Mount Si Trail is a 7.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near North Bend, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 7.9 miles Elevation Gain: 3,188 feet Route Type: Out & Back

rock climbing

The hike starts at the parking lot and the trail head is clearly marked, in a couple hundred yards you will begin your ascent to the top of Mount Si. The trail is well-maintained and dog-friendly, but be aware that there have been reports of bear spottings on the trail (although not very often). Most of the hike is under the shade of the trees which makes it a good hike even in the heat of summer. The trail ends on a rocky surface known as the Haystack, which can be very slippery when wet. You'll need some climbing experience if you plan to get to the top of the haystack. Discover Pass required.

It is a very well maintained trail so it's not overly slippery even when slightly damp. Difficulty is moderate. A bit chilly at the top, so it would be good to bring a jacket.

Went on a cloudy Friday. Quite possibly the only way to avoid crowds. No grand views with the clouds but a fun workout.

It’s a good hike but definitely make sure you do it on a clear day otherwise you can’t see anything

I wild recommend this trail, long but not as hard as it’s presented. The views were amazing and the trail conditions were excellent. Took our time heading up.

This was my 1st official hike... definitely a great a hike up. really enjoyed the view at the top. however all my joints were just aching on the way down. Next time I'll be sure to bring better trail shoes.

Moderate hike with a good view at the end. The hike has a lot of switch backs but the ramp isn’t too steep. Took about 2 hours on the way to the top and 1.5 hours down.

Difficult trail. Very rocky. Be prepared to hike for 3-4 hours. Amazing view!

Good times. Well maintained and a couple of options on the way up and down. Great view at the top.

Did this hike on August 8th This was the first hike ranked difficult that my friends and I have done. Hard at times but wouldn't call it difficult - more moderate. It's a constant incline up but well maintained. I think we actually had cell phone reception all the way up. I would recommend going on a clear day to get the ultimate view.

great maintained trail, but it's a slog with little variety on the way up.

Great hike on 9-4-19. Perfect conditions. Consistent elevation gain makes for a great workout!

Mount Si September 4th 2019. First hike of sabbatical.

9-1-19: The trail condition was great. We took my dog (mini golden retriever) and it was a little warm. We did the hike in shorts. Bring extra water (we did). I didn’t find this hike to be hard. I would say Moderate. It’s long but the elevation gain is consistent. There’s a small rock scramble at the end. There’s an option to do Haystack at the top but I didn’t feel like it was safe with my dog. Plenty of other beautiful spots to see the view and have a snack!

easy ish

Mount Si is a great test of your endurance. See how well and how long it takes you to get up Si and you’ll have a good idea of how quickly and how well you’ll get up other trails in the area. Perfect hike for the pups too

The last 10% or so is very difficult. I would *not* bring dogs or kids up as it’s very steep and all rock climbing/scrambling. The views are amazing and worth the long and steep hike. I will probably return to this trail again.

Wow, this was a great hike. Awesome views. Pretty steep ascent. Wasn't sure if Mt Si summit was attainable without ropes and climbing. Fortunately I encountered some guys who said it was possible. Certainly not everyone can or should attempt the final scramble to the summit, but the adventurous and daring certainly can, and without gear. I cut across to Mt Teneriffe and was very glad I did. The 360° views from this higher peak are spectacular. There were annoying tiny biting flies that caused welts hanging out at the very top though. Oddly after I summited Teneriffe there was no one on the trail all the way back to the Mt Si trailhead. However, I saw many people on my way up Mt Si. These two mountains together totalled over 14 miles. Pretty grueling and not for everyone. Most people can probably do one or the other summit taking it slow, especially if you skip the slightly dangerous final pinnacle climb for Mt Si. Bring lots of water.

This trail def kicks ass! Beautiful view up top. Very clean and maintained. Not for beginners that’s for sure.