Mount Pilchuck Trail

Mount Pilchuck Trail is a 5.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Granite Falls, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

From Granite Falls, E (left ) for 12 miles on Mountain Loop Highway, Right on Forest Service Road 42 for 7 miles to trailhead.

58 seconds ago

Beautiful gem that everyone knows about. Great hike.

I loved it, It was difficult going up the summit. Once I got there it was totally worth it.

My favourite hike in Washington! Once you get up to the top the view is so worth all the hard work. Bugs aren't too bad as long as you are moving. I'd recommend bug spray though.

wonderful views, very crowded, however it was easy to spread out at the summit. Bring lots of insect repellant, not just mosquito spray.

what a great hike and the view absolutely amazing. I never seen so many bugs on a trail.

I got there around 9 am and there was still room left in the parking lot. The road leading to the trail was definitely potholed, but very manageable. I would say that the bugs really weren't as bad as some people say. I did apply bug spray before I started the hike, but I honestly wasn't bothered very much by them.

I would definitely recommend getting her earlier in the day because the hike seems to bottleneck towards the top when it gets steeper, and especially at the lookout. We passed very few people on our way up, but on our way back down we kept passing group after group. The views along the way and at the top were gorgeous--would definitely do this hike again.

Good challenging hike. BEWARE. Long rocky, bumpy road to the trailhead.