Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Trail

Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Trail is a 4.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Olympia, Washington that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

From Seattle, S on I-5 to exit 114. Right on Brown Farm Road to trailhead.

I really enjoyed doing this trail definitely empty your bladders before heading out and there is a portable potty out the as well as facilities to use the restroom. so much beauty surrounding you

Love it here! Go early to avoid loud families that scare off the wildlife.

Always have a wonderful walk here .

Lots of photo opportunities! Gorgeous views and a nice Visitor Center/ Gift shop

Great local hike with no elevation and good views of the Nisqually River delta. Lots of birds and blackberries.

love it it's good for the kids and very interesting wild life

Nice easy walk. Good overlook of the Nisqually river. Completed the entire walk with 4 kids the youngest one is 10 so it's definitely an easy walk. If you look you can watch Bald Eagles flying around. The trails were clean and maintained.

The loons, Henry. The loons. Great walk. The only thing I would do differently is maybe wear lighter shoes. Danner boots were definitely overkill.

Great for the family.

Super easy walk. My kids didn’t complain. Went during low tide but we still enjoyed it and the nice weather. Will go back during high tide like others suggested.

Peaceful, saw duck family, lots of small birds but no eagles or herons today. we saw some seals and then on the way back a river otter. The frogs were calling out to my friend.

I love this place.

since its nearby its a regular spot to get out. easy for my wife to walk having a knee replacement. wife and grandaughters would like to see a porta potty at the mudflats board walk, its a long eay back to the barns or trail head.

Love this place!

Our family visited this trail on a cold sunny day (Early March) and were not disappointed! The youngest member of our crew (toddler range) had no problem completing the 4 mile trail as we took our time along the way. This trail begins as a wide gravel path that leads to a well maintained boardwalk. I would without hesitation bring grandparents and those who struggle with mobility to this trail as it is mostly flat, has wide safe paths, and is easily navigated as a group. The main shop offers free binoculars rentals which is a MUST as you are surrounded by birds and other wildlife.

Love this place! Easy to walk, pretty out there! Quiet also nice for photos!

Very enjoyable walk. Easy for all levels.

Great stroller adventure. it's always nice being outside with the baby and not strapping them to your back!

Although it was busy, it was still a very nice trail. I seen lots of wildlife.

longest boardwalk ever. Bring binoculars and look for eagles! cool trail. lots of traffic on trail.

Nice leveled trail, staff was friendly and very informative, see more birds & other wildlife than expected. Amazed how kind and sharing others were while walking the trails / boardwalk.

Really lovely walk. Tons of birds to see.

Thursday, September 07, 2017

If I lived in the area, I would do this walk every day! The only thing is that no dogs are allowed. Its a beautiful walk, much of it on a raised boardwalk. Flat and simple. Gorgeous views. We saw so many birds (including bald eagles), frogs, dragonflies, etc. And Mount Rainer popped out about half way through.

Monday, September 04, 2017

This was a very easy, walk in the park. The walkways were simple, but I gleaned some breathtaking views, especially at sunset. I'll be going back. Though I have service dogs, this trail is not dogfriendly. You'll want to take your pooch elsewhere.

Saturday, September 02, 2017

A fun trail. Beautiful views of Olympics, Tacoma Narrows Bridge, Mt. Rainier. Lots of birds. Flat trail, easy for my 5 year-old.

Thursday, August 31, 2017

One of my favorite places to walk and observe nature. You MUST go when the tide is in though to fully appreciate it.

Sunday, August 27, 2017

easy for all ages. nothing very exciting.

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

good places to take the kids

Sunday, August 20, 2017

No running, No biking. No jogging.

Easy, there's a choice of dock trail or ( dirt trail)
Which husband and I walked the dock, and then took the dirt trail on the way back..

I believe there should be (specific set time for the park closing) the rule mentions the gate will close at "sunset" bummer because hubby and I decided we'd go for a walk and try and catch a sunset view. Arrived at 6:05 and left by 8:15pm.

Beautiful scenery.

Wild life=bunnies, lots of birds, bald eagles, and weasels.