Panjab Trail

Panjab Trail is a 9.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Dayton, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great hike! Extremely rewarding!

Very fun, very pretty trail. It was late in the day and so I only hiked about a mile and a half in, to the first fork. Very easy first section, hiked it with my kids and toddler.

I think the map on this site may be inaccurate towards the top, but it's hard to tell. Near the top, there was a split in the trail and the fork to the right was blocked with fallen logs. I proceeded to the left and it became a trench filled with patches of snow. It came out into the upland meadow, but there was no trail connector, so I noted that there was a set of leg bones still attached to each other where I emerged. I did an over night stay, and had difficulty finding the Panjab trail after that. Finally had to move along the tree line until I found the leg bones. Then I knew where I was. The split I am describing was at the 3.7 mile mark on this map, but I'm only guessing right now.

Few downed trees across the trail in the first mile but nothing to serious. There is still a very light dusting of snow which made for some great views.

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Good trail. If you start from Panjab trail head know where the springs are for water access. Dunbar and table camp springs were either dry or we could not find the exact location. We had to go to emergency spring, so our first leg of our 20 miler was 11 miles and a little rough.

Sunday, November 13, 2016