Mount Si Trail

Mount Si Trail is a 7.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near North Bend, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

The hike starts at the parking lot and the trail head is clearly marked, in a couple hundred yards you will begin your ascent to the top of Mount Si. The trail is well-maintained and dog-friendly, but be aware that there have been reports of bear spottings on the trail (although not very often). Most of the hike is under the shade of the trees which makes it a good hike even in the heat of summer. The trail ends on a rocky surface known as the Haystack, which can be very slippery when wet. You'll need some climbing experience if you plan to get to the top of the haystack.

This was a fun hike! Lots of elevation gain which made for a great workout. The view at the top was fantastic even though it was cloudy. I saw a few small birds and a raven. Micro spikes for the bottom of your boots will make this hike much safer especially when you are descending as there are some icy patches. The trail is heavily used so the snow is well compacted.

Great Winter Hike. Was Snowing from Half way to the summit. Micro Spikes Needed.

Great winter hike! Make sure to get a discover pass.

I’ve done this one in the summer and after today once in the winter. Obviously the summer is better but if your looking for a good winter hike that is easy to get to without too much snow this is it. The last half mile is slippery with snow so pick up some micro spikes. Also good to have water proof hiking boots. FYI this is a long hike and it’s pretty steep so be ready!

Slippery snow in the last one mile. Recommend micro spikes.

Hiked his twice and climbed the haystack both times. In both instances I was the only one at the top... Breathtaking views!

Very intense hike but worth every mile! It took our group about 3.5 hours to get up and about 1.5 hours to get down.

Beautiful and well maintained trail. Definitely a challenge that was well worth the accomplishment. There was a good amount of snow at the top and there wasn't much of a view due to the weather, but still worth it! Also protect your food, those birds at the top were food snatchers!

Snow at the top! Bring your yak trax!

Beautiful, lots of fun. Fresh snow. Birds up top are a little vicious, guard your food.

GREAT hike and such a payoff at the top!

It was supposed to be a rainy day today, but to my surprise the sun was out and shining. The top was beautiful and totally worth the burn. I'm not in that good of shape so this hike pushed me pretty hard. Definitely wear comfy hiking shoes that can handle the rocky and muddy terrain. Going down was rough on my knees (didn't use sticks). The views at the top are breathtaking. No matter where you look - it's gorgeous.

When I hike, I like a challenge, followed by a big payoff. I wasn't thinking this morning and skipped breakfast, so by the time I reached the top I was exhausted. Took about 2.25 hours, but the payoff was incredible. 360 degree views of snow capped peaks, rivers, and the valley. Going down took about 1.5 hours. Sunset was at 4:45, we left the top at 3:45, and we were able to hike without headlamps til about 5:05. The trail was wet, running with water for the first mile, then dry the rest of the way up. A quarter mile or less from the top, the wind was blowing like crazy, and the temp was freezing. I wore a light jacket and wished I had gloves, but only at the top.

Pretty hard trail: it’s steep and there isn’t much to be distracted by on the way up. However, the 360-degree views of the Cascade and Olympic ranges, Seattle, Bellevue, Mt. Rainer, and surrounding communities make it well worth it. Extremely windy at the summit, but definitely manageable.

Completed this hike on Saturday, Jan 6. I haven't done a summit since summer, so I was really pushing myself on this one. There was no snow until the false summit right before the haystack. Did not attempt the haystack as it had started freezing rain as soon as I reached the top.
I was perfectly fine in a light hiking long-sleeve on the way up until I reached the top. Was very happy I packed my rain jacket, gloves and a winter cap for the top in my backpack for the trek. You'll need it!
Trail is well marked, and although it was rainy and completely foggy at the top so there was no real "view," the hike itself was great and the landscape in and of itself is beautiful.

One of my favorite hikes for a great workout. Hiked on 12/21 and there was snow maybe halfway up? Good amount up top. It’s winter - bring appropriate clothing for temperature changes. Don’t try Haystack, real dicey. Took 1:41 up and 1:05 down. Beautiful day.

Beautiful hike and not too challenging for an experienced hiker. Amazing to watch the rain change to snow as you climb in elevation! It’s a winter wonderland at the top. About a foot of snow. Dress in layers and prepare for the temperature change.

Snow for the last 2 miles. Don’t try to climb the haystack it’s too slippery

Perfect day for a hike and perfect views.