Mount Ellinor Trail

Mount Ellinor Trail is a 5.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Lilliwaup, Washington that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

rock climbing

From Hoodsport, east 9 miles on Hoodsport Road to Forest Service Road 24. Turn right and drive 1.5 miles to Forest Service Road 2419. Turn left and drive 6 miles to Forest Service Road 2419-014. Turn left and drive 1 mile to the trailhead at the end of the road.

Best hike I've ever done! This trail is amazingly beautiful with and without a clear sky. There are mountain goats and lots of wildlife. Although, there is some climbing involved, it's not super challenging. I definitely recommend this hike!

Absolutely incredible. Definitely the most difficult trail I’ve taken this year, but the view pays off. The road up to the trail is pretty snowy and icy at this point, so use snow tires or bring chains. Don’t attempt without 4WD/AWD

still my favorite hike ever.

Absolutely stunning views for the top of Mt.Elinor!!!
Hiked the shoot up and took the summer trail down.

Wonderful views. Still snow free.

Absolutely epic views on a clear day. We saw Rainier, St Helens, Baker, Adams, and Hood the entire way up. We began at the Lower Trail Head and it was a beautiful warm up for the last half of the hike. The last 1.7 miles are basically straight up..but IMO Mailbox was more challenging...although this one was definetely a workout. We saw fresh cougar tracks at the top...no goats. Hiked this Thurs Oct 26...snow for the last 200 or so feet. I wore my crampons, but my friend was solid hiking in her cleats! HIGHLY RECOMMEND this lovely hike on a clear day!! Views were just unbelieveble!

Started off at the lower trailhead and the first half of the hike thru the woods is pretty tame with a gradual ascent not to steep but not to easy, when you break out of the woods into the open it begins. The rest of the way to the summit is very steep and technical rivaling if not surpassing Mailbox or Si in difficulty IMO , lots of great views to the top from the tree line and for that this is my favorite hike I have done this year and most difficult so far. Unfortunately at the top there was high winds and thick fog enveloping the summit so no views for the big payoff, but even without that I loved the journey up and will come back again to speed hike it another day, no goats today either

Wonderful but very hard hike. Started from the lower trailhead. WATCH OUT when you get to a big rock with benches all around the trail splits around the rock to some more benches. I took the higher route on the left and there is a bees nest!!! I got stung twice and had to run away. I ran into a few other people that said the same thing.

An amazing challenging hike. Beautiful breathtaking scenery. Definitely recommend but would suggest some experience in hiking.

Amazing hike... Nailed it in 4 hours 30 minutes. Last part would make anyone sweat ;). Views are phenomenal.

I can't wait to do this hike again!

Definitely a butt-kicker of a hike, but in the best way. The views were stunning and while the trail was tough, it was definitely worth the sweat and the wobbly legs. We made it up in under two hours and made it down in about an hour and a half. Even got a great view of Rainier and Seattle! Worth the work to get up there!