Nathan Chapman Memorial Trail

Nathan Chapman Memorial Trail is a 3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Puyallup, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beautiful and well maintained park. little short for biking but we plan to come back with our puppy for a walk!

Beautiful. Mix of forest, wetland and open areas. Great for walking or running. Paved and wide.

A great bike ride worth more than one lap!

Great place for a walk, bike riding, and walking the dog. Clean and several trash cans for disposing of garbage. Super friendly people on the trail with clear directions posted to get around.

I love to hike steep mountains, but this trail was *perfect* for taking my toddler and small dog out for a walk in the woods. Wide path. Smooth pavement. Clean! And everyone I passed was very friendly. There are also ball fields and playgrounds on each end of the trail to give the family some variety.

This is a great trail for walking, running, biking and strollers. The main path is pathed and easy to pass others. It’s a nice stroll and we even ran into 2 young deer on the path.

Nice cool day for quick 30 minute walk

We walk here almost daily. Easy, paved trails, kids love to bike while I walk/run.

Good walk, quiet and well maintained. It was cold and a little bit of ice on the two bridges but a good day out none the less.

Nice cool day for a brisk walk

Nice cool day for a great walk. A lot of friendly people on the trail today.

Great walk to the bridge and back. Picked up one 20oz Coke bottle and the detached cap along the trail and threw them in the trash.

In the last 9 days I have lost 7lbs taking the supplements every evening that I mentioned in my previous review. I've been too busy to get out and walk or hike since starting the supplements, thats really good progress without any exercise. Doing exercise a few times a week will help lose the weight a bit quicker and improve my overall strength and stamina.

A windy day, great for walking. I was a few minutes faster then last time and not sore. Couple small pieces of garbage picked up and put in a trash can. Also picked up a few branches on the trail and threw them off into the bushes.

Found up three AAA batteries along the trail and put them in the trash. Overall the trail and park are very clean with the trash cans available. Anytime I'm out walking or hiking I'm going to have a plastic grocery bag in my pocket in case I find more trash then I want to carry with my hands. I have a couple 13 gallon trash bags in my hiking pack and will add in a few plastic grocery bags too.

Wow I am outta shape! Last year I was walking the whole trail in about 40 minutes. Today I went to the water fountain and back to the parking lot and was a few seconds shy of 50 minutes. Going to the water fountain was a bit to far, I shoulda turned around at the bridge. I might pay for it tomorrow being a bit sore, if so will rest. Will be out later this week for a bit shorter walk to build my stamina.

Cool weather and a great day for a walk. Picked up four bottle rocket sticks on the path, one with a live rocket and fuse attached. Threw them in the trash.

Took my pup here for the first time and loved it. We walked but at a guick pace the whole way. We did the circle twice. I will definitely go back

Cool and a bit rainy but a good day for a quick walk. Wow I am really outta shape.

Trail is not too far from the cities. Good pathways for wheelchairs and strollers (paved). It can get pretty crowded on nicer days. It is around swampy marsh lands/ponds and there is different routes of trails. There's a park with a playground and large field before the trail entrances. On some of the trails there is picnic tables. The walk is inside a forested area so it does feel as if you are in the woods not off the road by neighborhoods, also this provides shade. One trail leads to an elementary school.

It can get a bit crowded on a beautiful summer day but this is a hidden treasure in the south hill area. Several paved loops so you can set your own workout. Paths are mostly in the shade, there is a hard to read map at the NE corner at the end of the parking lot that can help you plan your hike. It can be a half mile or several miles if you want to go towards the sports complex. This is my favorite dog walking park but thanks to uncaring people there is some poop next to the trail even though they offer bags and trash cans. But don't let that spoil your fun just do your part and clean up.

This is a nice park locals use a lot to get in a little exercise. From the car park to Rogers HS ballfields is about a 40 min walk round trip mostly in shade. Large playfield where people play ball with their dogs, play equipment and bathrooms at parking area. I saw a deer in the woods here. It's a wide path so families can walk and talk. Accessible for strollers, wheelchairs, bikes and skateboards. Nice at sunset as there are areas open to the west to watch the sun set. Friendly people and dogs on leash.

A bit warm still a good quick walk

ok nice trail for,family's hike,bike and,walk,dog well,used

Nice paved pathway. Nice for pets and bikes.

Great, easy trail with easy access. You have to work hard to make it a good exercise Trail, IMO. We tacked on the paved path around the ball parks to make it longer.

Tuesday, June 06, 2017

Five star if you are with family, especially young ones, due to mild grades and loop size. Three star if you are expecting a workout on a bike. Four star average and still enjoy the convenience, scenery, safety and just being outside. On second thought, average rating is 4.5 stars but rounding up to 5 stars is against my personal rules.

Saturday, May 20, 2017

nice and shaded. Great on a hot summer day!

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

We took our kids to this trail to hide our Puyallup Rocks! It was a nice walk on the paved trail. We will be coming out to this trail to do some running, soon. There is also the option to just enjoy the playground and the big open field with your kids or animals.

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Sunny and a bit warm. Still a great day for a walk.

Saturday, April 08, 2017

Nice day for a walk it's cool and sunny. I don't know why today's track was inaccurate for Alltrails and the S Health app. I put my phone in the right cargo pocket like I always do.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Very windy today but also helps ya stay cool while getting exercise. Rating a trail badly because of other people's bad behavior says more about the person complaining. Instead of complaining do something about it. Bring a trash bag and poker stick to clean up as you walk, bring doggy bags, or at least a small trowel to throw poop off in the bushes.

At a few other local parks I've found filled doggy bags along trails. I pick the bag up by an outside edge that didn't touch anything and chuck it off into the woods. If I have hand sanitizer on me at the time I use a drop of that on my hands or an alcohol wipe from my pocket first aid kit.

Sniveling on a website/app isn't going to change anything. Nobody likes a whiner. Quit whining and start doing. Find solutions not problems.