Nathan Chapman Memorial Trail

Nathan Chapman Memorial Trail is a 3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Puyallup, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a great trail for walking, running, biking and strollers. The main path is pathed and easy to pass others. It’s a nice stroll and we even ran into 2 young deer on the path.

Nice cool day for quick 30 minute walk

We walk here almost daily. Easy, paved trails, kids love to bike while I walk/run.

Good walk, quiet and well maintained. It was cold and a little bit of ice on the two bridges but a good day out none the less.

Nice cool day for a brisk walk

Nice cool day for a great walk. A lot of friendly people on the trail today.

Great walk to the bridge and back. Picked up one 20oz Coke bottle and the detached cap along the trail and threw them in the trash.

In the last 9 days I have lost 7lbs taking the supplements every evening that I mentioned in my previous review. I've been too busy to get out and walk or hike since starting the supplements, thats really good progress without any exercise. Doing exercise a few times a week will help lose the weight a bit quicker and improve my overall strength and stamina.

A windy day, great for walking. I was a few minutes faster then last time and not sore. Couple small pieces of garbage picked up and put in a trash can. Also picked up a few branches on the trail and threw them off into the bushes.

Found up three AAA batteries along the trail and put them in the trash. Overall the trail and park are very clean with the trash cans available. Anytime I'm out walking or hiking I'm going to have a plastic grocery bag in my pocket in case I find more trash then I want to carry with my hands. I have a couple 13 gallon trash bags in my hiking pack and will add in a few plastic grocery bags too.

Wow I am outta shape! Last year I was walking the whole trail in about 40 minutes. Today I went to the water fountain and back to the parking lot and was a few seconds shy of 50 minutes. Going to the water fountain was a bit to far, I shoulda turned around at the bridge. I might pay for it tomorrow being a bit sore, if so will rest. Will be out later this week for a bit shorter walk to build my stamina.

Cool weather and a great day for a walk. Picked up four bottle rocket sticks on the path, one with a live rocket and fuse attached. Threw them in the trash.

Took my pup here for the first time and loved it. We walked but at a guick pace the whole way. We did the circle twice. I will definitely go back

Cool and a bit rainy but a good day for a quick walk. Wow I am really outta shape.

Trail is not too far from the cities. Good pathways for wheelchairs and strollers (paved). It can get pretty crowded on nicer days. It is around swampy marsh lands/ponds and there is different routes of trails. There's a park with a playground and large field before the trail entrances. On some of the trails there is picnic tables. The walk is inside a forested area so it does feel as if you are in the woods not off the road by neighborhoods, also this provides shade. One trail leads to an elementary school.

It can get a bit crowded on a beautiful summer day but this is a hidden treasure in the south hill area. Several paved loops so you can set your own workout. Paths are mostly in the shade, there is a hard to read map at the NE corner at the end of the parking lot that can help you plan your hike. It can be a half mile or several miles if you want to go towards the sports complex. This is my favorite dog walking park but thanks to uncaring people there is some poop next to the trail even though they offer bags and trash cans. But don't let that spoil your fun just do your part and clean up.

This is a nice park locals use a lot to get in a little exercise. From the car park to Rogers HS ballfields is about a 40 min walk round trip mostly in shade. Large playfield where people play ball with their dogs, play equipment and bathrooms at parking area. I saw a deer in the woods here. It's a wide path so families can walk and talk. Accessible for strollers, wheelchairs, bikes and skateboards. Nice at sunset as there are areas open to the west to watch the sun set. Friendly people and dogs on leash.

A bit warm still a good quick walk

ok nice trail for,family's hike,bike and,walk,dog well,used

Nice paved pathway. Nice for pets and bikes.

Great, easy trail with easy access. You have to work hard to make it a good exercise Trail, IMO. We tacked on the paved path around the ball parks to make it longer.

Five star if you are with family, especially young ones, due to mild grades and loop size. Three star if you are expecting a workout on a bike. Four star average and still enjoy the convenience, scenery, safety and just being outside. On second thought, average rating is 4.5 stars but rounding up to 5 stars is against my personal rules.

nice and shaded. Great on a hot summer day!

We took our kids to this trail to hide our Puyallup Rocks! It was a nice walk on the paved trail. We will be coming out to this trail to do some running, soon. There is also the option to just enjoy the playground and the big open field with your kids or animals.

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Sunny and a bit warm. Still a great day for a walk.

Saturday, April 08, 2017

Nice day for a walk it's cool and sunny. I don't know why today's track was inaccurate for Alltrails and the S Health app. I put my phone in the right cargo pocket like I always do.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Very windy today but also helps ya stay cool while getting exercise. Rating a trail badly because of other people's bad behavior says more about the person complaining. Instead of complaining do something about it. Bring a trash bag and poker stick to clean up as you walk, bring doggy bags, or at least a small trowel to throw poop off in the bushes.

At a few other local parks I've found filled doggy bags along trails. I pick the bag up by an outside edge that didn't touch anything and chuck it off into the woods. If I have hand sanitizer on me at the time I use a drop of that on my hands or an alcohol wipe from my pocket first aid kit.

Sniveling on a website/app isn't going to change anything. Nobody likes a whiner. Quit whining and start doing. Find solutions not problems.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

this is a memorial trail dedicated to a fallen soldier. one would think that would demand a level of respect . unfortunately respect was not found here. the trails are covered in dog crap and trash . we also encountered several dogs without a leash.
very disappointing

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Was a very simple trail. Good for kids and dogs. Paved.

Friday, December 30, 2016

Cool and cloudy. Great day for a walk.

Monday, October 31, 2016

Great walk cool and wet. Very minor sprinkles toward the end. The last third or quarter of a hike, walk, run is when the real workout begins. That's when you're tired and sweaty. That's when you have to keep pushing to maintain speed or if you can go just a little bit faster. When you're tired and sweaty and want to slow down that's when you build perseverance or mental toughness to not slow down and if possible go just a little faster.

I used to be more interested in hiking than walking because hiking is usually more of a challenge with hills and other obstacles. But walking on mostly flat trails is a great way to build speed and endurance especially when you're tired. Before walking this trail regularly my average speed was about 2.5mph and a max of 3.5mph. But now that I have been walking this trail consistantly my average speed is usually 3mph and max of 5 to 5.5mph.

Even if your average speed is only 1mph try to maintain that toward the end when you're tired instead of slowing down. If you can go just one or two steps faster toward the end that is what builds stamina and endurance. When I push up the intensity and go a little faster, even if only for say 10 or 15 minutes, it may only be one or two tenths of a mile quicker but it sure increases the workout.

Regular walking, running, or hiking keeps many parts of the body strong like the neck, shoulders, back and hips. I occasionally have lower back pain esp if I find myself sleeping in a bad postition. But since I have been hiking and walking regularly my lower back pain has become very infrequent and when it happens it's not as bad. Regular walking, running and hiking is good general body conditioning for being able to do everyday stuff like yard work, house cleaning, even being able to walk through large stores without having to stop and rest. It's also good for the heart rate and strengthening the heart and lung muscles, also good if you have trouble with constipation to help keep things moving.

Increasing my endurance and speed walking mostly flat trails has made a significant improvement in endurance and strength while hiking more difficult places like Clarks Creek. Maintaining a brisk pace while hiking more difficult trails is an even more intense workout for strength training. The best part about exercising outside is it's free! No gym membership, can get your workout in anytime day or night.

Always forward! Never backward!

Friday, October 28, 2016

Great walk. A little warm should've wore shorts instead of pants.