Millersylvania Northwest Loop

Millersylvania Northwest Loop is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Littlerock, Washington that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Please note that this trail trail and the surrounding area are prone to flooding. Please check with ranger upon arrival to see trail conditions and which trails are open/closed.

Showed up on a Sunday around noon - trails weren’t overly busy. It was a bit confusing on where some of the connecting trails actually were. Some mucky areas but nothing serious - normal for pnw. Nice and clean. Our 5 year old was able to handle the trails with ease. We wanted to go swimming at one if the beaches after our hike but they were super busy.

Despite the campground filling up for the weekend, I had a relatively solitary hike. Lots of variety on this loop, and easy to walk. Check with a park ranger first about any trail closures due to water. Next time I'll definitely bring my swimsuit and try out the lake!

Well maintained trail overall. Had to cross a flooded area at one point but worth it. Easy and family friendly.

I ran the race course for The Millersylvania 10K which is coming up in June...with a few wrong turns. The trail conditions were good. There were still a few small muddy sections but no more huge mud puddles. I had an encounter on one of the lower loops with some type of stinging nettle bush that left a welt on my leg. Not sure what it was?
After running 10K on a pretty warm day, the lake was pretty refreshing...and quite warm!

Very easy trails. I run here very often, and it is never crowded which is great. These trails are not challenging, but this park is very peaceful and easily accessible. Everything is starting to bloom right now too, so the trails are looking a lot more interesting.

Had a tough time finding the actual trailhead. We kept on ending up in the camp area. Nice scenery though. Easy trails.

Was an enjoyable day out, but this park is better when dryer out. Many areas were very flooded but our husky loved the water. Will need to go back maybe around May or June. Bathroom was locked, where we checked, not sure if all are.

It was too flooded by the lake to do the whole loop, but my parents, my 6 year old, and I had a great time weaving in and out of the trail options, enjoying different types of paths. We will definitely do this one again!

This is practically in my backyard and is a beautiful forest. It shows 4.5 miles but you can do a 6 mile loop too.

Has some secluded sections with several board walked areas. Path is mostly through the forest, with a bit of marshland and lake path to admire. Mostly well maintained. You should make use of the entire campsite and its amenities if you are going to justify the $10 parking fee (or Discover Pass) just for the hikes.

Saturday, January 21, 2017