Mount Elinor via Upper Trailhead

Mount Elinor via Upper Trailhead is a 2.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Lilliwaup, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beautiful 360° views from the top! We did this hike on a beautiful sunny 65° day on Oct 4, 2017. It took about 4 hours round trip but we stayed on the top for about an hour. Such beautiful views. The dirt road to the trailhead has many pot holes. We were in a van and we were on the dirt road for about 25 minutes each way.

This was a tough hike, especially with the steep incline. It took me a mile just to acclimate to the altitude before I could get my breathing under control (but that's just me). It was exhausting because it felt like I was doing a lot of lunges for awhile. Steep climb up and a steep climb down. I wish I would had brought my hiking sticks because they would had definitely helped with the decent. I have weak ankles, so make sure you have the support you need because your foot can go in any which direction. We made it the top in time for the clouds to roll and and a little bit of snow to start falling. Bring a sweater and gloves because it was super breezy and cold!!

This hike was tough... straight up, straight down, steep incline both ways. Bring your shoes with the best ankle support, because the trail is rugged.

Great Views!!!

Another Beautiful hike, that I definitely recommend ❤️

Steady climb, views at the summit are worth the leg burn!

Beautiful forest and views, lots of people, lots of dogs not on leashes, road up is narrow, bumpy dirt, no guardrails, straight drop off on the side so maybe not ideal for people who are bothered by that kind of stuff like me.

well maintained trail. goats are not shy but won't bother you. we hiked this to watch the eclipse and it was really fun. watch out for little squirrels they will climb in your trail mix bag.

definitely stop at Kelsey's All Natural on the way to or from your hike! They have burgers, breakfast and ice cream all homemade and absolutely amazing. they let you kick back and relax after your adventuring and the food hits the spot! also have a drive thru if that's more your speed.