Minotaur Lake Trail is a 3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Leavenworth, Washington that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.0 miles Elevation Gain: 1,778 feet Route Type: Out & Back

rock climbing

Directions from Lake Wenatchee: Take National Forest Road 65 west to Forest Service Road 6701. Turn left onto 6701, then left again onto 6700. Continue on this road for approximately five miles to Forest Service Rd 6704. The Minotaur Trailhead lies about a half mile up.

Road to get to trail head still covered in snow as of 5/26. A low clearance vehicle can’t make it. There’s a small tree covering the road too.

Just a heads up, the road to the trail head is still locked. Talked to another hiker said he went past the gate the day before on his bike for six miles and didnt run into snow. We ended up doing Twin lakes hike which was good and the mosquitoes were moderate to low.

I couldn’t find this hike for the life of me. I tried for over an hour from Wenatchee lake! Can someone help me with better directions!?

Had the entire trail to myself and it was a stunner! Lake is frozen over and snowed on, so you won’t get much of a sight there, but the 2nd half of the trail is still dreamy to see in the thick, fresh snow. That being said, it is super snowy. So be prepared for winter conditions. I had a pole and my micro spikes on. Should have brought gaiters and snowshoes would have been nice at the very end. Also, the road to get up is VERY snowy and definitely requires a 4x4 and comfort with driving in thick snow and slush.

as of Nov 29th the entire trail is covered in snow and very difficult to follow. at some parts the snow covers small runoffs that you can break through without warning. the depth of snow at the top of easily knee deep in places. I highly recommend microspikes and hiking poles.

recorded Minotaur Lake Trail

The first mile getting up is tough, won’t lie. It’s over before you know it though. Had the place to myself. Trail is more a rough suggestion. Top is covered in snow, not deep yet, but slushy and slippery. Recommend poles for last half mile. Coming back in Spring/Summer. Will be a great swimming hike.

As of 11 Nov, trail is still easily passable. Snow above 5000 ft. Micro spikes or other traction would make the snow section a little easier, but definitely not required.

icy

what an ass kicker, but what a view! The last third is compact snow and easy to navigate.

Views are amazing of both lakes. Road is a little snowy

Awesome hike! We had a group of 5 and it took us 1 hour and 10 to the lake, and 45 minutes back to parking lot. It’s steep but worth every step. Amazing view with fall and winter colors.

It was beautiful and little cold today, I recommend spikes and poles. The roads was pretty ice and some snow just be safe!

Did this hike yesterday, trail is still in good condition. First time doing it in the fall and there are beautiful reds and fall colors at the top. Definitely a killer workout on the way up but worth every second once you reach the top! One of my all time favorite hikes for both the workout and view.

great hike but misleading from the photos. if you think it's hard it's really not me and my wife have been hiking for ten years it's a great bullet. the photos taken with the amazing view is not even close to the trail that was on this all trails gps app. it has it listed as 1.5 but to get the view point of the lake its 2.1 miles to the top of the ridge so you have a view of both the lakes.

Perfect day for the hike and an intense workout Bring lots of water and make sure to just keep pushing even when you want to quit

Sometimes, when they rate a trail as "hard", they truly mean it. A span of 1,778 feet across 1.5 miles means some serious grades, and this trail did not disappoint. My most difficult hike to date, I nonetheless took the challenge and found myself well "beaten down", taking two hours to reach the lake. The trail itself is a delightful menagerie of twists and turns through massive outcroppings of roots, all under high canopy, aside from a short meadow stretch before one last sharp climb to the lake. The entrance to the lake is at the stream which empties it; to get the best view of the lake, take the time to walk the short distance of the shoreline and then up a small hill to an overlook onto waters that are nearly tropical in appearance. The end of the lake is surrounded by a wonderful wall of stone and scree that rises as a beautiful backdrop against the wonderful shades of blue. This hike is not for the faint of heart, and if you're looking for an amazing calf and hamstring blitz, this is a winner. And while it was very tough for me personally, it was very rewarding. Highly recommended for both the trip and the destination.

My husband and I hiked this last fall. To get there, u drive down a gravel road that hugs the mountain. The drive up was beautiful. The switch backs are shaded as u are surrounded by pine trees. I love the smell of pines in the crisp mountain air. From there u walk thru the meadow to the lake. This hike was AMAZING! Stunning view. When we reached the lake the water was so clear and beautiful my husband filled up our water bottle and he took a drink without using any type of filter. I thought he was crazy, but he said it tasted so good I had to try it. It was the best water I have ever had and I am one of those weird picky water drinkers. We didn’t get sick in the slightest. I’ve done a lot of hiking and this was one of my favorites.

Bees, great views on Peak Labyrinth.

It’s the worst 55 minutes of your life climbing up, but the top is unbeatable. Depending on time of year prepare for bees or mosquitoes. Both of my dogs were attacked this year and last year we couldn’t stay in place because the mosquitoes were relentless. Took almost as long to hike down, about 45 minutes.

After Minotaur we took the west ridge to Labyrinth mountain. Fun class 2-3 scramble. Spire along the route was airy with one exposed move

Tough Trail but worth it.. watch-out for the bees :)

Absolutely worth the tough push at the beginning. First .6 miles is a killer with switchbacks and loose rocks/sand. mellows out with green scenery and beautiful sights until reaching the lake. Highly recommend. Trailhead to other lake not marked too well. if you reached lake Minotaur, go back to the fork before the dense trees and make a left.

The first half an hour on the trail will make you question all your hiking abilities and your calves will beg for mercy, but it levels out after that, and it's not bad at all the rest of the way. But once you get up there, you won't remember anything that happened before. Oh, and the view of Theseus is beyond amazing. Next time, I'm doing Theseus!