O. O. Denny County Park Loop Trail

O. O. Denny County Park Loop Trail is a 0.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Kirkland, Washington that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I took my boys 5 and 9 for a hike. We decided to do the uphill part first. Trail went up and down, has beautiful views of enormous trees, Sylvia the 600 years old tree is unbelievable! My kids had a great time and even learned about where and how salmons lay eggs and saw the salmon ladder. Then we went swimming on the other side of the road. Played in the playground...a great day! Highly recommended for a short (45 min) moderately challenging and gorgeous walk.

Took my kiddos, 6 and 8, out for a little stroll and to get them out for a small hike before we did more over the summer. This is a nice walk. I always choose to start on the opposite end of the loop and do all of the uphill first. There are some spots along the path that are muddy and slick so watch your step. The walk along Denny Creek is nice but not as impressive as many others. It does the trick though and is still a pretty walk through 2nd growth forest. After the hike we went across the street and enjoyed the park and the views along Lake Washington.

This trail is rated as easy, but for someone out of shape (like myself), it was much harder. The last half of the trail is all uphill and many parts of it were covered in mud. This is not accessible to wheelchair bound or other disabled folks (I had been told that it was). It was, however, quiet, not very trafficked, and well shaded. I'm not sure I would do this again.

Nice easy trail without a lot of people. Light on scenery but it does the trick.

What a great PARK AWESOME hike

Sunday, September 04, 2016

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Monday, August 01, 2016

Saturday, July 30, 2016

7/30/2016 (Saturday) -- A nice, quiet walk in the woods and a calm view of the lake from a well maintained beach park with picnic tables, chairs, restroom. The loop in the woods is good from a walk of less than 1 hour. A big tree of 600 years old is an attraction.

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Great hike! Nice to see an old growth forest! Pretty quiet.

Friday, April 15, 2016