Mount Pilchuck Trail

Mount Pilchuck Trail is a 5.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Granite Falls, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

From Granite Falls, E (left ) for 12 miles on Mountain Loop Highway, Right on Forest Service Road 42 for 7 miles to trailhead.

Interesting hike with the snow and all. Didn't risk the rocks going to the tower though. Didn't want to risk slipping. Beautiful hike, nonetheless. Will have to do it again on a clear day.

Beautiful but very crowded. Trail is a mix of mud, water, snow and ice. I would suggest micro spikes.

I hiked Mount Pilchuck yesterday and it was beautiful! I personally loved the middle section with the stream, rocks, and fall colors! By time I got to the top it was snowing - the lookout even had ice on it.

I knew I was taking a chance hiking it on a rainy day but it was so foggy at the top you couldn't see anything. I'd love to come back and hike this in the summer (or a sunny day)!!

A few things to note:
- The road has some pretty big pot holes but I made it in a car just fine.
- This trail is very rocky and slippery when it's rainy so don't try and hike this in tennis shoes! I saw several people slip and hurt themselves.
- I would consider this hike more moderate than hard for sure!

Alltime favourite!

One of the best hikes I've been on. Really fortunate to have such a clear day. The elevation challenged our group but the break at the top for lunch was epic.

Stunning views at end of a challenging hike but well worth the climb. Occasionally difficult to find trail (on wide rock face in 2nd half of hike - head left) but mostly easy to see. Watch out for transmission eating pot holes on road up!

Love this hike. I went on a hot, sunny day and saw people coming down in shorts... It was cold at the top though and there was a lot of slippery snow. Next time, I'll bring my spikes.

Great hike. The difficulty comes from being very steep at some parts and the rock crawling at the end. Worth it!

Best hike ever!!!

Very steep paths, great hike but i've done better hikes with a lot less work.
Great going in the early months of the year & slide down the self made slides, makes going back 10 times more faster! But definitely wear waterproof clothing.
Great getting shots for the drone but limited space to land on!