Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Trail

Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Trail is a 4.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Olympia, Washington that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

From Seattle, S on I-5 to exit 114. Right on Brown Farm Road to trailhead.

Although it was busy, it was still a very nice trail. I seen lots of wildlife.

longest boardwalk ever. Bring binoculars and look for eagles! cool trail. lots of traffic on trail.

Nice leveled trail, staff was friendly and very informative, see more birds & other wildlife than expected. Amazed how kind and sharing others were while walking the trails / boardwalk.

Really lovely walk. Tons of birds to see.

If I lived in the area, I would do this walk every day! The only thing is that no dogs are allowed. Its a beautiful walk, much of it on a raised boardwalk. Flat and simple. Gorgeous views. We saw so many birds (including bald eagles), frogs, dragonflies, etc. And Mount Rainer popped out about half way through.

This was a very easy, walk in the park. The walkways were simple, but I gleaned some breathtaking views, especially at sunset. I'll be going back. Though I have service dogs, this trail is not dogfriendly. You'll want to take your pooch elsewhere.

A fun trail. Beautiful views of Olympics, Tacoma Narrows Bridge, Mt. Rainier. Lots of birds. Flat trail, easy for my 5 year-old.

One of my favorite places to walk and observe nature. You MUST go when the tide is in though to fully appreciate it.

easy for all ages. nothing very exciting.