Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Trail

Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Trail is a 4.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Olympia, Washington that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

From Seattle, S on I-5 to exit 114. Right on Brown Farm Road to trailhead.

5 minutes ago

Great for kids, quick and easy.

Love this path. Great for wildlife viewing and easy for young ones. Always well maintained.

Quite boring, compared to the diverse nature of all the other places around in the Olympic national park...

Great outing with your family! I wish I could go running her but it is not allowed. Long gravelly path to the main part but the rest is wood. It is flat and perfect for all ages. There are multiple viewpoints with shade throughout the walk and the views are great!

Beautiful trail, but no bikes or running allowed. I went with the intent to run, but was welcomed with a "No jogging" sign.

Beautiful views and friendly volunteers! An amazing walk all year round

This is our favorite spot near the Olympia/Lacey area. We enjoy watching the wildlife and scenery dramatically change seasonally. Go on a weekday to avoid crowds. I've seen horned owls, bald eagles, hawks, cranes, otters, mink, muskrat, rabbits, and a variety of waterfowl and songbirds. Easy, well marked gravel and boardwalk trails that you can make as short or long as you want. Great for picnics and kids too. No dogs allowed, however. A one day fee is approx $4 for a family or $15 annual pass (which I use regularly).

I walk this several times a week! It is absolutely beautiful. You will not be disappointed. Keep in mind, this is for walking! If you're looking to hike this won't be the place for you. Try to go during high tide, it is absolutely stunning!

If you are 75 years old and need a 4 or 5 miles walk without an elevation gain of more than 1 foot per mile then this is the hike for you! Otherwise it is an anticlimactic walk and exercise routine without music. There are plenty of birds and tourists wearing more cameras than one could expect at Disney world. I'll stay away. Not for me for sure.

Saw more than I thought I would.

I loved the boardwalk. It was a nice day, I have to go back when it's high tide.