North Siouxon Creek Trail

North Siouxon Creek Trail is a 8.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Ariel, Washington that features a river. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

Very rocky uphill dirt road for about 6 miles before getting there, recommend a high sitting vehicle with good tires. other then that the drive and hike is beautiful

My husband and I went on this trail with our two dogs and four kids (6, 9, 11, and 14). It was amazing! We stayed at the falls and played for about 45 min before heading back. The steep downhills were the most difficult part for the kids, but they managed just fine. It took us 2.5 hours to get to the falls, but we took our time. Our dogs managed the trail, even log bridges and obstacles, easily. I HIGHLY recommend this trail! (It would be nice if the trail had markings at the points the trail forks. We stayed to the right and it worked out, but we always looked at each other until one of the boys would announce that I had gotten us lost. Have fun!

Awesome trail, trailhead well marked. Great place to put your feet in the water along the way. The falls at the end are most definitely worth the hike. The log crossings are easy and well maintained.

This is a fantastic hike! I enjoy that most of the hike is shaded under the trees. We went on a beautiful Sundat afternoon and only passed one couple the entire hike. Great hike for dogs and the waterfall at the end is worth it. My only complaint is the lack of signage on the drive there. There are several forks in the road which leave you guessing Left or Right? The mile posts on the hike are also barely visable.

Monday, May 15, 2017
N. Siouxon creek trail.
10.5 miles in & out

Not for children due to many water crossings upon tree trunks and decaying bridges. However, there were signs that WTA was working hard to replace some crossings and debri clearing.

Animal signs: Elk dropping and what appeared to be either a large cat dropping.

I went last weekend. I think it is a pretty hike. Due to the wet winter and wet spring the water levels are higher making for muddy trails right now. But if you have good hiking boots on you'll be just fine. I got some amazing pictures! ⛰

Friday, August 12, 2016

hell yeah

Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Great full day trek! Not for the faint of heart.

Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Here's what you can expect: The drive up is rough; if your car has a ground clearance of less than 5", plan for at least an extra 30-45 minutes of driving because you'll be crawling up. It's graveled, but with massive rocks that will tear up the bottom of your car. Even then, still worth it. The first 1.5 miles in aren't well maintained anymore, so there are some sticklers hanging out into the narrow path. They're super easy to get over and around, though. Almost 2 miles in you'll pass your first of many creek crossings. They're all pretty easy to cross, but if you aren't steady of foot it's wise to bring some poles with you. At this point the trail opens up and becomes better maintained, and a bit more even. Almost 3 miles in you'll come upon some sweeping views, then back into the lush forest. The ground is carpeted with thick moss the rest of the way in, giving your joints a nice break. You'll cross a few bridges, then at just past 5 miles in you'll come upon Black Hole Falls, feeding into the creek. It's quite majestic. Then, back to the parking lot. The whole hike goes by really quickly and is actually pretty easy considering the length. Since it's a variable up/down, you get a great workout without being too beat down at any given point. And since it's not a very popular spot, you're unlikely to pass many, if any, other hikers. Nice and quiet. I wouldn't rate this hike as difficult, not even cautiously. It's beautiful, you get a variety of views, and there are nice little critters (like salamanders) running around. I can't recommend it enough!

Friday, May 30, 2014

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Good hike. Very good workout with a beautifully waterfall.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Easy gradient and great scenery

Monday, May 21, 2012

Nice little hike after tired of the Gorge and still waiting for the snow to melt in the mountains. The trail was in great shape, and there was a splattering of wild flowers. The rocks in the ford at 3.7 miles were quite slippery, but doable. I'm a hiker, but this looks like a fun place for mountain bikers.