User could not be found.

O. O. Denny County Park Loop Trail

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(99)
O.O. Denny Park

O. O. Denny County Park Loop Trail is a 1.3 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Kirkland, Washington that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.3 km Elevation Gain: 55 m Route Type: Loop

Super confusing. No start point or end point. I ended up doing 2miles only. It might be me who could not find the route. So all the very best to all.

Great trail down to o o Denny! Beautiful stairs and a creek on the way

Pretty smooth down hills. Some steep up hills. Watch out for stinging nettle. Stay on the trail to avoid them.

Took a 10 year old and 6 year old on this hike and it was the perfect length and difficulty. Close proximity to streams which adds to the immersion in nature. A bit muddy in Feb but it’s well maintained. We will for sure be back.

Super easy 30 minutes or less hike that ends at a lovely beach

It was ok, just not what I expected. It was a regular huge public lake that you drive right up to. Not a hike to the lake. Lots of ppl bbq'in and swimming. Really nice lake though. There is a trail about a mile long off the lake that you can take that was nice and only saw 3ppl while on it.

Some hills and beautiful old trees. A nice short hike with a bit of elevation to get your heart rate up, but mostly a nice walk in an old forest.

My mother in law came to visit and does not hike but we wanted to give her the “Washington big tree trail experience” so this was perfect for her to be able to walk out to see Sylvia the largest tree and back. What a beautiful place. Next time solo we we have to do the whole trail and bring our kayak to the lake

Great one mile walk. Good for the whole family. Lots of little books to explore for kids.

Mon Mar 11 2019

fun place to take kids, therrs a park, trail, and swimming,when its warm

Fri Feb 15 2019

We needed to get for a short walk. This proved to be a good choice. We followed the listed trail. The north portion was compact snow an ice for the most Pat. The return southern trail was almost clear of snow. There were a number of branches on the trail and at least 5 blow downs but easy enough to under/over/around. Good to get out. Trekking poles were an asset.

Sun Sep 16 2018

nice trail. could be dangerous on rainy/muddy day. 600 year old tree was pretty cool. bathrooms are nice after the hill

Mon Sep 03 2018

Super awesome! Short hike, but some good hills and so much to look at. This totally sparked my 9 year olds interest in hiking, she was all about exploring all the nooks and crannies. We had a perfect family day exploring and finished it by lounging on the beach. We'll be back often!

Fri Mar 16 2018

Good small trail with lots of Creek crossings. Be sure to not miss the hairpin turn at the large bridge (where all of the little history pictures are) or else you'll end up going way up the creek (as I did)

Tue Mar 13 2018

Micro bday hike . Loved Sylvia! My only complaint is it’s too short!

Wed Feb 07 2018

Actually one of my favorite EASY hikes ever! JAM PACKED with such beauty, it's a little gem that even during the summer crowd you can still find solitude!

Sat Aug 12 2017

I took my boys 5 and 9 for a hike. We decided to do the uphill part first. Trail went up and down, has beautiful views of enormous trees, Sylvia the 600 years old tree is unbelievable! My kids had a great time and even learned about where and how salmons lay eggs and saw the salmon ladder. Then we went swimming on the other side of the road. Played in the playground...a great day! Highly recommended for a short (45 min) moderately challenging and gorgeous walk.

Wed Jul 05 2017

Took my kiddos, 6 and 8, out for a little stroll and to get them out for a small hike before we did more over the summer. This is a nice walk. I always choose to start on the opposite end of the loop and do all of the uphill first. There are some spots along the path that are muddy and slick so watch your step. The walk along Denny Creek is nice but not as impressive as many others. It does the trick though and is still a pretty walk through 2nd growth forest. After the hike we went across the street and enjoyed the park and the views along Lake Washington.

Sat Jun 24 2017

This trail is rated as easy, but for someone out of shape (like myself), it was much harder. The last half of the trail is all uphill and many parts of it were covered in mud. This is not accessible to wheelchair bound or other disabled folks (I had been told that it was). It was, however, quiet, not very trafficked, and well shaded. I'm not sure I would do this again.

Fri May 05 2017

Nice easy trail without a lot of people. Light on scenery but it does the trick.

Sun Apr 09 2017

What a great PARK AWESOME hike

Sat Jul 30 2016

7/30/2016 (Saturday) -- A nice, quiet walk in the woods and a calm view of the lake from a well maintained beach park with picnic tables, chairs, restroom. The loop in the woods is good from a walk of less than 1 hour. A big tree of 600 years old is an attraction.

Sun Jul 17 2016

Great hike! Nice to see an old growth forest! Pretty quiet.

Sun Dec 07 2014

It's a great little hike right in the middle of town--so easy to get to, and there wasn't anyone around.

Tue Apr 29 2014

This is such an weird trail in the middle of Kirkland. If you follow the loop, it is an easy trail. But if you go straight to the creek, it is pretty funny. Although you will end up in the middle of neighborhoods and you will have to turn back to the trail because there's simply no way to make it back to the parking lot. Oh and you will need to crisscross the creek several times if you don't go to the loop side. That was fun to me, but be aware of getting your shoes wet. I heard an owl and woodpecker, which was another joyous moment. I didn't see many people there until I came back, something not usual, but well, I was never been here before, so we'll see how it is in some other time.

Mon Sep 02 2013

Ok, it's nice. But, I just can't give it five stars for such a short trail. I've had longer walks in mall parking lot....

Fri Aug 09 2013

Not much here but it is a nice place for a stroll and a picnic.

Fri Aug 03 2012

O. O. Denny Park, named for Orion Denny (1853-1916), son of Seattle founder Arthur Denny.