Mount Constitution Loop Trail

Mount Constitution Loop Trail is a 7.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Olga, Washington that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Spent approximately five hours here with a friend. Love the views!!! Lake, waterfall, various terrain, view of Mt. baker when you're at the top, castle and more. You can do all or some of coarse according to your ability and preference. Either way, I recommend and vote it as worth your time:)

A very enjoyable hike. Walking through the forest was beautiful, and I loved watching the vegetation change with the altitude.
We went anti-clockwise around the loop: started out walking along Mt Lake to Twin Lakes, then up to the summit. From carpark to summit took us about 1 hour 30 minutes. I’m not a hiker, so I was worried about the steep hill, but it was manageable, as the steep section is only about 1.5 miles.
The summit was quite crowded for memorial day weekend. The stone tower is closed for restoration, but you can still enjoy the amazing view. I found the people standing around smoking to be particularly offensive.
From there, we walked about 45 minutes to Little Summit. I think the view from here was almost as good, and we were the only people there!
From there, it took us another 40 minutes or so to walk back down to the car park.

very pretty hike with trek thru green forest, beautiful lakes and a great view, long history at the top. It's a bit frustrating seeing all the people driving to the top but the trail itself isn't very crowded even during 4th of July weekend.

Easy trail to go thru the deep forest, definitely much more fun than driving up

A very pretty hike. It starts off somewhat tough right away but actually eases out the closer you get to the peak. If you're not used to hiking then it will be a good workout but even fitter people will find a challenge to it. Currently (Feb. 2017) there's a few downed trees with a couple that aren't easy to climb over/under and will force you to probably have to leave the trail temporarily. There's probably great views along the way but, unfortunately, a cloud was directly on top of the mountain when I went so I saw nothing but mist.

In order to reach the trailhead from your car, you'll need to follow signs for Mt. Lake. There's a small parking lot (room enough for about 6 cars) along the lake. To the left of the shelter with the cooking stove is a trail to Little Summit. Follow the trail for 1 mile until you reach the crossroads where you can continue the 0.2 miles to Little Summit (might as well!) or veer right for another 2 miles to the top of Mt. Constitution. On the way back, you can opt to either return the way you came or cross the parking lot and road and take the trail leading to Twin Lakes. Further sites along the route involve the Twin Lakes and Cascade Falls. From September to May, be cautious of mountain bikers!

Great views, a lot of history. 65 year old grandfather was able to enjoy as well.

It's a climb.

This was a great hike. I didn't think it was all that hard. We actually did this hike over Valentine's weekend. It was unusually warm, in the mid 70's at Rosario Resort. Took the good part of the day but would love to do it again!

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Monday, June 06, 2016

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Friday, May 13, 2016

Absolutely beautiful. The mountain kicked my ass but it was totally worth it.

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Sunday, August 09, 2015

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Have done this hike twice. The second time, I got married at the top. There's a school cave off to the right about 5/8 of the way up. Gorgeous views! Be aware there is a road up the back, so there will be sightseers at the top.

Monday, July 20, 2015

This trail is rough... It was the most intense incline I've hiked.

Monday, September 22, 2014

09/21/2014 (Sunday) - We did a variation of this trail and started at the south campground on Cascade Lake. From there we hiked to the Cascade Falls, Mountain Lake, and Twin Lakes before making our ascent to the top of Mt Constitution. The trail is well maintained the entire way, and very easy until the last leg up to the top. Then, it's nothing but switchbacks and a killer incline. Definitely worth the trip.

More on my hiking blog at cairnguru.com