Moulton Falls - East Fork of the Lewis River Trail

Moulton Falls - East Fork of the Lewis River Trail is a 5.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Yacolt, Washington that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

We found this hike to be a little vanilla and relatively crowded. While the path is well taken care of, we tend to go hiking for a little more seclution. During January the falls are more of a set of large rapids but I'm sure they are more appealing during the dryer months. The river setting is nice and there are plenty of opportunities to stop and have a picnic at one of the many park benches provided. The thing that saved the day from total disappointment was the pair of bald eagles we found only 40 to 50 feet up in a tree right off the trail over looking the water. They seemed completely unoffended by our presence and stood for our many pictures of them.

simple yet beautiful trail

Seems like a great spot for summer river wading, but I probably wouldn't come here again for hiking. The parking situation is not great (get here early) and there was a shocking lack of signage on the loop trails. The loop map doesn't include all the forks so I felt more anxious about where I was going than I should have. Overall it was fine, but maybe not for me. The bridge allows for some good photo ops.

My husband and I love this trail. So cool and shady on a hot day. His recumbent trike works great here. Love to stop along the way and look at the river or the wooded hillside interspersed with streams.

The parking and traffic situation here is terrible, even on weekdays. Not worth it.

beautiful water hiking.

Family friendly! With gorgeous view of water!

Very easy 5.4 miles!! U can park at Hartman road trail head or Moulton falls trail head!! Beautiful hike! Took my 62 year old dad and he has a bum knee and he did good! Not too crowded on a weekday morning! Shaded most of the way!

Very easy trail. Beautiful scenery.

Fun to hike, get our feet wet lots of people swimming

trail is mostly flat and wide. easy trail. swimming areas at one end of the trail

Great day saw a Bald Eagle sitting eye level of the trail. Great hike don't forget there are two parking lots.

Wonderful little hike. Took my 4 children ages 4-17 and they all loved it. The trail maps are not great and hard to understand. They don't really match up with what is on the other side of the street either. So we spent a lot of time trying to figure out where we were going.

The mossy trees that canopy the wide path allow for dappled sunlight alongside the Lewis River.

This was an amazing hike! Very dog friendly so if your dog isn't friendly with other dogs and you know it I wouldn't suggest bringing as we took both of our dogs and they met A LOT of new friends. Also took my 3 and 5 year old we didn't make our way all the way back to the falls however I think it would have been fine with my kids we took a nice long leisure walk with many water fall and beautiful blue river below us. Definitely worth doing again maybe durning the week when it's not sooo busy:)

Really awesome bridge over the beautiful river. Cozy place for a picnic.

lots of people and dogs but it's a nice easy trail. parking is terrible!

Beautiful scenery and follows the river. Gets pretty crowded in the summer

Another flat paved path with beautiful scenery

Friday, September 30, 2016

Easy meander, a great beginner hike. Really flat, pretty short, more of a park than a hike.