Palouse Falls Trail

Palouse Falls Trail is a 2.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Washtucna, Washington that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

very great place worth driving from Seattle was more what I thought totally the best

Pretty country drive with Easy access to a great view of the waterfall. This is a great place for a picnic but the campground is awful with no trees and outhouse only.

First time there, we got there early and took our two dogs. Had a great time!

scenic driving

We didn’t hike, we just walked to view the waterfall due to time restraints. The road getting there was beautiful and winding too.

Gorgeous! There is a steep section when facing down towards the river. Marked trails are the safest, and still give access to the waterfall

Can’t truly review this as trail is closed. Blocked off at entrance. I’m assuming because of the drowning out there not too long ago. Sign just says “closed until further notice”

Hiked it clockwise a few days ago with wife. We did it round trip, but last 1/8 mile was a scramble up a loose rock field, pulling ourselves up toward a railroad track by grabbing a rock outcropping on our right. Hike is not for the faint of heart - see link below. In hindsight, we should have hiked down to the top of the falls and returned the same way we came, which would have eliminated a long cliff hugging trail section which takes you close to the base of the falls and then back up to the parking area if you can navigate a steep scramble uphill at the end. If you look at the map provided on the Alltrails site, you will notice a gap in the “loop” - this gap is a a steep hard to ascend slope (fenced off at top) - we had to go past it to find a route to ascend to the parking lot. There was a fatality in late May 2017, due to a fall from this trail.

great trail for beginners and what an awesome waterfall! if you're squeamish of heights then hiking to the falls may not be for you but it's only really tall at the very end. great little trek though.

Not breathtaking, but it's a fun day. My five year old was tired at the end but had so much fun. We will definitely do it again.

World class waterfall! In the middle of NOWHERE! But worth the drive from wherever you’re from.

Beautiful trail, a little muddy but overall great hike.

I went March of 2017 and it was good. I didn’t hike all the way down because I had my dog but I got some amazing pictures.

Great little loop trail! Everyone should visit and see Palouse Falls at least once in their lifetime. I went on Feb 27th 2018 and was able to catch sunset. It was great!

I also filmed the hike and caught some good drone footage of the film. For anyone interested it can be found on Youtube if you search “Sunset over Palouse Falls. Flying to film.”

Or you can find it here: https://youtu.be/AwqozmT7rKc

Let me know what you guys think of the video! Subscribe to the channel DanGoodLife for more videos if interested.

Great hike and amazing waterfall. I recommend hiking out to the top of the falls as well as down to the bottom. Great views from every part of the trail.

beautiful waterfall, though there was freezing rain today and it took us a number of attempts to get up the hill! so would recommend 4 wheel drive if weather conditions are calling for snow or freezing rain but a must do if you are in the area!

Super fun, definitely would go again

Gorgeous and easily accessible. It is the state waterfall of Washington and for just reason. I went mid October when the fall colors were coming to life. I was surprised there was so much color. A breath taking place for sure!

great!!!!!

Great area, should use caution if hiking to the lip of falls.

It was a lot of fun, got down to the falls, not an easy climb.

The view is absolutely amazing. Anyone familiar with desert living will be impressed with the beautiful waterfall in the middle of no where. However, this is not really a hike at all. So actual park trail is only about 0.5 miles long. It's really just a view point. There are unauthorized trails that can lead you to the bottom of the fall but they are unclear, very steep and it's completely at YOUR OWN RISK!!!

steep, some what unsafe, beautiful view, be very careful with children. Our route took us to the top of the falls very scary to look down 185 feet.

Palouse fall is beautiful! Must visit!

Friday, June 16, 2017

Beautiful, but the marked trail isn't very interesting or very long. There can be lots of wildlife here. Even too much wildlife lol mice etc.

Monday, May 29, 2017

We had a stroller. It was not easy. So we have decided if we do go again we will bring the carrier. But it was beautiful and being next to the water was so much fun.

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Hiked to the bottom. I'm really not all that thrilled about heights and a narrow trail passing other hikers but it was well worth a few more gray hairs for me.
Had a great time and I'm so glad we did it!!!

Monday, May 22, 2017

pictures don't do it justice! the parking lot drops you off at the top and there's a light hike with great views of the falls and the river but if you're adventurous you can use some unofficial trails to get lower along the river and bottom of the falls. it is a bit steep but not too challenging. you do need a parking pass to park though and you have to pay with check or cash in person. technically there's a way to pay on the phone but there is no reception.

Monday, May 22, 2017

Easy hike. Going back up from the falls it is a steep incline. Beautiful, I've been there twice and definitely wouldn't mind going back.

Monday, May 22, 2017

We are beginners... this was pretty easy until the end. The last 50 feet, felt like we had to crawl. It was enjoyable experience and we will definitely do it again. It was beautiful scenery. Glad we went early to beat the rush, as we were leaving around 11 the place was packed. I would go as early as you can.