Mount Fremont Lookout Trail

Mount Fremont Lookout Trail is a 5.7 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Parkwood, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until September.

From Puyallup, east 52 miles on Highway 410 to Sunrise Road in Mount Rainier National Park. Turn right and drive 15 miles to the trailhead at Sunrise Visitor Center.

The main road to get to this trail is closed & I couldn't find another route there.

This was one of the most amazing lookouts! I hiked this along with the sunrise rim trail and it was awesome! Make sure to hit mount rainier on a clear day for perfect views of the mountain and valley.

Went a week ago. 8 inches of new snow from reservoir to look out.

Relatively easy hike, definitely ran into a lot of people but got a nice view of Mt.Rainier

Beautiful view from the Lookout for not much effort. Highly recommended for first timers at Sunrise.

Did it today, it was very cloudy and I didn't see anything beyond 200ft, but anyway I like it.

Did this hike in mid August. It was about 80 out at the visitor center and not a cloud in the sky. Did this hike with my ten year old and had my 13 month in a frame carrier on my back. We made it all the way to the lookout in about 1.5 hours (needed lots of breaks). We stopped and had some lunch with the chipmunks and horseflies. The flies were pretty ruthless up there. After frozen lake the hike gets a little more serious. It is mostly rocky trail going upwards. Hiking poles helped but they also would get stuck in some parts. Just be sure footed in those rocky areas and remind your little ones to take it slow. The views were amazing and even seen some mountain goats in the distance. Took us a total of 3 hours to go up and come back down. Definitely recommend giving it a go and wearing lots of sunscreen, a good hat, and sunglasses (it gets windy/dusty).

An amazing hike on a clear and windy July day. The climb at altitude is a bit more than an "easy" hike, but it's well worth it at the end. Bring a beer and some food to enjoy at the lookout. Lots of people, but worth the traffic.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Love the amazing views from the lookout. Got to see a herd of mountain goats too.

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

I tend to stay indoors because of lifestyle/habit/restrictions over the years. The only real excuse I have that prevented me from venturing out to explore was because I'm allergic to bees. I was unable to use an epi pen until about a few years ago. The story is longer than this hike, haha. Anyhow, This was the perfect first hike for me. I admit it was a challenge and I was not comfortable with how my mind wanted to quick at the first sense of breathlessness. Fortunately, my more experienced BFF Leo was a good sport and pushed me to keep going, sometimes literally. With every labored breath and jittery step I found that the beauty surrounding me often distracted me for any distress. At times I'd look around and it was as if we were in another world. I saw so many variations of landscapes that I felt as though I had hiked through a story book. I recommend this hike to start your new adventures in any season. We were able to catch a glimpse of the mountain, it was very foggy but it was October...it was a tease for us to come back for sure :) What we did see was majestic and magical.

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Love this hike, great views

Saturday, October 10, 2015

We start to heading up at midnight, to take some Astrophotography shoots. On the way back around 5am we meet with a guy at Frozen lake, who doing the Wonderland Trail under 40Hrs! Minimal equipment, no tent, just a space blanket, some energy bars, small backpack, and water....