Narada Falls Trail

Narada Falls Trail is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Paradise Inn, Washington that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and snowshoeing and is best used from June until October.

From the Nisqually entranceon Highway 706, 18 miles on Longmire-Paradise Road to the main Paradise Parking area. The trail begins at the Lakes Trail trailhead where the lot funnels into a one-way road through Paradise Valley

Waterfall is beautiful, hike down to the bottom is short and steep. There was a little snow along the edges melting away. I will go back.

So beautiful, any hike to see falls is amazing.

Short hike but steep. Still a fantastic view. Go in the late morning to see a rainbow at the base!

Without poles found it too dangerous to descend at the moment, the packed snow is turning to slush in places and the combination of a steep grade and the potential for an uncontrolled slip is not something I plan to do in a hurry. Others were going down and up OK though, so maybe just me!

hiked it a little while back. Thought I'd make it to reflection lake from the entrance of the trail. The bridge was washed out so I had to turn back. Overall the trail was pretty nice.

Easy hike down, and then straight back up for return trip. The trail can get crowded, but overall it's worth it as the falls are beautiful!

We went on a rainy, wet day, but the trail was still in great shape and easily walkable with proper footwear and rain gear. The views are beautiful and was a nice quick hike, with extensions to the reflection lake and the wonderland trail.

This was the 3rd and final trail of our trip, and we didn't have a lot of time. Spent a lot of time admiring the waterfall. Getting from the parking lot down to the observation area was actually the most treacherous part of our entire time at Mt. Rainier! Icy trail meant you had to hang onto the wooden fence and then when the fence ended, we picked our way through the rough area (off the trail) to avoid slipping and falling on the icy, rocky trail. Caught the trailhead just past the waterfall observation area and hiked about a mile in and then back. Heavily wooded, lovely trees and vegetation, with an occasional tiny "waterfall" from melting ice/snow. Wish we could have made it all the way to the lake--heard it was nice.

didnt hike too much of it. it was highly crowded, so i stopped by the waterfall view and headed back. nice place to take some beautiful shots.

Really good hike

28 Jul 17. Hiked from Narada Falls to Reflection Lake and back. It was approx. 3 miles. Moderate walk uphill to lake, downhill back to the Falls.

My first time hiking this kind of trail and I loved it! the scenery was stunning!

Get there early

Hiked early march 2017. Amazing snowshoeing! The falls were covered with snow so didn't see them, and hiked on up to reflection lake. Jays all over trying to eat our food! Beautiful and would love to do it in summer

We went on the trail that goes up. Very steep. I'd do it again. But I'd considerate it more than moderate. Very beautiful scenery!

Thursday, June 08, 2017

It felt like being in the shire. Truly magical!

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

coolest place on planet earth

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

An incredibly beautiful hike from Narada Falls to Paradise!

Sunday, August 07, 2016

I haven't hiked for a couple of years prior to this and found it very doable. Very nice trail and not that crowded.

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Short trip to a beautiful waterfall!

Monday, July 11, 2016

Definitely worth stopping by for a visit! Short hike down to the falls and you are up close with mist hitting you at the main picture point. I took the best pictures about 50 yards below there, off a trail, because of the lower angle and you can get all of the falls. If you want amazing pictures go there!

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Quick trip down to a beautiful falls!

Monday, June 22, 2015

FOUND LOST STUFFED SHARK! My family and I hiked the Narada Falls to Reflections Lake on Father's Day afternoon (6/21/15.) On the side of the trail we found a small stuffed shark (about 6" long) and kept it to see if we could locate the owner. If it is your son or daughter's prized possession and they are missing it, please PM me on facebook/santokiskitchen. Thanks!

Regarding the hike - it was beautiful. Very crowded at the falls but hardly anyone on the hike to the lake. I have a 4 year old and a 6 year old. The 6 year old could do the hike with no problem -- the 4 year old did a lot of piggyback riding out and back. Kids both loved the falls and the lake (around the side we found a ton of tadpoles!) Highly recommend.

Monday, November 03, 2014

Beautiful and peaceful. Incredibly quiet.

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Refreshing hike

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Started this hike from the Carter Falls parking area (~3200'), up past the main falls, then Mad Cap falls and kept wandering up until the Narada falls trailhead (4,844') -- and restrooms. I've done Carter / Mad Cap before and it's a great quick hike but going up to Narada is totally worth the time with a number of stream crossings and an overall nice trail to explore.

Definitely was not alone on this one with many people walking down to 'shuttle' it back up. For those wanting an actual hike, I'd recommend the opposite to save yourself some time and knee banging (though the return goes by very quickly).

As a word of warning for other summer hikers, lots of bees and biting bugs out this time of year that I had not seen in spring. Bring the repellant.

Facilities just above Carter Falls Trailhead and at the Narada Trailhead as well, including water fill-ups.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

This trail is a very fun hike for anyone really. It starts at the paradise trail head just below Paradise, closer to cougar rock campground. At the very start you'll cross a log bridge across the river and begin a clean hike up to the falls. Along the way you'll pass carter falls. A smaller waterfall but a decent viewpoint. Then you'll cross a river across another wooden bridge. Here you can stop to play in the water. This is a nice rest stop. Finally you'll start to elevation gain till you feel the mist of Narada Falls. This falls viewpoint is crowded but worth it. It is simply beautiful. To get here really doesn't take that long and anyone can do it. From here you can continue all the way up to Paradise if you want. It also walks to Reflection Lake if you want to keep going. If you aren't as motivated as some you can see these falls from the road. There is a parking lot where you can view the top of the falls looking down for only a ten foot hike from your car.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

We've done this hike several times w/ and wo/ kids (now 18, 9, and 7). A quick easy jaunt out to the falls and back. Great picks of the falls!