Mount Washington Trail

Mount Washington Trail is a 8.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near North Bend, Washington that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 8.3 miles Elevation Gain: 3,280 feet Route Type: Out & Back

rock climbing

Discover Pass required for parking: https://discoverpass.wa.gov/

icy

We will be back to try this one out again. It took us 40 mins from the parking spot to find the trailhead and we got a little lost. It was raining really bad as the first 40 mins is uncovered so we left and will come back in better conditions.

Great views. Not really a "hard" hike, just a difficult and long intermediate hike.

Today we had the hike in a big snowy weather. It was dim initially and after a mile, which a bit rocky and steep, it started to snow and snow more. In a way, it was quite beautiful. The ground was covered with layers of new snow. The last part to the top was mentioned as steep but it was okay. Coming down, it was easier to walk on the snow even without spikes. The last portion to the trailhead again was rockier and harder to walk without much snow covering the ground. Overall a very nice hiking experience.

no snow or ice. just a wet rainy day.

icy

Some snow on the trail but it’s melting, one inch max on the thickest part. don’t need microspikes in my opinion. I was happy I had poles tho. very very wet, there is like 3 short sections where there is water running on the trail. Feels like you are walking in a mini creek, big part of the trail follows very all roads, so you will find lots of loose gravel rocks, I’d say bring poles and boots if you have them, light rain the whole hike, got soaked but a very pleasant temperature, even up top. No views but still nice to be out. In my opinion, I wish the trail would stay as it is. Not need to removed the rocks etc, keeps the crows at mount Si and rattlesnake ledge etc. Only saw another solo hiker all day.

icy

Great trail with same gorgeous views as Mt Si but without the crowds. Bring micro spikes for the way down to stay safe on the trail.

icy

Great day, sunny but cold, beautiful views. Snow above 2,600'. I didn't put my micro-spikes on until I was headed down.

Started out on a wet Sunday and it was great getting up to the top. It was a little windy up there, and the views were nonexistent. However, on the way up I did see a sliver of sun hit somewhere near Putrid Pete's on the other side of the freeway. Being late fall, it got dark early and I had to use my headlamp, but no big deal. Made it down to the car without a problem.

Perfect weather for a hike. Little Ice about 3 quarters of the way up but otherwise the trail is clear.