Palisades Trail (#1198)

Palisades Trail (#1198) is a 11.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Enumclaw, Washington that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, mountain biking, and snowshoeing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail has it all, from beautiful forests, good climbing and fun descents to technical sections with views of Mt. Rainier from cliffs that will inspire you. Start hiking through old growth timber. At a tenth of a mile cross Dalles Creek and for the next mile be careful as you hike through a series of short switchbacks in loose rock. You will gradually climb and cross Snoquera Creek at mile 3.7. At mile 4.7 you reach viewpoints of the White River Valley below. The next section of your hike will take you through a recent timber harvest area at mile 5.5. Another viewpoint of the valley below is just ahead at mile 5.7. At mile 6.6 is the junction with Ranger Creek Trail 1197. Description at USFS web site: http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/mbs/recreation/recarea/?recid=18158&actid=24

Amazing hike! We didn't finish the whole trail and it was amazing!

First part of hike is switch backs. Some are steep, others are rolling up and down.

First waterfall was spectacular and roaring. Second waterfall was beautiful and more serene.

After second waterfall, you have stairs and gentle switchbacks. You cross two creeks then your in the silent forest as I'd like to call it.

We turned around at the first ledge lookout.

We will definitely be going again!

P.S. heard there are still snow patches past the lookout on the way to the end of trail.

My wife and I joined Trail Mix to hike Palisades Trail. We went up to the second viewpoint. The weather was cloudy. My wife and I joined Trail Mix group to hike Palisades Trail. We went up to the second viewpoint. The weather was cloudy. The temperature at the trailhead was 48 F and 40 F at the top. There still was some snow just before the second viewpoint, but it was manageable with regular boots. Dalles Falls had high water volume and very impressive.

Found this by accident kinda.. Directly off 410 ..hardly any one there..we ran into 4 groups of people the whole time.. trail was dry untill we got to the snow probly 4 miles in.. fantastic view and Waterfalls

One of my favorite hikes! Lots of switchbacks but from the trailhead to the lookout it's only about and hour hike. The view at the lookout is incredible. There is a light dusting of snow at the upper forest area. Definitely would do it again

Excellent winter hike, could have used snowshoes after the upper waterfall. Made it halfway to the north snoquera point from the south point.

I went up late so there wasn't much time to waste. I went out and back to the first viewpoint. There is one large log across the switchback that you have to navigate over. The falls were raging after recent rains.

Hiked with my two dogs today and had a great time. Very good trail. Not busy at all. Beautiful viewpoint and waterfalls. Would recommend and will be back. Worth the drive.

Great out and back hike full day hike depending on your speed love being able to hit the summit on this trail.

Amazing hike. 6/25/16 great views waterfalls rocks and trees.

Saturday, May 07, 2016