Learn more

Lake Washington North, Beach and Seminary Trail Loop

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(162)
Saint Edward State Park

Lake Washington North, Beach and Seminary Trail Loop is a 1.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Kenmore, Washington that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, running, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.7 miles Elevation Gain: 357 feet Route Type: Loop

Discover Pass required at Saint Edward SP.

A bit muddy in spots but nice forest loop hike with a few semi-beaches at the end.

A fun little hike with my kids. Trail was decently busy around midday, but everyone was friendly. There’s a nice little beach at about the halfway point that’s great for lunch.

Muddy in some areas but overall great conditions today.

Beautiful trail through the woods and by the water. Perfect with my dog on a leash

Nice little hike. Liked the views by the water

I recommend this hike if you are looking for a family friendly hike. My kids loved the water views and we took breaks along the way to really enjoy the nature!

Went the wrong way by the beach and ended up going most of the full loop. Much steeper ascent but great trail.

Great hike for beginners like me! Beautiful trail along the lake.

Perfect starter hike for a kiddo. My 3 year walked the entire way and was rewarded by both the beach stop and playground stop.

Tue Apr 16 2019

"my local souls place to be"

Mon Mar 11 2019

Great trail, especially for so close in. People very unfriendly though.

Sat Mar 09 2019

Great local trail with a nice reward of a view of lake WA as a part of most loops. Bring a blanket and some snacks if you want to take in the view around sunset.

Wed Jan 16 2019

Beautiful trail, peaceful surroundings and a beach at the bottom. I can't wait to come back in summer.

Mon Nov 26 2018

Took my 9 year old on this with me and we had a good time. The trees were so pretty with all their fall colors, he liked skipping rocks when we got down to the water. Going back up the seminary hill I got breathy and felt like I was doing work, it was a good blend of easy walking with hiking. I also really love that this is so close to our house, I’m so used to driving out to north bend or the pass for hikes. Will definitely be back.

Sat Nov 03 2018

Wish it had more lookouts but it was the perfect hike for me, my mom and best furry friend!

Fri Sep 14 2018

We did it mid morning after a rainy night. Could see where the gravel had washed down the trail but no muddy areas. North trail is more natural where as the seminar portion seems to be more or less a narrow road. Pleasant walk. Will try other trails up instead of seminary portion. It was 1.7 mi. 371’ elevation.

Fri Jul 13 2018

We went the opposite direction - seminary to beach to north. This was a nice little loop. Great shade for a summer evening. I would say it's on the hard side of easy or easy side of moderate because of some of the inclines, but I had my active 3 year old with me, and he made it all the way through with a few short breaks.

Thu Apr 26 2018

Beautiful trail and convenient to city living. But it’s not all easy if you have knee problems.

Fri Apr 13 2018

Fun and easy. great views

Wed Mar 21 2018

Part of the trail is basically a gravel road. Prefer a wooded trail.

Wed Jan 24 2018

Beautiful and easy! Have been doing this over and over cause it’s short and good doggie exercise

Mon Jan 15 2018

Beautiful trail, especially for being in the suburbs. Walk it with my dog when I don't feel like driving to the mountains.