Oneonta Trail to Bell Creek Trail Loop

Oneonta Trail to Bell Creek Trail Loop is a 12.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bridal Veil, Oregon that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and backpacking and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

bridge out

old growth

I definitely under-estimated the difficulty of the entire trail! A lot of sections under running water so waterproof boots are definitely recommended. There is an extremely dangerous river crossing that leads right to a waterfall just before Bell Creek meets up with Oneonta. When I went across it was knee deep and rushing pretty drastically. There really should be a bridge here. I had about 2.4 miles left to go of rocky terrain which was rough in soaking wet socks and boots. I had some difficulty with my GPS on the Bell Creek descent, but it may be more of an AllTrails track error. The switchback descent on Bell Creek was a little sketchy with downed trees, a tight trail, and trail erosion. A couple times I felt like I was going to trigger a rockfall to the trails below. Use extreme caution. A lot of bush to travel through, I would recommend wearing long pants (I wore shorts and regretted it).

Monday, April 10, 2017

Really beautiful but hard as you move off Oneonta & onto Bell Creek! Parts are washed out right now but still passable! Great workout!

Tuesday, April 11, 2017