Palouse Falls Trail is a 1.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Washtucna, Washington that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This isn’t really a hike. Yes there’s a trail but all the ones people are talking about aren’t official trails and have resulted in multiple deaths over the years as they aren’t maintained/are very worn away. The falls are beautiful and worth driving to/checking out...but don’t expect a hike and realize if you hike down to the water or behind the falls that you are off trail. This area really needs more rangers/officials to stop all the illegal activity.

Beautiful! We did not go all the way down to bottom of falls, but was pretty where ever you chose to go.. lots of warnings about falling to your death tho.. which puts you on alert!

Pretty falls.. There seemed to be an inordinate amount of signs saying 'beware falling' though. It was interesting seeing the lands carved by ice age floods with your own eyes.

The falls were amazing. Short hike, steep in some places. Definitely worth the trek. Use caution navigating the trails. Very steep and loose rocks. Very narrow.

Cash or Check only unless you have the discover pass.

All trails were closed today. But the falls were pretty.

Drove two hours, and let me tell you it was worth it!

Please please please be careful if you hike off-road here. We have had way too many casualties here in the last few years from people swimming next to the falls or getting too close to cliffs. Bringing dogs or small children is not a good idea because the trail is so steep in some spots.

All of that said, the best time to come is Spring because the falls are still full, and the hikes are gorgeous. I do three different locations: hike out to where you can stand above the falls, hike along the walls of the canyon, and hike down to the water. The trail down to the water is very worn. It gets extremely hot here, so multiple water bottles is a must. Also, parking is by check or cash only unless you have a Discover pass.

The little hike is well worth it... It's like 1.5hrs away from Tri-Cities. Pretty nice for landscape photography. BUT extremely hot during summer months as it is pretty dry and almost desert-like (like most of South East WA) so make sure you bring plenty of water and sunblock!

hiked to the bottom of the palouse falls with my dog! 100% worth it at the bottom but wouldn't suggest bringing a dog lol! tons of loose gravel!

June30,2018- We drove all the way from tacoma, 4.5hrs on the road is so worth it! Hiking around the falls was like walk on a park but going down to the falls will kick your ass! Trail eroded but there’s a rope were you can rappel on the way down. And climbing up is the hardest part coz i found myself doing rock climbing (watch out for falling rocks) And never ignore the sign when it says dangerous area. Lol. But it was soooooo worth it.

Great place to spend the day hiking and exploring. Bring plenty of water and watch out for the rattlers.

very great place worth driving from Seattle was more what I thought totally the best

Pretty country drive with Easy access to a great view of the waterfall. This is a great place for a picnic but the campground is awful with no trees and outhouse only.

First time there, we got there early and took our two dogs. Had a great time!

scenic driving

We didn’t hike, we just walked to view the waterfall due to time restraints. The road getting there was beautiful and winding too.

Gorgeous! There is a steep section when facing down towards the river. Marked trails are the safest, and still give access to the waterfall

Can’t truly review this as trail is closed. Blocked off at entrance. I’m assuming because of the drowning out there not too long ago. Sign just says “closed until further notice”

Hiked it clockwise a few days ago with wife. We did it round trip, but last 1/8 mile was a scramble up a loose rock field, pulling ourselves up toward a railroad track by grabbing a rock outcropping on our right. Hike is not for the faint of heart - see link below. In hindsight, we should have hiked down to the top of the falls and returned the same way we came, which would have eliminated a long cliff hugging trail section which takes you close to the base of the falls and then back up to the parking area if you can navigate a steep scramble uphill at the end. If you look at the map provided on the Alltrails site, you will notice a gap in the “loop” - this gap is a a steep hard to ascend slope (fenced off at top) - we had to go past it to find a route to ascend to the parking lot. There was a fatality in late May 2017, due to a fall from this trail.

great trail for beginners and what an awesome waterfall! if you're squeamish of heights then hiking to the falls may not be for you but it's only really tall at the very end. great little trek though.

Not breathtaking, but it's a fun day. My five year old was tired at the end but had so much fun. We will definitely do it again.

World class waterfall! In the middle of NOWHERE! But worth the drive from wherever you’re from.

Beautiful trail, a little muddy but overall great hike.

I went March of 2017 and it was good. I didn’t hike all the way down because I had my dog but I got some amazing pictures.

Great little loop trail! Everyone should visit and see Palouse Falls at least once in their lifetime. I went on Feb 27th 2018 and was able to catch sunset. It was great!

I also filmed the hike and caught some good drone footage of the film. For anyone interested it can be found on Youtube if you search “Sunset over Palouse Falls. Flying to film.”

Or you can find it here: https://youtu.be/AwqozmT7rKc

Let me know what you guys think of the video! Subscribe to the channel DanGoodLife for more videos if interested.

Great hike and amazing waterfall. I recommend hiking out to the top of the falls as well as down to the bottom. Great views from every part of the trail.

beautiful waterfall, though there was freezing rain today and it took us a number of attempts to get up the hill! so would recommend 4 wheel drive if weather conditions are calling for snow or freezing rain but a must do if you are in the area!

Super fun, definitely would go again

Sunday, November 19, 2017

Gorgeous and easily accessible. It is the state waterfall of Washington and for just reason. I went mid October when the fall colors were coming to life. I was surprised there was so much color. A breath taking place for sure!

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

great!!!!!

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Great area, should use caution if hiking to the lip of falls.