Nestor Peak Trail

Nestor Peak Trail is a 8.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near White Salmon, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Edited:
First off.. the last two miles of the road to get the trailhead are rough... starts out as gravel then turns to uneven pavement with tons of deep pot holes. Not the smartest thing I’ve done by myself in a tiny car. I actually said a prayer! Lol. Also, I am shocked this is rated as moderate. I had to remind myself a time or two that I don’t give up on things while on this one. To put it easy - it’s 4 miles of incline and then 4 miles of decline, appreciate the flat parts. Wildflowers, butterflies and a hummingbird made it worth the ass kicking.
BEWARE OF TICKS. Now that it’s been 3 days since this hike, my dog has now been to the vet - 1 tick turned to 23 ticks very quick. 28 days of antibiotics and now a preventive pills every 90. Careful with your dogs out here

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

I tend to rate low so as to use the full range of the 5-start rating system. The trail and surrounding forest are nicer than the other review implies in my opinion. Not as nice as some Gorge forests, but there is variety, moss, gnarled trees, interesting topology, some views.

Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Great view at the summit but boring as hell before that. The forest is dull, there is a lot of logging activity and the trail follows a road for awhile. Recommended for completists only.

Sunday, June 18, 2017