Mount Margaret Trail

Mount Margaret Trail is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Snoqualmie Pass, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.6 miles Elevation Gain: 1,748 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Cell reception can be tricky. Offline map is recommended. Users have reported that the trails are not marked well.

icy

The unpaved portion of road isn’t horrible, but there are some very big, deep potholes in some places, especially after turning up FR4934. Low clearance vehicles should go slow, pay close attention, and should be mostly ok. FR4934 isn’t marked, but Google Maps navigated me there fine. Once parked, continue walking up FR4934 for a short bit, then veer left up another old road for awhile before finding a trail on the left marked by a sign with a hiker icon. Once up on the Lake Lillian trail, the side trail up to the summit is shortly after the talus slope. It’s not marked. It’s very steep in a few places with a small bit of compact snow/ice in one of the steep spots. Highly recommend trekking poles. Views from the summit were beautiful today! It was quite windy though. Had the whole trail to myself, saw no one else all day. Great hike!

icy

Okay this trail only shows the hike to the peak spur. The trail to this part is easy and well manageable. Some snow patches on flat ground. The peak spur though highly recommended is very steep. If you aren't afraid of slipping and sliding over snow, ice, mud and a steep slope, great this trail is for you and totally worth it. It was worth it for myself, my wife who is terrified of falling down a mountain...not so much wish this was portrayed on all trails before you get to the peak spur.

icy

The view at the top makes the hike worth it but don’t underestimate the elevation gain. The trail is steep form the start. There is a small stretch that flattens out once you join the lake Lillian trail this is when you need to start looking for the trail for the summit, it’s super easy to miss and if I hadn’t had cell service to get the trail map I probably would have missed it. Once you get off this trail it’s very steep and icy, I had trekking poles and was thankful I did. I would recommend starting later afternoon to let some of the ice melt

Went on a Saturday at 10am and it wasn’t crowded. Perfect weather. Be prepared for an incline the whole time. This hike will definitely leave you sore. Steep+slick+snow the last .5 mi. Didn’t have poles or spikes and was fine but it would have been easier with them. Views were totally worth it.

5 stars for the view at the top. The views at the peak were definitely worth the hike and any troubles. We went up at 3 PM and met tons of people coming down, but when we got to the top at 4:30 PM we were the only ones up there, which was nice. I imagine it could get kind of crowded at the top at certain times of the day. The cut off for the trail to the peak is easy to miss, we missed it and realized a bit later. At the point of cutting up to the peak, trekking poles and/or micro spikes almost necessary for that stretch. We only had one set of micro spikes for three of us, I slipped and slid on my butt many times going down without them. The road up to the parking lot gets very bumpy but my sedan made it fine with no snow on the road yet

Got to the trailhead today, 6 Oct, at 0755. There were only 4 other vehicles there. Trail was slightly muddy and there were patches of snow up on top. We brought our micro spikes but didn't need them today. If anyone's reading this before going, please bring some kind of flag, reflector or marker for that point where AllTrails ends but must go up another 1/3 of a mile. That turn off was not obvious and we wouldn't have found it if we didn't have Alltrails Pro to guide us. It was a good hike and steep going up that last 1/3 mile. It was more challenging going down because it was slightly muddy from the snow-melt so be forewarned if you're not geared up (hiking boots and poles). Excellent views up on top once we got there. By the time we got back to leave, the parking lot was packed! P.S. Marked down to 4 stars because of lack of markers. I can't imagine doing this trail without satellite GPS, especially if it's snowed in.

Summit is mild bushwack beyond where Alltrails shows the line ending. Enjoyable.

The AllTrails trail ends about 0.3 mile before actual Mount Margaret summit in a viewless spot. Add another 500 ft and 0.3 miles.

Beautiful trail, went mid July, lots and lots of wild flowers therefore lots of bees, the views are amazing, kinda tricky to find Im glad there was a lady there to show us the way. Take lots of water, kinda intense hike.

I'm going to give you a piece of advise "don't do this hike" , wait until August when the snow is gone. The trail is not obvious and you will get lost and wonder for hours, also if you want to still do it, BRING a compass and/GPS, otherwise you might get strangled for the night. Definitely come prepared because there is a big change in the trail and you will be the only one up there (we were). Otherwise it's quite beautiful

We didn’t see anyone the whole time and the parking lot was empty. But we had snow the last mile of the hike. Unable to see the trail when we reached the snow but followed our gps map and make it to the top. Great views!

Did not make it to top. Too much snow.