Overland Loop Trail

Overland Loop Trail is a 18.9 mile loop trail located near Belfair, Washington that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Horses are also able to use this trail.

18.9 miles 1925 feet Loop

off road driving

Fun, exciting, and a decent challenge for our first official trip off road. Look forward to getting out there again.

off road driving

Bought my 4x4 Ranger a couple years ago and had never been to Tahuya. Finally came to test it out on a weekday morning and I was the only one there.

I found some of the purple trail markings confusing for 4x4's. A couple times I unknowingly took a wrong turn onto an atv track that became impassable due to tight trees and had to back out. Maybe it wouldn't have been confusing if other people were there. Considering I had the whole place to myself I was able to easily laugh at the wrong turns and learn from the mistakes without causing problems for others.

One or two spots were a short steep hill climb where you're mostly looking at sky til you crest. It was very dry at the time so it was easy driving up. But I did wonder how easy those couple spots would've been if the bare dirt was soaked with rain. Quite a bit of the trails can be driven in 2wd, if not all for a strong rig. There are some tight spots between trees and tight turns that could be tricky with a full size truck. Like others have said online, it's a good safe place to test a 4x4 or a new driver with little fear of damage. There is the rock garden for those with lifted rigs and probably articulated suspension. Best to bring some food or snacks and enjoy at least a few hours maybe half a day exploring the trails and surrounding area.

off road driving

Took my stock Rubicon JKU and it was a ton on fun.
Trailhead is at 47.471, -122.913 not where specified on the map.

off road driving

come here as often as we can! many trails for atv/mx riders! great for the whole family too! camping is on a first come basis but that's usually not a problem! never have had any bad experiences there! everyone always seems friendly and respectful so its definitely a great place! the only thing that would make it better is if there was a lake that u could swim in cuz it gets hot!

off road driving

This was my the first place we ever took the Jeep off-roading. Good for beginners - but there were quite a few folks there with very-advanced looking rigs as well. Its fairly close to Seattle if you don't want to drive 3 hours to go wheelin...

off road driving

Great place to learn to 4x4 there are two rock gardens if you have the rig the main trail you can bring a stock jeep or yota and have no problems shoter the wheel base will work better but you can bring a full size