Mount Si Trail is a 7.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near North Bend, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 7.9 miles Elevation Gain: 3,188 feet Route Type: Out & Back

rock climbing

The hike starts at the parking lot and the trail head is clearly marked, in a couple hundred yards you will begin your ascent to the top of Mount Si. The trail is well-maintained and dog-friendly, but be aware that there have been reports of bear spottings on the trail (although not very often). Most of the hike is under the shade of the trees which makes it a good hike even in the heat of summer. The trail ends on a rocky surface known as the Haystack, which can be very slippery when wet. You'll need some climbing experience if you plan to get to the top of the haystack. Discover Pass required.

recorded Mount Si Trail

Good work out. Consistent incline all the way up. Mostly trees, there would be a beautiful view up top but today was incredibly foggy. Also muddy.

icy

The trail was well kept but ice and then packed snow began 1/2 way up the mountain, yak traks were very helpful as well as trekking poles. The elevation gain was actually quite easy (for reference I am a 17 year old athlete) but you get what you pay for. The views at the top were subpar in my opinion with poor visibility. The hike in general was no alpine thriller but a nice day outing for those wanting a bit of a work out and some snow. Pro tip, bring a little bit of bread for the birds up top who will land on your hand if you feed them.Overall a decent hike but it didn't quite live up to its reputation as one of the most popular hikes in the state.

slick, cold and fun at the top

11-30-2019. We actually parked at the Little Si Trailhead and merged near the top of Mount Si onto the main trail. Our distance was 7.09 miles, elevation gain was 3,280'. It's steeper, less traffic, and slightly shorter than the other route. I thought it was more interesting as well. Traction devices were necessary the last 750' approaching the top. Windy, clear, with high chill factor. Warm clothing, gloves, trekking poles recommended. Six hours round trip, including 25 minutes at top and couple clothing breaks up and down. Discovery pass required.

icy

Ice starts about halfway up, then turns to compacted snow. We put spikes on at 2.6 miles, wore them to the summit and down past where we’d put them on because the descent was slippery. Scramble at the top is all snowy. Also, we somehow got off trail and onto the Old Si Trail, so I wish I’d been watching the app more closely on the way up. Killer day out, though coming down is murder. It takes aaaaaages even when you’re bookin it. Time to top (carrying 30 lbs.): 2 hours.

My second time here. Took me a little less than 2 hours to go up. The view was ok. A little cloudy. Not that many people here in the end of November but the weather was pleasant for this hike.

Took us more than 2 hours to reach the top and roughly 1.5 hours to get down. Trail is maintained but the elevation kicked our butts in the beginning. View was ok compared to other hikes. Seeing the roads and buildings were a turn off.

Went slow & steady the whole way and it took us a little over 4 hours. Really windy at the top but so worth the hike.

Just got back from hiking Mt Si (11/10/2019) no warm up, the trail starts going up at an incline right away but after an half I felt it became much easier, it took me about 2 1/2 hours to reach the summit I was going pretty slow though. It was strange not seeing any snow at the summit it being almost the middle of November very beautiful sunny view once I hiked out of the cloud cover. great hike will do again. Lots of people on the trail I didn't get started until 10:45 AM.

This was a lovely trail to hike on a clear fall day like today. It was moderately trafficked but not overly crowded. The trail itself is well maintained but be prepared to hike over lots of small/medium sized rocks which can be a bad thing for your ankle! The view from the top was very nice. Because of the steep grade and switchbacks all the way up, the way down feels like a treat as it’s all downhill.

Awesome hike! I went on Sunday, 10/27. Got to trailhead at 7:15am took me about 1 hour and 45mins to get up. And like 45min to get down (jogged down). There were only three people I encountered on the way up. But on the way down I no joke passed about 80 people going up. I suggest getting to the trail heads WAAAY before 9am when the sun is out, or you will be surrounded by people! Good hike, challenging as it’s all up hill. Awesome views.

Good hike, not too busy this past Sunday. Trail is in good condition, but a bit repetitive, and the view at the top is nice. You can see the likes of Rainier glistening in the distance. You can also see the Olympic range, downtown Seattle and Bellevue, as well as some of the hight points of other trails nearby: Rattlesnake, Poopoo Point, and Dirty Harry's to name a few.

Clear skies. Trail in good condition. Lots of hikers but there is room on the trail. Great climb!

Great trial overall! Easy the first couple miles then gets a bit steeper at the end. The views were incredible! Easily saw Mount Rainier and surrounding mountains! Quick hike back down. About 5 hours with a half-hour for lunch.

Great fall hike. Lots of foliage and turning colors. The trail was a bit muddy in parts from recent rains. Watch for slippery rocks at times. Hailed when we got to the top, so bring a rain jacket. Overall, great hike.

Nice clear sunny day at the top! Great elevation gain and trail is in great shape.

Hiked on 10/21/19. A Monday, a rainy/cloudy day. So no views. But also very few people. Saw 12 people total. T-mobile service almost all the time. My first hike along I90. Even thou you hike 4 miles up you still can hear the i90 noise, specially on a foggy day. Still 5 stars because it delivered the challenge for me. And the forest was beautiful.