Mount Baker Highway to Artist Point

Mount Baker Highway to Artist Point is a 114.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bellingham, Washington that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for nature trips and scenic driving and is accessible year-round.

Awesome drive

I could only do a very, very small portion of this trail but it was beautiful. You get fantastic views of the mountains, pools of crystal clear water, and wildflowers when they're in bloom. The trail is easily accessible through driving and there are a lot of rocks to scrabble for a better view, if desired.

the most beautiful trek I've ever seen

Awesome!

Great drive that will reward you with fantastic panoramic views of Baker and surrounding mountains. I definitely recommend it.

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Artist point is by far one of my favorite places to go. So many trails to take and beautiful views of the mountain everywhere you look. Even those who do not home can visit Artist point or Heather meadows for an outing of picnic. Definitely a must see/do in the Bellingham area.

Monday, September 07, 2015

skiing
Sunday, May 26, 2013

This is a truly beautiful place and the skiing is fantastic. I got stuck halfway up once when a sudden snow dump hit. I did not want to lose momentum to stop and chain up. By the time I had to I could not get going again.

Saturday, September 08, 2012

Beautiful. Make sure you go on a day with no cloud.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

We first tried this on July 1, 2010 and lo and behold that was a very snowy year - we had hiked right up the snowfields on Mt. Rainier and Mt. Hood - the base at Paradise was still about 8 ft. of snow - and Baker was no different. It was a foggy day to begin with and the gates prevented us from driving to the top. We even went around the other way down the one lane Rd. to the other side to even more fog. I have posted before (7/1) and after (8/17) pics to show the differences - including great shots of Shuksan as well as Baker .... on August 17th, I finished a business meeting in downtown Seattle at 2:30PM and drove up the Mt. Baker Hwy to Artist Point and hiked the Ridge Trail there (about 2 mi. RT). It was absolutely gorgeous still peppered with the remnants of the snowfields. Got back to Seattle around 8:30 PM. What a great trip and highly recommend it! Just make sure of the weather before you go! Note also the mileage varies depending on which route you take - I posted a link that uses 57 miles as the distance.