Mount Dickerman Trail

Mount Dickerman Trail is a 5.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Darrington, Washington that features a river and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from July until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Verlot: Travel east along the Mt. Loop Hwy., 16.6 miles to the trailhead on the left (north) side of the highway.

Fist half is snow free, second with 2 feet snow. This weekend trail was broken well, no snowshoe needed, but it may change at any day. Seen nothing on the summit since snow fall and clouds around. Choose good weather day to hike Dickerman.

Ive done this hike in summer and spring, but this was my first time hiking in the fall. It was so beautiful! The first three miles were clear, but there’s a lot of water on the trail. The last two miles there was a lot of snow. It started out patchy, but eventually got up to 3 feet deep. I recommend packing hiking poles and snowshoes, or micro spikes for the top. It was beautiful and we had the summit all to ourselves.

My first real hike in a decade. I absolutely loved it. 4 1/2 up 2 1/2 down. The weather was fantastic. Make sure to bring water. I went through 3 1/2 liters.

unfortunately it was cloudy up top. it's a grind!

Make sure you take your bugspray with ya, few biting flies in the woods, tons of them up top.

Hiked today. My pedometer read 11.5 mikes roundtrip. It was one of the hardest hikes I've ever done and most satisfying. The views just kept getting better. Two bear sightings, tons of people and dogs. Some bugs but they weren't bad. Great views at the top. Lots of loose rocks on the trail. Overall one of my favorite hikes

First I will say that the mileage listed here (5.7 mi) is out to lunch. It was easily 8 miles, which is almost exactly what WTA lists it as.

Anywho, I arrived at the trailhead at 9:45, hoping against hope there'd be a spot. To my surprise there were several! At first I wasn't impressed. The first two miles go through forest switchbacks, and except for the places where the trail passes by or under some massive rock cliffs, I felt like I could just be at Mount Si. However, after about the two mile point, the trail opens out to a beautiful meadow covered in wildflowers and some truly spectacular views. The summit is spacious and the sights incredible. On the way down, I saw my first bear!

Gorgeous views and wild flowers made the climb well worth it!!