Obstruction Point Road

Obstruction Point Road is a 14.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Port Angeles, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for nature trips and scenic driving and is best used from January until April.

Distance: 14.8 miles Elevation Gain: 2,874 feet Route Type: Out & Back

scenic driving

ohv/off road driving

Drive slowly and enjoy the fantastic scenery, road in perfect condition-wide, not a two track, and grated. Occasional narrows but there a pull outs. Great hike at the end, pit toilets. Any vehicle with 4 wheels or dirt bike could travel this road. We saw a couple of mountain bikers but they didn't look too happy.

great views, paved road

Mon Oct 22 2018

Nice drive, narrow road at times and lots of sharp rocks on road. Saw someone changing flat tire along narrow road. 2 trails along the way and some trails at the end with a pit toilet and lots of parking. Will be back to explore the trails we discovered. Will take truck next time vs. car due to road conditions.

scenic driving
Sat Sep 29 2018

A tricky drive. While I have confidence in my driving, due to the narrow roads with drop-offs you have to have faith in the drivers going opposite to you. There are multiple places two cars simply cannot pass next to each other. I arrived mid-day so there were cars going both directions and I found that some drivers worked patiently with me while others threw caution in the wind and barrelled down the road past me like I was not on the edge of a steep drop off. Overall, great experience. I arrived on a cloudy day with very low clouds so I did not experience the views that I read glowing reviews about.

Sat Aug 11 2018

neat scenic drive on the side of the mountains, great views, the drive takes you down to a couple hiking trails. the road is a bumpy , windy, 1 way dirt road . tons of wild flowers.

Mon Sep 26 2016

The drive to Obstruction Point is not as scary as the drive to Deer Park, but a close second. The views are great but you better have confidence in whoever is driving the car. The hikes at the end are awesome.

Tue Aug 09 2016

Not sure I would call this a hiking trail, It's a road, we drove it, to many cars on it to hike, unless you like dust in your face after cars go by

Mon Jul 15 2013

Closed in July 2013 repairs being made

Tue May 28 2013

The drive alone is worth visiting Obstruction Point. You experience some of the most incredible views the Olympics have to offer all from the seat of your car. Lots of Olympic Marmots and wildflowers so don't forget your camera. This is a starting point for us when hiking our 6 Pass Hike every year. Leaving Obstruction Point we then cross Grand, Cameron, Lost, Hayden, Constance, and Marmot Passes. It's an amazing 6 day retreat.

Thu Jun 01 2017