Mount Washington Trail

Mount Washington Trail is a 8.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near North Bend, Washington that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

ice climbing

rock climbing

Discovery Pass required for parking

Decent but not great. Too much overgrowth in some areas but the views are ok.

This hike has a great view at the top. One of the best for me to date. Definitely worth the climb. We went at the end of May and there was still snow pretty much all the way for the last mile+, which was fine (we had just regular (tennis, etc) shoes).
Bring a lunch to the top and enjoy (the view and the food).

I was pretty sure that my view was going to be obstructed from the haze that's been all over Seattle due to the BC wildfires and I was unfortunately right so I cannot comment on that.

The trail, however, I can. It jumps back and forth between small rocks, dirt, and larger rocks for the whole hike and I can't say I enjoyed it. Trail was also very overgrown in some areas. It did have several breaks in the trees that were populated with wild flowers which was nice. The grade is pretty moderate (hence the rating given to it) so it's more accessible than others in the area.

Compared to Mt. Teneriffe and Granite Mtn, this trail wasn't all that great to look at or be on. Lots of bugs early in the morning on my ascent and they seemed to disappear on the descent. Not very much hiking traffic either. You can use google maps to get you to the trail head (one bathroom, no signage for the trail) and then use the Twin Falls/John Wayne Pioneer Trail to get you to the actual trailhead. This small, and tucked away, trailhead is unmarked just like in the parking area and can be found on your left at about 0.4 miles from the parking lot.

Challenging with some great views. Be prepared for a lot of loose aggregate on the trail.

Started out great. Challenging. Will complete at a later date.

Five stars for the views, three stars for the trail itself. Very rocky in a lot of parts to the point you don't risk looking up for fear of rolling an ankle. Overgrown in some spots but not unmanageable. Trailhead could use a sign, and the app helped greatly in finding the entrance. After that things are marked well. Hiking poles and bug spray strongly recommended.

Easy-to-intermediate but not very crowded hike. Nice views, but summit itself totally underwhelming.

rock climbing

Beautiful.

Started at 8am, finished at 3:30pm. There were about 10 cars parked at 8am. Trail is very steep and straight. Uphill is hard on the legs and lungs. Downhill is hard on the feet. The loose gravel can make you slip as you go downhill. The entry to the trail from the wide dirt road is easy to miss. There's a cairn but it was already knocked over by the afternoon. The spot near the summit has the best view but only a few places to sit. The summit has a big rock, a view of the freeway and a big hole, and like a weather station antenna.

I did this trail Sunday 7/9 and started at about 10am. The parking lot only had a few cars, and there wasn't a lot of people on the trail. It starts out kind of steep for a while and eventually has a few long stretches where it levels out. This is such a fun trail for running. The wildflowers are so beautiful and the majority of the time you have shade. The view of Rainier at the summit was so amazing! I didn't stick around for too long due to the amount of people at the top. I saw a lot more people on my way down, so I recommend making this an early trip for people like me who don't like being around large crowds. This trail is very rocky, but I did fine with my trail running shoes. I had 1.5 L of water which worked out perfectly. My phone told me that I did over 10 miles, so keep in mind that this might be longer than you think. The parking lot was packed when I got back to my car. Round trip, this took me about 3.5 hours. Love this trail!