Overland Loop Trail

Overland Loop Trail is a 18.9 mile loop trail located near Belfair, Washington that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

off road driving

Great trails, well marked also. Be warned this is not for full size trucks. I wouldn’t take anything larger than a 4Runner. It is possible with a full size but you’ll want spotters and plenty of time to negotiate the trees.

Honestly, I followed the directions off this site and I’m not sure I actually found this specific trail. With that being said, there’s a nice set of trails you can access off NE Elfendahl Pass Road. There’s a staging area and you can access a trail directly across the street or take a left and there’s a main branch down the road on the right. If you take the main branch option, there are various trails that lead off it and you can choose the difficulty. I took my stock ‘03 Grand Cherokee and had not issues.

off road driving

I have a 2001 3” Wrangler with some all terrains and she did awesome!!! Such a fun trail to break in WA. I will definitely be back to try some of the climbs I backed out on. I consider myself a beginner and this trail has something for everyone!

off road driving

Did the 4x4 loop in my stock 99 Ford Expedition 4x4 with my wife and daughter. Had an awesome time and was able to navigate without many issues. Mostly just dodging tree roots and rocks and more advanced sections of the trail. Scraped my running boards and skid plates but nothing serious. If you are looking to get out and do some off-roading, check this place out. Trail is built for stock and lifted vehicles. Look online for a better map and download that. The map here is not the right one for the 4x4 loop. Can’t wait to go again.

off road driving

Edit: Google Tahuya orv, one of the jeep clubs has a better map to locate entrance.

Discovery Pass Required.

Great place for all levels for orv. We took our stock jeep to go check it out. First time, loved it, we where able to drive around some trails with stock jeep jk and never used 4x4. Plenty of space to turn around, trails marked well, and maintained. The map system was ok, it was better to just explore ourselves, nothing crazy, but did see some more orv advanced hill climbs. Overall i would recommend, and i am returning with a more built up jeep.
There is also camping across street from orv entrance and around close by. Bathrooms also located across from orv entrance, with staging areas.
You can take stock jeep, and not air down or put in 4x4, and explore , with out denting or damaging. So if your looking for more then just a dirt road but also have not built up your rig, this good place to have great time. Roots, tight turns, rocks, whoops and pot holes and stumps to traverse over. I have uploaded some pics of the jeep we took, thats driving into park, and on one of the trails. Hope this helps and enjoy the dirt.

off road driving

It was fun as always with a Jeep, first trail to break in my Jeep in Washington state. It wasn't too hard to find the trails but, GPS took me to another location so maybe just better signs leading people to the off roading trails.

off road driving

had my wife driving this Trail teaching her how to four wheel excellent learning and ability tester for beginners you gotta look forward to going back

off road driving

Fun, exciting, and a decent challenge for our first official trip off road. Look forward to getting out there again.

Friday, December 09, 2016

Bought my 4x4 Ranger a couple years ago and had never been to Tahuya. Finally came to test it out on a weekday morning and I was the only one there.

I found some of the purple trail markings confusing for 4x4's. A couple times I unknowingly took a wrong turn onto an atv track that became impassable due to tight trees and had to back out. Maybe it wouldn't have been confusing if other people were there. Considering I had the whole place to myself I was able to easily laugh at the wrong turns and learn from the mistakes without causing problems for others.

One or two spots were a short steep hill climb where you're mostly looking at sky til you crest. It was very dry at the time so it was easy driving up. But I did wonder how easy those couple spots would've been if the bare dirt was soaked with rain. Quite a bit of the trails can be driven in 2wd, if not all for a strong rig. There are some tight spots between trees and tight turns that could be tricky with a full size truck. Like others have said online, it's a good safe place to test a 4x4 or a new driver with little fear of damage. There is the rock garden for those with lifted rigs and probably articulated suspension. Best to bring some food or snacks and enjoy at least a few hours maybe half a day exploring the trails and surrounding area.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Monday, August 29, 2016

Monday, January 04, 2016

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Took my stock Rubicon JKU and it was a ton on fun.
Trailhead is at 47.471, -122.913 not where specified on the map.

Thursday, July 16, 2015

come here as often as we can! many trails for atv/mx riders! great for the whole family too! camping is on a first come basis but that's usually not a problem! never have had any bad experiences there! everyone always seems friendly and respectful so its definitely a great place! the only thing that would make it better is if there was a lake that u could swim in cuz it gets hot!

Monday, May 25, 2015

This was my the first place we ever took the Jeep off-roading. Good for beginners - but there were quite a few folks there with very-advanced looking rigs as well. Its fairly close to Seattle if you don't want to drive 3 hours to go wheelin...

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Great place to learn to 4x4 there are two rock gardens if you have the rig the main trail you can bring a stock jeep or yota and have no problems shoter the wheel base will work better but you can bring a full size