Mt. Si and Kamikaze/Teneriffe Falls

Mt. Si and Kamikaze/Teneriffe Falls is a 6.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near North Bend, Washington that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from October until June. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

2004 feet

Hike to a fantastically steep and unusual waterfall near Mt. Si in WA state.

Teneriffe falls connector is unmarked and overgrown so we turned around there. But the rest of the trail was great!

Volume of water in the falls is bit low now. But still hiking in the woods is really cool

Nice cool hike for sunny day

Started on Mount Si Trail, turned to Talus Loop Trail (there is a fallen tree across the trail, smaller guys may go below the tree, I had to go over) and get to Teneriffe Logging Road, all covered with snow. Then I missed the turn to Teneriffe Falls Connector, had to go back, difficult to find without GPS. There is NO TRAIL, wrong season probably, everything covered with snow, very difficult to find the way. But I finally made it to Teneriffe Falls Trail. Had to jump over the creek though to get to the trail, pretty slippery. Definitely NOT recommending using this Teneriffe Falls Connector this time - go through Lower Teneriffe Connector to Teneriffe Logging Road and Teneriffe Falls Trail. I used this route back from Teneriffe Falls, trail is fine everywhere except one big fallen tree on Lower Teneriffe Connector, possible to pass.

Closer to Teneriffe Falls the trail is very steep and slippery. I made it in regular hiking boots but I wish I had micro spikes or something like that, that would help a lot. Be careful near the Falls, ice fall down! It almost hit me while I was taking pictures right next to the Falls.

Overall good hike, longer than promised, I recorded 8+ miles, would be more if you go 2-way through Lower Teneriffe Connector.

Very wet hike!! Water proof everything is a necessity. Did not complete the full loop to Mt. Teneriffe, winds were pretty bad towards to top and we were not prepared for the drop in temperature. Still a solid day!! Great for dogs; my pup loved everything except the conditions at the top. Planning on returning to do the full loop when we get a clear day.

so many different trail

The waterfall was definitely a rewarding site to see. Through a little sleet, rain and dry spells, we enjoyed this hike. Most of it was well marked until we missed a new (?) section that was hardly a trail. The GPS on the AllTrails app put us back on the trail when we missed it. It was also confusing how to complete the loop and get on the Tenerife Falls Trail, so we came back the way we went up on Talus Loop Trail. It was still a long, beautiful hike.

Amazing hike in December hard up hard down, But worth the challenge

Amazing hike took five hours up-and-down to kamikaze snow at the top also snowing just as hard to get down

This hike is so pretty to see the falls with water. Of course spring would be the best time. The trail is clear of snow.

Just did this one yesterday, 11/24. It was nice that there were not many other people on this trail, maybe passed about 3 or 4. However, it was not marked well at all, I had to keep pulling out my phone to compare it to the map alltrails has posted. Once we got to the waterfall, we couldn't cross over and had to go back the way we started, which was a huge downer. I am sure this would be a nice hike if you could A) cross over the waterball and B) It had better trail markers.
Also worth noting-no snow

Kinda boring, TBH. The falls were bone dry, and the hike was eh. The first half was a dusty, steady incline (but not too difficult) and the last half was all climbing over loose rocks (that got super hot by the time we came back down). The parking lot is nice, though.

i went in the beginning of august and the waterfall was just a trickle. definitely do it earlier in the season next year.

Monday, June 19, 2017

The falls are really great. Worth the hike up. I found the trail to be a fun hike and pretty mellow. Look out for Smokey!

Saturday, June 17, 2017

really cool falls at the end...it's worth the hike.

Sunday, May 28, 2017

I'm very active and this hike was not easy. The great thing is there are lots of places to rest. If you have 3-4 hrs, I'd definitely recommend this hike!

Sunday, May 28, 2017

What Amber said

Friday, May 26, 2017

Gorgeous hike! Trail conditions were great, though part of the trail was closed. No big deal. Just take the Talus Connector instead, which is lovely. Definitely go to the top! The switchbacks are graded nicely, and the view is so worth it!!!

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

this was a gorgeous hike. i went on a Friday around 1pm, parking was not packed what so ever. i am a beginner hiker, so it was a little harder for me than the seasoned hikers. i guess i didnt make it quite to the top, but i made it to a large, gorgeous waterfall nonetheless. i definitely suggest wearing hiking boots, not just shoes. it is very steep and rocky for about a mile or so. overall, it was a great trip, id love to take my family and friends there again this summer.

Saturday, May 06, 2017

A perfect paced hike up to the falls. I went on a sunny day during the week and parking was a challenge. I can't imagine trying to find parking on a weekend!

I loved the trail though!

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Awesome hike!! The waterfall was spectacular and the views down into the valley were amazing. Was a good workout but I wouldn't call it difficult. Very rocky at times, but still definitely worth it. My only complaints are limited parking and few trail markers.

Monday, March 20, 2017

Easy to moderate hike. Never got thag " I wanna stop" feeling. First half of hike is very flat. 2nd half is very rocky so be aware. Not much room to relax at the top but the view is very nice looking at how much water is coming down from the falls ( see my pics). Be careful at the top. I would take some beginning hikers here.. If following the directions from the all trails app look around for the very Tiny parking lot that is to the left off the road (see pic for street intersection 480 Ave se). Bring your discover pass to this one.

Saturday, March 04, 2017

Great hike. The waterfall was spectacular and the views down into the valley were amazing. Moderate workout without the full-day commitment, and friendly people along the way. My only complaints are limited parking and few trail markers.

Thursday, February 23, 2017

I took my dog up on a Tuesday in late February. It was very quiet. We only saw a handful of people, which was perfect. We arrived around 11am and got back to the car at about 2:30pm. The views were spectacular. We stopped quite a few times to enjoy in awe. There was a heavy hail storm and then steady snow fall up at the switchbacks. We also got some nice sun. Lots of weather conditions, which made things exciting. The falls were beautiful. The top was a little underwhelming but I thought it was still worth the hike. The rocks at the switchbacks are precarious, especially when wet, so good shoes are strongly suggested. Overall it was a beautiful and relaxing hike. I would recommend!

Friday, February 17, 2017

This was my first hike and it was wonderful! Went during the week. Parking not a problem, saw no one on the way up and 2 people on the way down. Very rocky on the last mile on the way up. Beautiful views throughout the hike and your hiking up parts of the rivers. Truly beautiful and exhilarating. Pole or walking stick recommend for walk down as rocks are slippery.

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Great hike with a stunning waterfall! Hike is rather difficult as it's rocky and can be slippy so take care. There are some great views on the way up of Rattlesnake and the surrounding valley. Giving it 4 stars as the parking lot can get far too crowded. Better to start early or around lunchtime like I did.

Wednesday, February 08, 2017

The falls are really cool! This is a popular hike, though, and the parking lot is quite small. I would recommend going early in the morning to beat the crowds. The hike itself is not terribly strenuous, but will still get your heart going.

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Great first trail to introduce our friend to the Northwest! Some ice on the trail but avoidable.

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Great hike

Friday, December 30, 2016

Be prepared for snow/ice terrain, beautiful once you get to the waterfall well worth it!