Mountain Lake and Twin Lakes Trail

Mountain Lake and Twin Lakes Trail is a 6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Olga, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This was a beautiful escape from the heat. Hiked twin lake trail along with mountain loop. Cool timbered trails with peak-a-boo sites of the lakes. Would do it again. Not real challenging for advanced hiker. But quite lovely.

We loved this easy hike. It's 3.9 mile loop through lush forest right around this gorgeous and quiet lake. Not much parking ( around 8 spots! ) so get there early. We went off season- only one fisherman on entire lake. It was magnificent and terrain easy. Many spots to stand or sit and take in the beauty of it all

Walked mountain lake trail on 3/4/17
Was amazing to follow the trail and see the lake.
It had snowed earlier that day.

A little muddy, great views of the lake

Monday, September 05, 2016

Friday, September 02, 2016

Cloudy, cool day. We had done Mt Lake loop several times before so wanted something new and added the Twin Lakes extension including the loops around both. Parked at the second small lot closer to the Twin Lakes end of Mt Lake. So many great views of each of the three lakes. Just above the larger Twin Lake encountered the private property of the YMCA which also should be accessible via Raccoon Point road and it's connecting roads. We respected the private property and turned back. Overall the trails were very well maintained with excellent signage. Encountered a number of other hikers around Mt Lake but only few on the trail to and around Twin Lakes. Although rated moderate difficulty, I would rate it easy and recommend for anyone preferring a beautiful hike away from crowds.

Saturday, July 09, 2016

Friday, July 08, 2016

Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Cloudy day but amazing walk in the woods with my daughter.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

My husband and I were headed to the Cascade Lake Loop and wound up going up the Mountain Lake trail. It was very steep at parts and by the end we were really sick of hills. This hike kicked our butts in terms of terrain, though we are what I'd consider beginners. When we arrived at Mountain Lake we were so happy to see there weren't many people there. Our 16 month old was able to get out of the backpack and run on the trail in bare feet, too.

The lack of people on the trail was what made it the best for us. If you're looking to get away from society for a bit, this is a great place to retreat.

Sunday, June 03, 2012

This is a beautiful trail and great for running. When you get to the loops the lakes are serene and quiet. I ran this alot when I lived on Orcas. I would rate this my favorite.