Padilla Bay Trail is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mt Vernon, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice easy hike today with my dogs. Good fresh air and the views of the bay and farmland on the other side. 4.5 miles roundtrip. Park your car in designated parking next to the farm. No discovery pass needed. Bring extra layer or windbreaker if needed.

This is a flat easy trail. There is no protection from sun or wind. I felt baked even with 30 sunscreen 1 mile in. I recommend starting at the end and going the other way. There is parking at both trailheads.

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Nice, enjoyable trail. Beautiful views. Enjoyed walking this trail with my kiddos, and enjoying the crisp marine air

Friday, August 04, 2017

Easy bike and walking path, good to take the dog on for a quick walk.

Monday, May 08, 2017

I liked the open sky and sun shining right on me. Lots of people on a beautiful Sunday. Lots of dogs and families. It was a little too flat and not quite wild enough for me since I love the forest. However, I will do this again. Walking on gravel was good for core strengthening.

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Nice, not the greatest, but nice

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Great gravel path. Easy walk for kids or elderly. Scenic views.

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Great little trail for walking, biking, running. Lot's of dogs so be aware. Nice flat trail along water. Benches for sitting along the way. A single picnic table located about center of the trail. Portapotty located at the south parking area/trailhead. trail sign state it is 2 1/8 miles each way. Great area for being away from traffic and town on a nice level gravel trail.

Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Check tide schedule before going. Nice views! Nice and easy trail but too easy and got boring.

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

This has been a great trail for my back injury recovery up until this last couple weeks. I normally bicycle for my exercise but haven't been able to due to my back. I live less then 10 miles from the trail head so walking and just lately some slow jogging on this flat trail has been a great way for me to get out and enjoy the outdoors. The reason I say until two weeks ago is because of the unleashed dogs. The last three times I been out there have been multiple people with loose running dogs. Today again a dog came running towards me and the owners not even attempting to stop the dog, when I called to them to leash their dog they replied "what leash law" with a very sarcastic tone. A week ago a dog charged at me barking and showing its teeth. I had no idea if I was about to get bitten or not. The owner just smiled at me as I told them to leash their dog.

I no longer feel safe alone on this trail any more, I would call the Police but by the time they arrive most likely the people would be gone and I have no way to Identify them since I don't know the vehicle they drive. I've been bitten twice before by "dog-that-don't-bite". I now have to find another place for my exercise. It's to bad people are so inconsiderate and that these few can ruin it for the rest.

Wednesday, April 09, 2014

This trail is great it has wow factor with the mud flats! I liked that you could even walk down on a few of them. There was so many birds to see. I got pretty close to a blue herein . I wasn't able to make it all the way to the end of the trail because it's so long! but that's a good thing. my dog loved it . It took me a while to find the parking area because it's kinda hidden , but it's easy once you know where it is.

Saturday, March 23, 2013

More for a serene walk! Great for digs and a little escape to some mud flats!

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

This is a great flat trail to take the dog walking.

Wednesday, September 05, 2012

This is a good little gravel-paved walk that I do every once in a while. This trail in much less of a hike; much more of a jogging/running/biking path. It borders a precious watershed and should be noted as a excellent birding arena. This has the sights and sounds of the Puget Sound... the Oil factory and the highway as well. But for a path to frequently excercise on, this one is a gem...

Friday, April 13, 2012

If your a bird watcher, this is the trail for you. Sort of a beach hike, without having to deal with sand in your shoes. The only downfall is how windy it tends to get here...which caused a bit of an embarrassing moment for me. Read about it and see pictures on my blog: http://kellbell-whywouldanyonereadthis.blogspot.com/2012/04/padilla-bay-shore-trail.html

recorded Padilla Bay Trail