Northrup Canyon

Northrup Canyon is a 2.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Electric City, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from October until June. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

end of September nice hike with my dogs but returned to a bee covered car ...yikes!

Who would have thought that Grant County has trees. Nice little secluded canyon with a lake at the very end of the trail. Lots of Gardner snakes at the lake. Saw a number of Bull snakes on the trail, but no rattle snakes, but I'm sure they have them in that area. Before reaching the little homestead there's nice creeks with small falls. Good easy hike until you reach the homestead. More hills and loose gravel at places on the last 2 miles before reaching the lake. The homestead is a good place to pinic.

Very hot, so take lots of water!

Be mindful of rattlesnakes! I ran the rattlesnake gauntlet, dodging them as I heard their rattle along a 10' foot bridge over a small stream! Scariest thing I have done. LOL

A wide variety of terrain. Glad we hiked it this early in the season. No rattlesnakes.

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Friday, July 29, 2016

The homestead is cool but the lake was more like a tiny pond and a bit lack luster after a hot hike.

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Sunday, April 03, 2016

My 3rd time hiking this trail. Love the old homestead, the views and the lake. However, hate the rattlesnakes!! Last time a dog with us got bitten by a snake, this time, we saw two snakes on the trail. Part of the trail before the homestead is flooded, people made a trail in the brush. This is where we saw the first snake. Be careful if you hiking in this area. After this time, we won't go back.

Sunday, May 03, 2015

Thoroughly enjoyed it. Kids even made it to the lake! Not a difficult trail and easy to follow. Will definitely be returning, this time with my fishing pole.

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Went back the next day and found the trail to the homestead. When the trail goes left or right stay left , the homestead is a easy beautiful walk . very glad I went back !

Monday, June 23, 2014

This hike was beautiful but staying on the trail was a real pain. Could not find the homestead or lake . Will need to try this hike again.