Mount Rose Trail

Mount Rose Trail is a 6.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Lilliwaup, Washington that features a river and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 6.7 miles Elevation Gain: 3,553 feet Route Type: Loop

From Hoodsport, west 9 miles on Lake Cushman Road to Forest Service Road 24. Turn left and drive 3 miles to the trailhead on the right side of the road.

icy

Raining hard to about 2,000 feet then snowing to Horse Camp. Trail was muddy but passable going up. The way down was icy then muddy with lots of soft spots. Fun hike though.

icy

This was much harder than I expected. It is virtually all incline. Very few flat areas. Gorgeous views though

Dec. 14: Pretty snowy at the top, but not all that slippery. We saw four dogs and they didn’t seem to be having a hard time. If you have trekking poles, I’d bring them.

No snow. Socked I’m but great exercise and undergrowth.

Great hike with unbelievable views at the top, but you have to earn them, for sure. I got a late start, some time around noon. It started steep and stayed that way until I was back in my truck. I only saw four people the whole hike, and the summit belonged to me alone while I was there. Gotta love those shoulder season hikes for thinning out the crowds on the popular trails. I took my time, and as such stomped the last couple of miles down in the dark. I did the loop portion counterclockwise and highly recommend this if you're hiking this trail on a clear day, as your descent from the summit will be bathed in spectaculr views of Rainier, Adam's and St. Helens. this is a great hike. I can't recommend it enough.

Hiked in November 2016 — it was my first real hike ever, and I didn’t have the proper equipment. Was not in decent shape by any means, but I completed it. The views from the summit were amazing, and there was snow. Be sure to have the map downloaded because in the decent from the summit the trail became more difficult to follow and obviously service is scarce like usual. Good footwear is strongly recommended, with ankle support. The first bit is steep with many switchbacks. - loved this hike, the view was worth it!

Trail is in good condition, no snow right now. I took the steep left side of the loop up and down. Got an early start so it was a bit foggy but cleared pretty nice right when I got to the top. It was definitely chilly up there, though the sun helped. And some hungry birds accosted me lol, though I didn’t feed them. Saw a handful of people on the way down. I highly recommend poles for the whole hike. Even with poles, coming down there were a few spots where you might slide a bit. Fun hike overall!

Overall a good trail, I enjoyed it. Nice views at the top if it isn’t foggy. Would recommend trekking poles, especially if it’s wet.

Absolutely magical

Amazing views of Lake Cushman from top, but very steep going up and down. Great work out, a little slick from the rain on the rocks. A little muddy in spots.

Great workout and great view. Would do again. It was worth the work.

Absolutely working out in the woods, keep climbing all the way up there, when you make it to the top, the view is stunning! It is almost around 9.5 miles from my reading.

Great hike!

Clouds and overcast rolled in all day. Other than that it was an awesome hike. Definitely feeling it in the feet the next day.

Well maintained trail. Great view of lake Cushman from the top. Tough hike but beautiful.

Amazing trail! Loved it and very well Maintained

cloudy at the top but great hike. not an easy trail, be ready for a workout.

Very cloudy today, got soaked from the dripping trees, and no views. However, also, no bugs! Not a one.