Padilla Bay Trail is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mount Vernon, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.5 miles Elevation Gain: 45 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Really windy today! Great walk with kids

You gotta love the birds. There’s lots of them. I didn’t know in the winter that there might be artic owls!

It was a perfect place to get out. Every one is social distancing and some are wearing masks. There was enough of a breeze to stay cool but with out that the trails offered no shade and could have easily become too hot.

Beautiful, crisp morning. Eagles, herons, ducks and other fowl everywhere. Trail is virtually deserted. great place for meditative walks.

This trail is always great. Great place to run. The miles are clearly marked.

Easy out and back loop right up against the slough for Padilla. Very windy!

This is great and beautiful if your looking for a nice easy walk or for jogging.

Flat trail that runs along the water line. Good views and a good place to see shorebirds eagles harriers. Kid and bike friendly

Nice trail near the bay. Completed on 6/16/19 and the water level was low so the bay area was muddy and not underwater like usual. Check it out if you are in the area, but I wouldn't travel far to get to it. Trail in very nice condition, dry and flat

Mon May 27 2019

VANDALISM. Both front windows of my car smashed out, as well as two other cars hit. The trial was fairly busy this morning (Memorial Day), so I was surprised by it. I know it's endemic to our area, but maybe some hidden cameras or something? The hike itself is easy, flat with plenty of benches. My first time here and I was expecting something more secluded, but it was a pleasant walk with my daughte

Sun May 19 2019

*nice stroll along the water.

Sun May 12 2019

pros: *well maintained trails *trail to water * not a lot of people * little kiddo friendly cons: was vary cold bring coat visit April 2019

Mon Apr 22 2019

Very nice well maintained trail. I think I would have enjoyed it more if the tide was in. At low tide my view was mud flats but the far off mountains and bay views are great. Parking is good and no Discovery Pass needed. I would plan to go when the tide is in.

Sun Apr 21 2019

Nice 4 mile walk to the barn and back.

Tue Apr 16 2019

Fun, easy trail. lots of birds. a good option if other trails are not accessible yet, or for a quiet walk

Tue Jan 22 2019

Wed Oct 31 2018

Nice easy hike today with my dogs. Good fresh air and the views of the bay and farmland on the other side. 4.5 miles roundtrip. Park your car in designated parking next to the farm. No discovery pass needed. Bring extra layer or windbreaker if needed.

Sun Jul 08 2018

This is a flat easy trail. There is no protection from sun or wind. I felt baked even with 30 sunscreen 1 mile in. I recommend starting at the end and going the other way. There is parking at both trailheads.

Tue Aug 29 2017

Nice, enjoyable trail. Beautiful views. Enjoyed walking this trail with my kiddos, and enjoying the crisp marine air

Fri Aug 04 2017

Easy bike and walking path, good to take the dog on for a quick walk.

Mon May 08 2017

I liked the open sky and sun shining right on me. Lots of people on a beautiful Sunday. Lots of dogs and families. It was a little too flat and not quite wild enough for me since I love the forest. However, I will do this again. Walking on gravel was good for core strengthening.

Wed Sep 14 2016

Nice, not the greatest, but nice

Sat Jul 16 2016

Great gravel path. Easy walk for kids or elderly. Scenic views.

Tue Dec 29 2015

Great little trail for walking, biking, running. Lot's of dogs so be aware. Nice flat trail along water. Benches for sitting along the way. A single picnic table located about center of the trail. Portapotty located at the south parking area/trailhead. trail sign state it is 2 1/8 miles each way. Great area for being away from traffic and town on a nice level gravel trail.

Wed Feb 04 2015

Check tide schedule before going. Nice views! Nice and easy trail but too easy and got boring.

Tue Dec 30 2014

This has been a great trail for my back injury recovery up until this last couple weeks. I normally bicycle for my exercise but haven't been able to due to my back. I live less then 10 miles from the trail head so walking and just lately some slow jogging on this flat trail has been a great way for me to get out and enjoy the outdoors. The reason I say until two weeks ago is because of the unleashed dogs. The last three times I been out there have been multiple people with loose running dogs. Today again a dog came running towards me and the owners not even attempting to stop the dog, when I called to them to leash their dog they replied "what leash law" with a very sarcastic tone. A week ago a dog charged at me barking and showing its teeth. I had no idea if I was about to get bitten or not. The owner just smiled at me as I told them to leash their dog. I no longer feel safe alone on this trail any more, I would call the Police but by the time they arrive most likely the people would be gone and I have no way to Identify them since I don't know the vehicle they drive. I've been bitten twice before by "dog-that-don't-bite". I now have to find another place for my exercise. It's to bad people are so inconsiderate and that these few can ruin it for the rest.

Wed Apr 09 2014

This trail is great it has wow factor with the mud flats! I liked that you could even walk down on a few of them. There was so many birds to see. I got pretty close to a blue herein . I wasn't able to make it all the way to the end of the trail because it's so long! but that's a good thing. my dog loved it . It took me a while to find the parking area because it's kinda hidden , but it's easy once you know where it is.