Photos of Mount Spokane Trail 100 to Smith Gap

Pretty hike, I know it says moderate, but be cautious that there are A LOT of hills and steep inclines, which can be hard on a lot of people. Also beware there are areas where you’re brushing up against a lot of plant life, so make sure to spray yourself with bug repellent. I would 100% agree with one of the other reviewers, PARK DOWN AT THE BOTTOM OF THE TRAIL AND THEN HIKE UP!!! I wish we would’ve known that, the hike was pretty, yet exhausting, especially when we turned around (“out and back”) and headed back the way we started, such steep inclines. Had we started from the bottom and went up, sure we would’ve still had to go up all the inclines, but at least the second half of our hike would’ve been much more enjoyable. There are beautiful streams that run through there. If you’re looking for there to be a destination (I.e. an outlook, a river/lake, somewhere to relax) at the end of the trail don’t expect it from a lot of these trails, they lead to roads at the beginning and end points. There aren’t any outhouses/bathrooms on the trails, which we knew but I just wanted to advise anyone else who may expect outhouses along the way. We passed quite a few people or groups, but we weren’t stuck with other folks during the hike. Overall, it wasn’t bad, very pretty!