Murhut Falls Trail

Murhut Falls Trail is a 1.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Brinnon, Washington that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Hoodsport: Travel north for 22 miles on Highway 101 to the Duckabush Recreation Area. Turn west onto Forest Service Road 2510 and follow this road for 6.2 miles to Forest Service Rd 2530. Turn right onto 2530 and continue for 1.3 miles to the trailhead.

Easy and beautiful. The trail was a little wet but nothing hazardous unless you’re climbing down to see the falls up close. The drive to the trail is a little iffy, only because there are so many huge potholes everywhere. Easy hike, will do again soon!

Loved it!

I have hiked this several times. Great little trail to bring kids on! My four year old mad it up this last summer with some hand-holding and assistance in narrow areas (we stayed up at the lookout and didn't descend to the falls). Last summer my 9 year old made it just fine and we did go down and dip our feet in on a hot day. Very pretty. Just don't be like me and fall in trying to get a photo....the water stays cold! (:
In the summer the lot can get full, but I've never had too much of an issue finding a place to park. Short, but sweet.

The trail was clean, no snow but cold. Not very busy but the falls is gorgeous!

Steep but well-maintained trail. Well worth the effort. Quite impressive.

I'd rate this as easy not moderate. .

Nice waterfall but I have seen better.The road to the beginning of the trail is bad.A hiker from Czech rep.

went with my 5 years old daughter and her bff. they ran the whole way down. getting up wasn't bad at all. went in early August. they ate some huckleberries along the trail. waterfall is beautiful...

Nice hike for the view you get. It’s short, do plan some other hikes or adventures in the area to make it worth the trip. The ride in is a bit rough, so go slow on the roads.

Beautiful!

Great easy little hike. Took my daughter and had lunch at the falls.

What a gorgeous hike. Huge payoff for a short distance (with a well maintained trail). We went early to beat the hottest pet of the day and felt like we had the entire place to ourselves. It was peaceful and beautiful. Thimble berries were ripe.

Hiked this with our two young kiddos, who are experienced but do need to be reminded to stay away from the edge. They thought scrambling down to the rocks was great!

Beautiful short forested hike to the falls.

A few other people hiked to the level where the upper falls was and I followed suit. absolutely amazing! I stood behind the upper falls, glorious hike! I'd you're going to get off the trail you absolutely want shoes with good tread. if you want to behave yourself this is a slightly challenging but quick hike to a gorgeous Washington falls

The risk to reward for this hike is no question. For less than a mile 1-way you get to see an amazing falls!!!

This is one of the prettiest falls I’ve seen up here, and is nestled deep in the woods. It is a bit of a drive on a windy dirt road to the trailhead, but totally worth it! I just wish the hike up was longer because it was so pretty.
You could even swim at the base in warm enough weather.
Try to go during early morning or late afternoon to avoid the crowd, but I would recommend this to everyone!

Peaceful waterfalls that you can scramble around and relax by.

This was a beautiful hike. I climbed down the bank and took a nice relaxing nap on a rock at the base of the edge of the falls. I will be returning to this waterfall on my next visit to Washington.
The road leading to the trail is atrocious! Filled with pot holes and will wreak havoc on your car but the waterfall is worth it.

Beautiful falls. Short easy trail to the falls.

Quick hike to the beautiful falls. We'll maintained, a bit of incline but doable. Very open trail, only saw two couples coming out of the trail head as we were going in. No bathroom facilities, parking across from trailhead. Dirt road going to trailhead was full of pot holes. Add extra time driving there.

Short and sweet hike with a stunning waterfall at the end! There was still a lot of ice which made for a beautiful picture. The water is clear and mountain blue.

I wish the trail went on past the waterfall or had some other off shoots to make the hike longer or give you some options to get off the main drag. The road out there was kind of rough.. I didn’t see this mentioned in the previous reviews, but if you aren’t driving an old beater truck out there make sure you give yourself at least 30 mins extra time to pick your way up the pothole dirt road. Overall great hike and worth doing!

such a beautiful trail, and at the end is this magnificent waterfall

Saturday, February 17, 2018

Gorgeous falls after a nice hike! Trail was dry today.

Sunday, February 11, 2018

Easy hike to a beautiful waterfall. Family and dog loved it.

Wednesday, December 06, 2017

If you google — Google leads to a point up the road past the trailhead. Park and begin at the brown sign for the trailhead, earlier than google says.

Great easy beautiful hike to a large waterfall. The pics don’t do it justice. Go see for yourself!

No snow or ice on trail on 12/5, but it had clearly frosted the previous night. December is great time for photographing the magnificent moss since the trees are otherwise bare.

Sunday, September 17, 2017

This trail is an amazing hike. Perfect inclines, keep your dog on the leash since there are spots that are right on the ledge. Still totally worth it for the views of the huge waterfalls at the end. I'd also agree it would be a stellar mountain biking trail, but since it's not meant for that I wouldn't risk it with the narrowness (in some areas, especially once you approach the waterfalls). Also, the drive to this spot is about 3mls in on a gravel trail, you're definitely be off the grid! Highly recommend!!

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Short and sweet

Sunday, August 27, 2017

well worth it

Sunday, August 13, 2017

beautiful hike, it was very short and also kid friendly. It has a few good sized hills, but all in all its very easy and short. the waterfall was soooooo pretty! It's very tall. We didn't hike down to the bottom half of the falls because our daughter is VERY scared of heights and there was no way she was interested.

Wednesday, August 02, 2017

Nice morning hike, only people on the trail!
Falls are gorgeous. They are off the main trail and it's a little difficult to climb down into them, but well worth it. Pools look great for a swim, wish I'd planned for that!