Otter and Big Creek Falls Via Taylor River Trail

Otter and Big Creek Falls Via Taylor River Trail is a 9.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near North Bend, Washington that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 9.1 miles Elevation Gain: 849 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Good long trail with not much elevation. Might get little repetitive but this is silly to complaint on these great trails this region has to offer. If you are looking for distance than elevation, this is a great trail. The falls itself is great place to chill & have lunch/snack up.

Beautiful trail, wonderful time to explore it. After the rain storm we had, the falls at the end were a great site to behold.

I like this trail because it was great for trail running, that and I didn’t have a lot of time so I didn’t go for a huge incline with elevation. It was a nice cool day with lots of little creeks, the river down below, and yes found my way to otter falls. I would love more time to take this trail on up to the lakes. With all the rain it is muddy and some of the rocks can be slippery. Definitely seeing fall colors as well right now!

Not too crowded on a beautiful Sunday. A bridge with a small waterfall at mile 3, a couple boulder fields to navigate around mile 4, and only a couple cairns to mark the turn off to the falls on the left (soon after a bolder field). The falls are a bit lacking - it is August after all, but the rock feature is amazing.

I really wanted to like this hike but I just didn't care for it. It is definitely a mild hike since there is very little elevation gain but it is also pretty long so I found myself getting bored about halfway through. (Pretty much just a walk through the woods the entire time). Finding the trailhead through the app was a little bit difficult (I parked a little far away and then just guessed) but you pretty much just drive as far as you can down the road and start on the Snoqualmie Lake trailhead. I also had a difficult time finding the falls. There wasn't any signage really but luckily the ladies I passed on my way there told me where to go (although I still think I went the wrong way as it really didn't seem like much of a trail to get there..just kind of scrambled over the hill looking for the falls). There weren't really any falls to speak of since it's summer but the rock formation was very beautiful. I can see why a lot of people enjoy this hike, it just wasn't for me. The one thing I did like though was the lack of people on the trail. I went with my dog on a Monday and maybe only passed about 4 people the entire time.

Great hike today! A lovely walk in the woods with a quick climb up & then back down to the falls.

The hike was super chill the whole way there until the last 600ft which it just straight elevation gain! There is a dinky little sign that says “Otter Falls” pinned to a tree. You don’t really know where to go, we just followed the sounds of the falls.

Easy trail with interesting points, stream crossings, are views. The waterfall is off the main trail and can be a fun scramble.

Otter Falls was beautiful!! The trail is VERY rocky but pretty easy. Would highly recommend.

Easy and flat, beautiful forest. Saw some bear scat, some old, some less old.

Loved this hike! So peaceful. Most of it is through a green forest. Part of it is along a river and you come to big creek about 3.5 miles in. Otter falls was much bigger than I expected. It was great! My Strava recorded 11 miles total from the parking lot to the falls and back.

Previous reports are spot on. Nice easy hike. Large cairn on the right side of trail, can’t miss it, marking where a left turn is required for Otter Falls.

This was a great trail with an easy long gradual elevation climb. The trail was rocky but mostly wide and easy to walk on. Beautiful water features on the way. Otter Falls was pretty but water level was low. We continued to Snoqualmie lake bringing this hike to a whopping 18 miles round trip. The mosquitos at Snoqualmie Lake (and partly on the hike to Snoqualmie Lake) were BAD! Wear good bug spray if you plan to continue past Otter Falls. If you plan to go to Snoqualmie Lake, you can travel a bit further up the trail from a fire pit and find a trail on the left that leads up to a toilet! There are other reviews of some creek/river crossings...this time of year the water levels were low so they were easily passable without getting wet.

Came here on a Monday. Not many people which was great. Took my dog. Really pretty place to have lunch. The waterfall looks a lot bigger in person than in photo :D Took about 1hr coming back (jogging and fast walking)

Awesome Hike on a weekday 73 degrees and Sunny went to Otter falls and back after work was a great mellow easy out and back

Northwest forest or America the beautiful pass required. Trails starts at end of road, where big concrete blocks block the road. Got to the parking lot on 5/28 around 8am, was the only car there. You are on the snoqualmie lake trail all the way to the falls. Had the falls to myself for a whole hr. Once back on the main trail keep going towards big creek falls. It will add a little less than a mile round trip. Trail is easy-moderate, just long and rocky in some places. 11 miles round trip if you go all the way to big creek. I passed 7 parties on my way back. Falls were beautiful. Pictures don’t do it justice.

This is a beautiful hike, but boy it is rocky! Get to the trailhead by 9am or so to get a parking spot. The trail is nice and is a gradual incline, but is mostly loose rocks and sticks, so be careful with your footing. It is very rocky with 8 water crossings; two being major water crossings. Recommend bringing your trekking poles for help maneuvering and balance. The trail is mostly tree covered, so offers plenty of shade. Once you get to where the Otter Falls sign is, you hike directly up a steep incline to the top, where you’ll then hike directly down a steep path out to the falls. There you can find a place to sit, have lunch, and enjoy the Falls. This hike is rated as moderate, but is an easier moderate; just long! Worth going to and trying out for a nice and relaxing hike! *Requires Northwest Forest Pass

Hiked today with my daughter. we were at the trailhead early and there were only 7 other cars. nice hike, a good break from the one last weekend (tons of switchbacks)as there were no switchbacks. but the crossings can be a challenge. two were quite wide with some deep patches. as others have said, wear sturdy boots and poles help. but, we enjoyed the crossings and it was a fun trail! the falls were amazing.

A nice meandering steady upward stroll. The photos don’t do the falls justice. Go at least once, it’s pretty cool.