Nisqually Vista Trail

Nisqually Vista Trail is a 0.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Paradise Inn, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and snowshoeing and is best used from June until October.

Distance: 0.9 miles Elevation Gain: 164 feet Route Type: Loop

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

paved

Beautiful views of Nisqually Glacier wth a short walk from Paradise VC.

We were lucky in that the sky was relatively clear over the peak of The Mountain- To say the views from the trail were compelling understates the grandeur that was in front of us .

Easy one. But the flowers in the summer are so amazing. Don’t miss it. Perfect for family hiking with kids.

Amazing views. A bit hilly

Beautiful! Recommend going counter clockwise, very crowded but expected.

Me and my wife hiked this in July. Hard to call this a hike since it is all paved. This is an easy short walk to see Mt Rainier when time is limited. Way too many people. Do NOT do this on a weekend. To all those that cannot read signs or follow rules, shame on you. People, stay on the trail. Stop trampling down the vegetation. The park is not there just for you. I wish there were more rangers that could fine the ignorant people. They would make a fortune.

I would recommend this hike to anyone entering the Paradise area on the first day. The views were nice and there is some elevation change to acclimate you to the altitude.

Nice if you just want to walk on a paved pathway through some trees to a view point. I would not consider this a hike! This was my first one after having a baby 3 weeks ago and honestly it wore me out! I’d say the level is more between easy and medium. The incline is low in numbers but you spend your time going straight up and straight down.

Fun

There was a snowfall a few days before we hiked, so we decided to do this one on snowshoes. It was an easy hike even carrying kid carriers. The views were great and the snow kept the crowds away. We rented our snow shoes in Ashford before coming into the park. A great option in the snow.

The park ranger said 9” of snow fell the day before our hike. I had my wife and three small children (all 3 and under) with me, so we didn’t make it too far, but it definitely seems like it would’ve been doable solo. We got a great view of the mountain even though we didn’t make it very far.

The trail is covered in snow but has a boot path. Not a loop currently - get to the overlook and go back. Kind of hard with the conditions and no snow shoes.

As of May 26 the trail is still under snow. Ok for snowshoeing, not ready for hiking.

Hike on Memorial Day weekend. The trail was covered by snow from the trail head. In winter the trail isn’t marked, but path finding is pretty easy. It’s not an avalanche area so there weren’t too many concerns. Unfortunately it was kinda foggy and we didn’t see the summit of rainier (did see glaciers and its beautiful color!). However, in a good day I could imagine the view would be stunning. Despite that, exploring the snowy playground freely was still awesome. Doable without snowshoe (met many didn’t wear ones), but highly recommend rent a pair from the visitor center.

Rented snowshoe for this trail.

snowshoed on 3/26/19. i highly recommend this trail. my experience was beyond words. the views were very impactful. recently realized alltrails can be used in airplane mode. very helpful for keeping the battery and knowing where you are. the trail is marked with poles a little different than this map so checking our location was helpful. you can stop at the museum in longmire on the way up and pick up a free close-up map of the trails in paradise, this map has avalanche danger zones and shows which way the avalanches fall. this particular trail is not in an avalanche danger zone so it is a safer trail for this time of year. make sure you bring chains (required), check to make sure the gate is open in the morning, and plan to leave before the gate closes. road/gate info available on the mt. rainier website.

My wife and I snow shoed this trail today. It was wonderful. The trail is well marked, the views were breathtaking, and it was not crowded. Be sure to bring tire chains for your vehicle. You may not need them, but the national park requires them.

Nice easy loop trail with amazing views of Mt Rainier! We went in the beginning of October so the fall foliage was spectacular. We saw some deer that were really chill (they sat by the trail and watched us as we started the trail and they were there still at the end of the loop). It was cold and windy however so bundle up! Even the drive to the trail alone made it worth it. We stopped at a cute little restaurant and the base of the mountain that had amazing food.

Easy snowshoeing trail with great reward.

Great little path! We got to the park late in the afternoon and wanted to do something easy/quick, yet get some cool sights of Mount Rainier. This was a super easy, paved path that had such vivid flowers/trees changing colors for fall, and awesome views of the mountain towards the middle.

Hiked this trail September 20th, 2018. Easy trail with great Washington Scenery. I got there very early about 6:30-7am and there was a lot of fog. Ran into lots of doe and had to step off the paved trail to allow 2 bucks to walk by me. If you are there early watch out for the mule deer because they blend right in. I turned a corner and there was a buck about 4 feet from me right on the side of the trail. The fogginess prevented me from getting any good views at the overlooks so try to go for a clear day. I was passing through so I thought I would stop and hike for a few hours

Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Was great! Paved trail. Worth the trip just for the pics!! Excellent photo and selfie ops for the whole family. A definite must if casually passing through the park. Hardly any wildflowers yet but there will be soon. Carry sticks and possibly spikes if coming from visitor center area. Still snow on the trail and it’s melting and slippery.

Monday, July 16, 2018

Hiked this on 11 Jul. Great trail, paved and easy. Great views. Snow still covering the trail bring poles if you're a beginner just in case.

Sunday, July 08, 2018

Hiked today at Paradise and chose this and others trails for the views, which were spectacular. Part of this trail is still covered in enough snow that it makes it difficult if you don’t have poles or the right boots. It was also a little icy in spots.

Monday, May 28, 2018

Stone steps just starting to break through the snow led to the beginning of the trail being somewhat treacherous and those with poles had a definite advantage. Once up on the trail, the packed snow was OK to walk on, but there are pockets of wetter softer snow that you can easily sink into and twist an ankle if you're not careful. Great views, and looking forward to returning in maybe a month or so when the snow should have departed and the flowers may have arrived.

Monday, February 19, 2018

Hiked in the spring with wild flowers blooming. Gorgeous and easy to navigate

Sunday, February 04, 2018

Did it in 3min snow. Love It

Thursday, January 25, 2018

A pleasant enough walk with some nice views, perfect if you only have an hour or so. If you have more time, definitely head out onto one of the longer hikes though.

Friday, January 12, 2018

Simply beautiful!

Thursday, October 26, 2017

Being from NY, with a little bit of hiking done in the upstate region, this trail was my introduction to Mount Rainier Park. It was perfect. Snow was covering the ground, so if you have micro spikes, it’s best if you bring them! The views of the mountain was breathtaking and it was good loop for beginners. Yay!