Mirror Lake to Pacific Crest Trail

Mirror Lake to Pacific Crest Trail is a 3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Easton, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is best used from May until November.

Beautiful little hike , we are slow so it took us 2.5 hours including lunch brake. We tried this hike at the end of May and it was covered in snow so had to go back. Doing the loop rather than going out to mirror lake and back the same way affords nice views on the way back as it’s more open than the forested way in, as well as some solitude that you don’t get on the main trail to mirror lake.

This is a nice easy trail to get to Mirror Lake, you also pass a smaller lake on the way. I saw some fisherman there. Several camping spots around Mirror Lake. I tried to hike up to Tinkham peak, but as others said there really is no trail. It’s a scramble and a steep one at that. It wasn’t worth it. I only saw bits of snow right at the lake the trail was pretty dry, it was late June.

Saturday, August 12, 2017