Nolte State Park Deep Lake

Nolte State Park Deep Lake is a 1.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Enumclaw, Washington and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and fishing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

(Mostly fishing. No camping)Nolte State Park Deep Lake is a 1.5 mile loop trail located near Enumclaw, Washington. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for fishing, hiking, trail running & walking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This park is not to bad. The facilities were clean, and I caught a decent 14" stocked rainbow trout here as my wife made her way around the lake. Once she was done I joined her on the mile hike aound the lake. if I had to nit pick I would have to say there are more bees than I care for, and you do run into people fairly often... even early in the morning.

Love this trail but as the weather is improving so is the traffic. It's easy enough my 6 year old can do it with ease yet we still feel like we're getting a workout while enjoying a nicely maintained path. The restrooms are also nicely maintained. Definitely recommend if you're looking for a basic trail.

Nice gravel trail around entire lake. State Park Discover Pass needed.

Well maintained trail with beautiful views of the lake from time to time. Saw about 15 people during the walk on a weekday afternoon.

Easy enjoyable walk.Dog friendly, nice play area for kids. Dock for fishing.

Easy walking/jogging trail around a pretty lake. Nice park with picnic areas, fishing and play area for the kids.

nice easy hike for a six year old and his momma

nice walking or running trail. wouldn't call it a hike though.

First time at this park. Went on a Saturday late afternoon, so it wasn’t busy at all. Beautiful walk, but definitely not a hike. Trail was very well maintained! Lots of spots for picnicking. Bathroom facilities were very clean. Walked around lake twice to get in a little over 2.5 miles.

Great family hike.

Nice trail walk, not strenuous. Beautiful view. Great place for whole family to enjoy picnics, fishing, floating on lake.

Beautiful quiet walk

very peaceful walk, enjoyed the late evening sunset.

Nice, wide trail. Gentle hike with only on true incline. Easy for kids. At 1.5 miles it is a quick hike!

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Our family walks, and runs this trail. We've had both of our dogs out, and brought young guests to walk the trail too. Simple, family friendly,; there are bathrooms available at the beach area. It can be muddy at times but is enjoyable year round. a good, short, solid trail to return to time and time again. We walk this trail often.

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Went a couple weeks ago and saw no one on the trail! Was really beautiful but since I was alone with 2 kids I will definitely take pepper spray next time(just in case). Overall a great find though!

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Lovely light stroll. Super easy to manage. Loved the family who hid Easter eggs along the path for several young kids to explore and find. Was rather windy today, but ears covered and temp. made for ideal steady walk.

Monday, April 10, 2017

Great trail for kids

Wednesday, March 01, 2017

Grew up going here as a kid. My favorite time to enjoy the trail is in the fall. Close to home and a perfect trail for a quick workout and some fresh air.

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

super easy trail, took my time and did the whole trail in 25 minutes!

Friday, November 25, 2016

Fun for trail run or walking with young kids.

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

While the trailhead is covered in a sludgy mess of decaying leaves typical for this time of year, this trail is an excellent year round 1.4 mile loop around Deep Lake! :-)

Sunday, September 04, 2016

It's not hard hiking (more of a stroll)--but if you have kids there is nothing better!! It's always well kept up, wide, the path goers are all really friendly, and it is gorgeous!

Friday, July 15, 2016

Easy walk with kids and dog! Beautiful area.

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

The lakes beautiful. I couldn't really call this 'hiking' cause the short distance combined with it being flat makes this short and sweet. However I liked the walk around it but it's one of those places (for me) that I probably won't go back to after seeing it once. This place would be perfect for a picnic/running spot. Great photo opportunities at both sunrise and sunset.

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Hiked this with a 2 year old, a 5 year old, and a 1 year old Saint Bernard. It was a really easy hike, perfect for the kids. After the shirt hike, we stopped off at the beach front for the lake and let our saint take a quick dip to cool off. Great little hike for a young family.
One downside though: parking was $10 (or $30 for a "discovery pass"). A little steep for a 2+ hour trek.

Sunday, July 07, 2013

Pleasant, easy walk around the lake. Great for entire family!

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Nice, simple hike. Easy to get to. My wife and I were there on a 70 degree day and there was absolutely no crowd. There are plenty of BBQs at Nolte State Park so bring some burgers for after the hike

Monday, January 21, 2013

I absolutly love this trail, this is one of my favorite go to running trails. Its a 1.4 mile loop. Its mostly flat with a few small hills. there are usually a few people always out there, but it doesn't get too crowded.

Friday, October 05, 2012

Nice walk around the lake. Took my dog and with the help of a long lead, allowed him to go into the late.