Mount Storm King is a 5.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Port Angeles, Washington that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from April until October.

Distance: 5.3 miles Elevation Gain: 2,076 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Switchbacks for the 3 miles up. Great leg burn. Once you reach the top, you can grab magnificent pictures of the views of the mountains and Lake Crescent. Keep going to the ropes (past maintained trail sign) and it becomes more technical. There is an optional side-trip to the popular Marymere Falls if you wish to extend your trip.

Beautiful trail. My hiking partner and I made it to the beginning of the ropes and decided it was too sketchy to climb up. Lots of loose gravel at that spot and the climb seemed pretty steep. I don’t think it’s impossible at all as a couple groups of people passed us who’d made it to the top! Amazing views of the lake and mountain peaks. Came on a Thursday around 2 PM and trail was not too busy with many people wearing masks and allowing others to pass. Definitely a strenuous climb for inexperienced hikers (me) but absolutely walkable and the view up top is breathtaking.

This was my first hike in 10 years, it was really challenging but totally worth it. The ropes felt very secure and sturdy. Trail was a little busy but not too bad.

Beautiful view. Ropes are a bit challenging going up but easy going back down.

Very challenging. The whole trail is narrow so a mask is highly recommended when passing people. The last bit of it is scrambling and using ropes so gloves would be helpful but not necessary. Def wear sturdy hiking shoes. The views are amazing. The gray jays are friendly and will land on your hand.

Beautiful day. Awesome views. Totally worth while. The ropes were easy to manage and my daughter barely needed them. To get the best panoramic views go up and across the rocks a the top. It is a bit of a scramble. For safety practice 3 points of contact. Try to go on a clear day. Most of the trail is in the shade which is nice. Bugs were moderate.

Tough but gorgeous trail. Too slick on the rocks to get the very top today but it was cloudy so not much of a view anyway. Would not recommend this for kids/dogs. Very steep and narrow!

GOOD SHOES NEEDED NO TENIS OR RUNING SHOES. Saw some dude eat mud and almost fell off the cliff cause his tenis shoes. But Wow, was that a up hill hike. The 2000 foot ascend really kicks your ass so be sure to be safe and take breaks as this trail is a little narrow with big falls at points. Most of the trail is bumpy and gets very rocky the higher up you go so watch your step please. At the top after the end of maintained trail sign you start a rope ascend, it’s not hard just be safe. ( I highly recommend gloves )The rope will support you fine, be the most carful climbing down. The view at the top is 100% worth it, my god I’ve never seen anything like it. There’s a lot of people this season so parking is tight but manageable, try to get early and the boat parking lot will be open. Paved parking. Be safe on this one. Bring lots of water, good grip shoes, gloves, Med kit, and a snack for the top.

Hiked this with a friend and my 9 year old today. We managed to get to the top, with all the scrambling and the rope part. Trail was very busy. It made me nervous when we had to yield to other hikers as the trail was so narrow and rocky, especially after the sign "end of maintained trail". It's definitely a tough hike with constant switchbacks but the view was breathtaking. As we reached the top, we saw hikers hand feeding the wild grey jays. If I get to do it again, I would not bring my 9 year old and would try to be there by 8 AM as this trail is insanely popular.

A steep but fun hike with lots of switchbacks! The rope sections aren’t too long but does takes some time to get back down. We started around 9am with a few other couples and were able to social distance just fine minus the small area at the summit, but coming down was a lot harder since there were so many people headed up. The trail will probably be even busier the next couple days with the holiday weekend! The huge main parking lot was completely full by noon, but there might’ve been an extra lot to the side.

Very nice hike with amazing views. I was with my 10 year old son so we didn't go pass the end of the trail but still amazing with great viewpoints. A bit muddy but not a big deal and easy to step around it. My friends hit the ropes and loved it. Definitely a challenging hike.

Open and ready for action! Spectacular views, tough hike up.