Mount Si Trail

Mount Si Trail is a 7.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near North Bend, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

The hike starts at the parking lot and the trail head is clearly marked, in a couple hundred yards you will begin your ascent to the top of Mount Si. The trail is well-maintained and dog-friendly, but be aware that there have been reports of bear spottings on the trail (although not very often). Most of the hike is under the shade of the trees which makes it a good hike even in the heat of summer. The trail ends on a rocky surface known as the Haystack, which can be very slippery when wet. You'll need some climbing experience if you plan to get to the top of the haystack.

Perfect day for a hike and perfect views.

Awesome clear sunny day for a Dec weekend. The trail is totally clear except at the top with small patches of snow. Lovely day and a lovely hike.

Best done in the morning to avoid snowmelt / mud. At mile 3.2 , trail is covered in hard pack snow and continues to deepen to shin deep at snowqualmie valley overlook. Traction such as kahtoola chains or glacier chains are highly recommended. Would need more traction to ascend the haystack (crampons) as there is mostly ice after approximately 10 meters of scrambling. The view was perfect of rainier the olympics and even Seattle and Bellevue were in view. Beautiful forests and views scattered throughout the hike. There were ~25 people out. Total time to snowqualmie overlook : 1:40. Total time car to car 2:50 with approximately 15 minutes for photo breaks. Enjoy!!!!

Went on Wednesday this week and the weather was perfect. Beautiful snow up top... I’m a bit of a newby to the PNW (I’m used to the flat lands of the Midwest) so it took me 3 hours up and about 2 to get down. Well worth it though. Will definitely do it again in the summer!

Mount Si is quite a beast! Very steep, lots of switchbacks, well trafficked. It took us 2:20 to get up and 1:20 down. We spent nearly an hour exploring the rocky area around the summit. It wasn’t clear enough today to see Rainier or the cities, but the view was still stunning. We brought one of our pups; there are lots of dogs out on this trail. We definitely recommend this day activity.

A steep, popular hike with fantastic views at the top (although when I did it yesterday, the fog obscure most of it). There was some snow at the top, making the scramble dangerous, so we stopped at the base of the lost rocks. It took us 2:30 to get up and 1:40 to get down, which I'm pretty happy with as a beginner.

I forgot to put my Discover Pass up in my car and got a $79 ticket - grr. Apparently, this lot is checked often so beware of parking without the pass clearly visible.

A hard hike for sure, but so worth it. Very steep, if you are not in the best shape plan for lots of breaks and stretch sessions. Also give yourself plenty of time at the top to enjoy, the view is Amazing. We could see Mt Rainer, the skyline of Bellevue AND Seattle. I died most of the way up, but it was so worth it. I highly recommend this hike, but go prepared.

Loved it!

Great views!

I love this hike, it’s perfect for the middle of the week if you have the time. Trail conditions were great, some soggy spots. Overall beautiful with this weeks great weather. The haystack scramble is dry as of late. Get out there before the rains come and ice starts forming!!

Definitely a great workout for sure! Very beautiful and well worth the time. Although it's a bit intimidating, I strongly recommend bouldering up the peak.... amazing views and an opportunity to push through any fears you may have.... leading you to powerful exhilaration!

Started at 8:45am on a Saturday in mid October, still plenty parking space. Going up is a steady incline , no outlook on the way, but the view at top is magnificent: beautiful foliage,snow covered branches,360 view far out. It took me 1:40 minutes nonstop to the top. Will definitely do it again.

Beautiful view from the top

Great hike close to the city. It's very popular, but with less crowds as you get to the top. It's worth it to go all the way. I found the scramble at the end to look much harder than it was and getting back down was surprisingly easy. Very satisfying hike.

Great view from the top, manageable trail for all ages

there was nothing else to see other than the view of the valley. i could not see mt rainier because i'm too inexperianced.

The coolest hike!! Amazing and super excited climbing up!

socked in at the top, snowing in may. challenging but fun. crowded hike makes it a bummer for no views