Nisqually Vista Trail

Nisqually Vista Trail is a 0.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Paradise Inn, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and snowshoeing and is best used from June until October.

Distance: 0.9 miles Elevation Gain: 164 feet Route Type: Loop

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

paved

Beautiful views of Nisqually Glacier wth a short walk from Paradise VC.

Great trail - I came on 12/1/2019 and the trail was completely snow out. Make sure to have the right gear. Beautiful view all around. As a beginner hiker this hike was due-able.

This is a short paved trail. Fair bit of snow, but nothing needed outside of hiking boots. Was really foggy, so no views, but nice winter-wonderland feeling.

icy

Beautiful close view of the mountain. Plenty of snow.

Easy, gradually inclined hike with a couple tougher hills. Stunning views, deer and chippermunks

icy

This is must do trail. This has a lot better views and extremely less crowded. I visited close to the sunset and I met barely anybody on the hike. It is a short paved hike. It has become a bit slippery because of snow and ice. Nothing too bad. The clear views of the glacier and the facade of mt. Rainier are extremely beautiful.

We were lucky in that the sky was relatively clear over the peak of The Mountain- To say the views from the trail were compelling understates the grandeur that was in front of us .

Easy one. But the flowers in the summer are so amazing. Don’t miss it. Perfect for family hiking with kids.

Amazing views. A bit hilly

Beautiful! Recommend going counter clockwise, very crowded but expected.

Me and my wife hiked this in July. Hard to call this a hike since it is all paved. This is an easy short walk to see Mt Rainier when time is limited. Way too many people. Do NOT do this on a weekend. To all those that cannot read signs or follow rules, shame on you. People, stay on the trail. Stop trampling down the vegetation. The park is not there just for you. I wish there were more rangers that could fine the ignorant people. They would make a fortune.

Easy, paved walking trail that gives you a glimpse of the views you could get if you went on a much longer hike. Great for older folks that don't need an few hour workout, but want to look around a bit.

I would recommend this hike to anyone entering the Paradise area on the first day. The views were nice and there is some elevation change to acclimate you to the altitude.

Nice if you just want to walk on a paved pathway through some trees to a view point. I would not consider this a hike! This was my first one after having a baby 3 weeks ago and honestly it wore me out! I’d say the level is more between easy and medium. The incline is low in numbers but you spend your time going straight up and straight down.

Fun

There was a snowfall a few days before we hiked, so we decided to do this one on snowshoes. It was an easy hike even carrying kid carriers. The views were great and the snow kept the crowds away. We rented our snow shoes in Ashford before coming into the park. A great option in the snow.

The park ranger said 9” of snow fell the day before our hike. I had my wife and three small children (all 3 and under) with me, so we didn’t make it too far, but it definitely seems like it would’ve been doable solo. We got a great view of the mountain even though we didn’t make it very far.

The trail is covered in snow but has a boot path. Not a loop currently - get to the overlook and go back. Kind of hard with the conditions and no snow shoes.

As of May 26 the trail is still under snow. Ok for snowshoeing, not ready for hiking.

Hike on Memorial Day weekend. The trail was covered by snow from the trail head. In winter the trail isn’t marked, but path finding is pretty easy. It’s not an avalanche area so there weren’t too many concerns. Unfortunately it was kinda foggy and we didn’t see the summit of rainier (did see glaciers and its beautiful color!). However, in a good day I could imagine the view would be stunning. Despite that, exploring the snowy playground freely was still awesome. Doable without snowshoe (met many didn’t wear ones), but highly recommend rent a pair from the visitor center.

Rented snowshoe for this trail.

snowshoed on 3/26/19. i highly recommend this trail. my experience was beyond words. the views were very impactful. recently realized alltrails can be used in airplane mode. very helpful for keeping the battery and knowing where you are. the trail is marked with poles a little different than this map so checking our location was helpful. you can stop at the museum in longmire on the way up and pick up a free close-up map of the trails in paradise, this map has avalanche danger zones and shows which way the avalanches fall. this particular trail is not in an avalanche danger zone so it is a safer trail for this time of year. make sure you bring chains (required), check to make sure the gate is open in the morning, and plan to leave before the gate closes. road/gate info available on the mt. rainier website.

My wife and I snow shoed this trail today. It was wonderful. The trail is well marked, the views were breathtaking, and it was not crowded. Be sure to bring tire chains for your vehicle. You may not need them, but the national park requires them.

Nice easy loop trail with amazing views of Mt Rainier! We went in the beginning of October so the fall foliage was spectacular. We saw some deer that were really chill (they sat by the trail and watched us as we started the trail and they were there still at the end of the loop). It was cold and windy however so bundle up! Even the drive to the trail alone made it worth it. We stopped at a cute little restaurant and the base of the mountain that had amazing food.

Easy snowshoeing trail with great reward.

Sun Sep 30 2018

Great little path! We got to the park late in the afternoon and wanted to do something easy/quick, yet get some cool sights of Mount Rainier. This was a super easy, paved path that had such vivid flowers/trees changing colors for fall, and awesome views of the mountain towards the middle.