New Years Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $19.99
Get Started

Panorama Point from Paradise Inn

Panorama Point from Paradise Inn is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Paradise Inn, Washington that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from October until April.

Distance: 4.1 miles Elevation Gain: 1,263 feet Route Type: Out & Back

skiing

Want to get a small taste of Mt Rainier Mountainering easily done in just a few hours (perhaps even finish before breakfast)? Follow this route from Paradise Inn up to Panorama Point on the slopes of Mt Rainier.

icy

Fun hike and it thankfully cleared up for us when reaching the end for a beautiful view of Rainier. Didn't have snowshoes, poles, or microspikes but would not recommend this one without. Was doable without but a tough trudge in parts. Also lost the trail a few times from the snow but we found our way there eventually.

icy

I went on a sunny day following a day of snow down to 5,000 feet, the elevation of the trailhead. Took the day off work with almost no notice, and I have no regrets. It was beyond expectations, a jaw-dropping winter wonderland. If you see my recording, I lost the trail at one point because of the snow, but followed it through to McClure Rock, which easily beat any of the views from the trail proper. There’s no way you could get away with off-trailing like that without snow. The climb up McClure Rock is the only little bit of scrambling I did. I can’t recommend this trail enough, and I urge you to be patient for conditions like I had. Call the ranger station for projected snow levels if you want to be super sure.

Rain and fog and wind. Bailed out halfway up because visibility and unfamiliar with snowfield

Some periods of packed down snow. Microspikes needed but be prepared to keep putting them on and taking them off. Beautiful!

Relatively easy trail with spectacular views. It’s a true paradise and a must see place in the park.

Several marmots on the trail. Wonderful and well maintained trail.

I would recommend this trail for someone to get glimpse of Mt.Rainer and want to finish in 2-3 hours. On the way watch out for marmots and little squirrels with spectacular view of paradise. It is heaven on the earth.

I completed this hike last week on 9/12 for sunset hike. Great hike! Very steep from the get go but part of that is still paved coming from paradise lodge. Unpaved rest of hike was very well marked, steep but doable for a slow poke lol I just took lots of breaks but you would too with all the amazing views!!!! Saw Adams and Helens plus moon come up behind Rainier. Always nice to be so up close to her. Total time for me was 2 hours 25 minutes but that’s cause I had to fly down with headlamp on cause the clouds kicked in right over the sunset as I descended down. I can see how this would be crowded on a weekend day but it was perfect for me. Should’ve started a little earlier or less picture stops on the way up but that’s not the trails fault. Can’t wait to do it again as a sunrise hike!

Breath taking views almost throughout the entire trail. Crowded but tolerable. I did hike this on Labor Day and it was very clear day. Almost no shade so bring a hat and sunscreen. Mostly paved to a point and then all dirt and rocks. Recommend going further up to High Skyline. Better views of Rainier. Bathroom at Panoramic point. Bring water. Absolutely spectacular how close you get to Rainier. Would do it again.