Learn more

Nolte State Park Deep Lake is a 1.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Enumclaw, Washington and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and fishing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.4 miles Elevation Gain: 52 feet Route Type: Loop

what a great nature walk. stroller friendly. beautiful views. lots of branches and tables. playground. lots of birds and snakes.

Easy trail. Good for kids. Bring a picnic.

Partly paved mostly gravel and well kept

Walked the dogs around the lake. easy trail.

Pretty easy

Beautiful autumn walk with my dog.

Fun short hike with the grandson. Pretty autumn colors. 10/20

It is not a bad little trail just to get out and walk around especially in autumn with all the fall colors. the trail is easy and is well kept. There are a couple of hills but is very manageable.

GORGEOUS! The most beautiful hike I’ve been on throughout my state park checklist. Easy hike with very very minimal elevation. Lots of short routes off the main trail to access the water. Also spotted an otter floating around! Will come again to see all the beautiful foliage and dog hikers galore.

Excellent condition and likely handicapped accessible

A great loop trail to include kids or dogs. Moderately traveled, it provides the right balance of seclution and visibility (safety). Rocky trail is a little bumpy for standard strollers but any with pneumatic wheels should be fine.

Did this a couple weeks ago with my 2 year old daughter. She enjoyed the playground. Nice views of the lake.

Nice flat walk. Do it forward then backward for a good walk. You hear road noise for at least half of the walk. Warning...they out driveway gravel all along this trail. This is tough on the pups feet, bring booties if you have them. I don’t and I felt so bad for taking my dog here. But overall great place to walk while your partner fishes

park doesnt open till 8am . came a little early , still cleaning bathrooms .. otherwise a great little run for a sunday

A hidden gem! A wonderful easy/walk hike with beautiful views. Well maintained path and nice facilities. Perfect for families with you younger kids. Great picnic spots and fun play structure. .

pros: * lots of parking * kid and dog friendly * short trail cons: * need park pass * pack and out visit may 2019

This is one of my go to hikes after work.. nice clear trail with several little trails down to the lake that offer incredible views.

Thu Feb 21 2019

On 2/11 snowshoed the loop from a local friend's home. Compact snow with a few other tracks including cross-country skiis. No blowdowns

Sun Dec 23 2018

If you like to measure how far you go without electronics, this is nice bc it tells you the distance of the loop. It is definitely popular, though. It’s December 22nd, and I ran into at least 8 other human beings in the 17 minutes it took me to round the loop. Very green with cool bridges and little offshoot trails and picnic tables.

Wed Sep 19 2018

Fun little family jaunt.

Sun Sep 02 2018

Nice little hike that stays pretty level. Found a little tucked away spot to let the dog play in the water.

Mon Aug 06 2018

well maintained, easy walk. bugs are bad in the evening.

Wed Jul 25 2018

Trail is a nice loop, walked it with my dog. All dogs I came across were on leash. Park and restrooms are clean. Nice playground. Lake is good for fishing, paddle boarding and floating but too gross for swimming or wading.

Mon Jul 02 2018

It was a great place to do some laps when you want to be out in nature and chat while walking with a friend. We got some miles in with great scenery.

Thu May 31 2018

This park is not to bad. The facilities were clean, and I caught a decent 14" stocked rainbow trout here as my wife made her way around the lake. Once she was done I joined her on the mile hike aound the lake. if I had to nit pick I would have to say there are more bees than I care for, and you do run into people fairly often... even early in the morning.

Tue Mar 06 2018

Love this trail but as the weather is improving so is the traffic. It's easy enough my 6 year old can do it with ease yet we still feel like we're getting a workout while enjoying a nicely maintained path. The restrooms are also nicely maintained. Definitely recommend if you're looking for a basic trail.

Fri Feb 16 2018

Nice gravel trail around entire lake. State Park Discover Pass needed.

Sat Feb 10 2018

Well maintained trail with beautiful views of the lake from time to time. Saw about 15 people during the walk on a weekday afternoon.

Fri Jan 19 2018

Easy enjoyable walk.Dog friendly, nice play area for kids. Dock for fishing.

Tue Dec 05 2017

Easy walking/jogging trail around a pretty lake. Nice park with picnic areas, fishing and play area for the kids.