a AWD car or 4 wheel drive if your trying to come up soon! Otherwise I suggest to wait until spring in a couple weeks when the snow is gone! Will have to come back soon !

gave it a 4 because of the slick trail but Beautiful!!! the beginning of the trail was pretty snowy and slick when we were there in February but just took it slow and we were good! the sign for the trailhead is hanging in the tree but if you pull off into the big rock pit you can then find the trail no problem a little back down the road and there was spray paint on the ground to mark it.

The falls are incredible, but it's not much of a hike to get here. It's more of a walk from your car. I would recommend hiking to the nearby Falls Creek Falls (which is in my opinion even more impressive), and then drive to Panther Creek Falls before you head home. I saw both on the same day in July of last year.

Spectacular waterfall. The road to get to the gravel parking area gets pretty narrow at some points, but is paved. Getting to the bottom of the falls is a very short, but pretty intensely steep hike. As other reviews have mentioned, once you park, walk back down the road a bit and the trail becomes visible on the right-hand side a little past the spray paint on the road (then follow the sound of rushing water).

Was snowing pretty good and I almost lost my truck to a patch of ice and the cliff side of the road. On a more positive note the falls is amazing and a must see! Go after a big rain as the falls becomes almost twice as big. Loved this place, will be back.

Short trail to the view point, with a fun adventurous option to hike down to right in front of the falls!

Absolutely beautiful! Went there this weekend. Nice drive from Vancouver. Will go back this spring and explore how to get to the bottom of the falls. Worth the short drive and hike to see the stunning falls.

Epic waterfall. Not really a hike

Beautiful Falls! Definitely climb down to the bottom of the falls. Lovely moss walls on the way down.

I rated this as a 4 only because it is difficult to find
But once you do! Oh wow! What an amazing waterfall! Comes directly out of the roots of trees!
I noticed on the way back there is blue spray paint on the road pavement labeling “falls”

great short stroll. beautiful waterfall. didnt trust rope provided to go to bottom of the falls. will be back with my own climbing rope.

Well worth the two hour drive. Good directions, there is no sign post at the falls so watch your odometer.

We have not attempted the trail yet; trying to figure out how to get there. But a suggestion would be to post the GPS Coordinates of the TH. That way our GPS would take us there instead of trying to figure out the roads to get there. Thank you.

Some of the most gorgeous falls you'll ever see, and not many (if any) other people there. NO SIGNS here... be sure to park at the gravel pit parking lot area and walk along the road back the way you came and look for the trail (spray paint on street points you in the right direction).

Quick & Easy view of beautiful flowing creek and waterfall.

Beautiful falls but my friend had a prosthetic leg so we couldn't go to the bottom. I didn't read every single review about the rope and how steep it got. Honestly super sad I wasted an hour and a half of my drive to just view from the top.

Pictures don't do it justice! Absolutely gorgeous!!! Trail head is 4.7 miles past the panther creek campground. Park at gravel pit and walk back down the road to a small path. It's not much of a hike very short to the look out, but like someone mentioned you can get down with the rope along the rocks. It's steep and a little scary if you're new to that kind of thing, but so worth it! I would love to go back with more time to explore down the falls further. Truly a beautiful site!