Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Trail

Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Trail is a 4.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Olympia, Washington that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

From Seattle, S on I-5 to exit 114. Right on Brown Farm Road to trailhead.

Peaceful, saw duck family, lots of small birds but no eagles or herons today. we saw some seals and then on the way back a river otter. The frogs were calling out to my friend.

I love this place.

since its nearby its a regular spot to get out. easy for my wife to walk having a knee replacement. wife and grandaughters would like to see a porta potty at the mudflats board walk, its a long eay back to the barns or trail head.

Love this place!

Our family visited this trail on a cold sunny day (Early March) and were not disappointed! The youngest member of our crew (toddler range) had no problem completing the 4 mile trail as we took our time along the way. This trail begins as a wide gravel path that leads to a well maintained boardwalk. I would without hesitation bring grandparents and those who struggle with mobility to this trail as it is mostly flat, has wide safe paths, and is easily navigated as a group. The main shop offers free binoculars rentals which is a MUST as you are surrounded by birds and other wildlife.

Love this place! Easy to walk, pretty out there! Quiet also nice for photos!

Very enjoyable walk. Easy for all levels.

Great stroller adventure. it's always nice being outside with the baby and not strapping them to your back!

Although it was busy, it was still a very nice trail. I seen lots of wildlife.

longest boardwalk ever. Bring binoculars and look for eagles! cool trail. lots of traffic on trail.

Nice leveled trail, staff was friendly and very informative, see more birds & other wildlife than expected. Amazed how kind and sharing others were while walking the trails / boardwalk.

Really lovely walk. Tons of birds to see.

If I lived in the area, I would do this walk every day! The only thing is that no dogs are allowed. Its a beautiful walk, much of it on a raised boardwalk. Flat and simple. Gorgeous views. We saw so many birds (including bald eagles), frogs, dragonflies, etc. And Mount Rainer popped out about half way through.

This was a very easy, walk in the park. The walkways were simple, but I gleaned some breathtaking views, especially at sunset. I'll be going back. Though I have service dogs, this trail is not dogfriendly. You'll want to take your pooch elsewhere.

A fun trail. Beautiful views of Olympics, Tacoma Narrows Bridge, Mt. Rainier. Lots of birds. Flat trail, easy for my 5 year-old.

One of my favorite places to walk and observe nature. You MUST go when the tide is in though to fully appreciate it.

easy for all ages. nothing very exciting.

good places to take the kids

No running, No biking. No jogging.

Easy, there's a choice of dock trail or ( dirt trail)
Which husband and I walked the dock, and then took the dirt trail on the way back..

I believe there should be (specific set time for the park closing) the rule mentions the gate will close at "sunset" bummer because hubby and I decided we'd go for a walk and try and catch a sunset view. Arrived at 6:05 and left by 8:15pm.

Beautiful scenery.

Wild life=bunnies, lots of birds, bald eagles, and weasels.

Very nice, tranquil walk. A lot of wildlife.

Very nice, lots of birds and history. Had some excitement with large numbers of Cormorants, terns, and herons all going after a school of small fish.This NWR does not allow running or jogging on the trails.

I have been a couple times, I had the best time in spring while it was a little rainy with little people but many birds :) if you go during the heat of the day during summer its just a long miserable walk in the sun.

Seriously gorgeous❤️️

We love this trail! Very easy walk for kids and strollers, TONS of wildlife and flowers

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Great for kids, quick and easy.

Thursday, June 08, 2017

Love this path. Great for wildlife viewing and easy for young ones. Always well maintained.

Saturday, June 03, 2017

Quite boring, compared to the diverse nature of all the other places around in the Olympic national park...

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Great outing with your family! I wish I could go running her but it is not allowed. Long gravelly path to the main part but the rest is wood. It is flat and perfect for all ages. There are multiple viewpoints with shade throughout the walk and the views are great!

Monday, May 29, 2017

Beautiful trail, but no bikes or running allowed. I went with the intent to run, but was welcomed with a "No jogging" sign.

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Beautiful views and friendly volunteers! An amazing walk all year round