Oneonta Trail to Bell Creek Trail Loop

Oneonta Trail to Bell Creek Trail Loop is a 12.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bridal Veil, Oregon that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and backpacking and is best used from April until November.

bridge out

old growth

I definitely under-estimated the difficulty of the entire trail! A lot of sections under running water so waterproof boots are definitely recommended. There is an extremely dangerous river crossing that leads right to a waterfall just before Bell Creek meets up with Oneonta. When I went across it was knee deep and rushing pretty drastically. There really should be a bridge here. I had about 2.4 miles left to go of rocky terrain which was rough in soaking wet socks and boots. I had some difficulty with my GPS on the Bell Creek descent, but it may be more of an AllTrails track error. The switchback descent on Bell Creek was a little sketchy with downed trees, a tight trail, and trail erosion. A couple times I felt like I was going to trigger a rockfall to the trails below. Use extreme caution. A lot of bush to travel through, I would recommend wearing long pants (I wore shorts and regretted it).

Really beautiful but hard as you move off Oneonta & onto Bell Creek! Parts are washed out right now but still passable! Great workout!