Panorama Point Skyline Loop Trail

Panorama Point Skyline Loop Trail is a 5.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Paradise Inn, Washington that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and snowshoeing and is best used from July until October.

Trail is currently open as of June 2018, but there is still snow on the trail. Check with park to see if there are other trail and road closures in the area before leaving for hike.

Was a very good trail to hike! Did get lost a couple times but ran into people who was able to get us to are destination! Would go agin very beautiful site to see!

Great wild life. Flowers were in bloom. Trail was in good shape.

Definitely doable if you’re not fit but took longer with all the breaks. Be careful of stepping on shale. Poles help with this bit

Gorgeous trail,not too steep but also a workout.The snow on the mountain is a nice treat.

Hiked this trail earlier this week. The view of Mount Rainier was amazing, it is a must do if you have never been to Mount Rainier before.

Didn't hike the entire trail as we went with a 7 year old and Grandma. But the trail we did hike was beautiful. There was still plenty of snow, which my 7 year old spent much of the time.

Amazing hike! Hiked it clockwise....you’re never without a breathtaking view. My first time seeing a marmot....they were plentiful. Highly recommend.

This was an amazing trail. Gorgeous views. Go counterclockwise and get the steepness over with. It’s an easy 3 mile stroll down after reaching the peak.

Always a classic. So good. Hazy day due to the fires, but not bad. Peak wild flower season has come and gone. This weekend will be the last chance to see some of the darker reds and purples. I would still suggest going to see the flowers . . But not past Sunday. Paradise Inn for lunch is not good . . Would not recommend.

2018-08-05, Sunday, arrived Paradise Visitors center parking at 8:30am, parking lot was half full.
We hiked skyline trail clockwise, stopped a lot and took many photos, amazing view and wild flowers.
It took us 6hours to finish this trail. My iPhone shows total 7 miles (11 km).

Awesome view

Beautiful meadows, snow patches, amazing views of Mt Rainier. The lower sections on the western part of the loop were extremely crowded on the way back, but the eastern part of the loop heading up in the morning was very quiet.

My 4 year old son (H) hiked the entire thing himself, so it is definitely on the easy side.

Probably the busiest trail in the park since it takes you halfway up Rainier. We went on a Wednesday, arrived shortly after noon, and were able to get parking in the lowest Paradise lot. We hiked clockwise on a sunny day to see the mountain as much as possible. There were tons of people until Panorama Point, where a park volunteer was hanging out and there’s a bathroom built into the side of the mountain. The lower skyline path is closed due to a dangerous snowfield, but the top of the high skyline loop is a lovely spot to stop, rest, and take in the mountain. Most folks who keep going after Panorama take the Golden Gate shortcut back—we only met a few folks doing the entire loop after that point. The trail traffic picks up once Golden Gate and Skyline meet again, and even more at Myrtle Falls. There were some marmots and a few chipmunks along the trail—the chipmunks in particular were out for any food not packed away. Hiking poles were useful for the steep portions and the spots where snow is still in the trail.

My buddy and I hiked going clockwise. We also took a detour to do the moraine trail and back. Up to Panorama Point there was an abundance of people. After that point you climb a little and there were very few hikers at high skyline ridge. It was still a fun hike and people should go!

Brffe
Ukuu

paddle sports

Tyvrvn

H

Hiking up was a lot easier than hiking down. Although I fell twice, the hike was definitely worth it.

I hiked this trail on July 27, 2018. We started at the Golden Gate Trail and went counter clockwise. I’m in pretty decent shape, and felt like the trail was super challenging. The payoff was well worth it though! At the top, I was blown away at the beauty of Gods creation! You could see waterfalls from the run off and it literally took my breath away! My recommendations are to wear sunscreen and bug spray. The bugs were biting me through my clothes! I went in the morning and ate a good breakfast. You need that fuel to make it up the mountain.

Did this hike Sunday July 29, 2018. Got to the parking lots of Paradise at 10:15 am and everything was full so had to park on the side of the road. Wasn’t very far away though since we were still fairly early. This trail was intense especially at the beginning. Followed it clockwise so for about 2 miles it goes straight up the mountain. Marmots and chipmunks all over and the wild flowers are blooming in most parts. On the upper skyline loop trail there was still big patches of snow so people brought bags to sled on. Pretty easy to maneuver through the patches though and it was well marked. Only had hiking shoes and I didn’t fall once. Also have to get across two creeks that were pretty wide but doable as well. It’s super hot up there in that elevation so be sure to wear sunscreen and bug spray. I couldn’t believe the views on the entire trail from Mt Rainier and the other mountains along with all of the waterfalls made by runoff. I am definitely not in the most pristine shape and I made it through the whole trail. I say take your time and take lots of pictures. I will be going back!

A tough hike but worth the views. I made it past glacier viewpoint but stopped there since I am still getting used to the altitude.
I will definitely be going back to finish the hike up at Paramount Point.

Amazing views in every turn! Started out to Myrtle Falls and just decided to follow the trail. Saw a lot of Marmots. There are still snowy parts especially when you get to the High Skyline area and it could be white out at times depending on the clouds and winds. Tahoma was showing its glory on and off. we started out at 10 AM (the hike itself) and did it in 3 1/2 hours with stops and to eat brunch. Get there early as when we were on out way out at 330 PM, line to the park entrance was about a mile and a half out already.

Altitude got to me. But it was totally worth it!

Went on 07-22-18. Loved the views, marmots, and workout. Be sure to wear your sunglasses around the snow or your eyes might get sunburnt like mine. Funny thing is I new better but wanted to see it all without lenses.

Fantastic trail. Great views of Mts Rainier, Adams, St. Helens and Hood. Still a couple of snow fields after Panorama Point that took a bit of navigating (and one partly accidental crouched slide downhill...), but good hiking shoes (and poles if you’re less sure of balance) are definitely sufficient. Definitely head up early, we started around 0900 and it was already busy. Took around four hours with plenty of stops for the views.

July 21, 2018.Majestic view of Mt Rainier as always. Hike in early to beat the crowd.

Beautiful day beautiful views

Awesome trail. Don’t skip the high skyline loop! We got to see Mount Adams, Mount St Helens, and Mount Hood on this clear day. Be careful on the snowy parts.

very beautiful in July. I had a beautiful day with clear skies.