Miller Peninsula and Thompson Spit Trail

Miller Peninsula and Thompson Spit Trail is a 3.4 mile out and back trail located near Sequim, Washington and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and horses and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Definately not marked very well and it was longer than we expected. I should have read all the reviews first to know that it was NOT 3.4 miles out and back from the beginning but from the locked gate. Very beautiful and relaxing though. I will know where to go the next time we are here.

I've finally figured out how to find the beach. It's a bit tricky due to poor signage. Never found Thompson Spit though. Great view of boats and Protection Island. Lots of mosquitos in this area, don't forget bug spray!

Nice trail, they need to be marked a bit better

This is a pretty good little hike once you find it the address on AllTrails leads you to a locked gate and the map shows the trail starting at that spot.. you have to park at a lot and meander 1.2 miles too far he start of the trail.. I would suggest to download the map and use it as there are many unmarked roads trails you can end up on. We ended up coming out on a different trails down the road .5 miles but we made it back thanks to the downloaded map.

Great hike with gorgeous scenery.

canoeing

This trail was really pretty and parts of it were great. Unfortunately my map reading skills let me down so I started over a couple times and never actually found the end. Also, there was a man who gave an uneasy feeling and convinced me to cut the hike short.

Firstly, the new trailhead starts about half a mile back on Diamond Point Road at the state park parking lot. All Trails' driving directions will take you to a locked gate, so turn around and head back from there.

There are many new trails now - we took Trailhead Loop to Diamond Point Trail to Aerospace Road to Discovery Trail because it looked like there would be a viewpoint. Wrong. Next time we'll go up to the Beach Trail.

If you want to follow All Trails' trail map, it starts at the intersection of Fireweed Road and Aerospace Road.

Forest seems mostly like new growth with a lot of ground cover, but it was still a beautiful hike.

Thursday, August 18, 2016