Miller Peninsula and Thompson Spit Trail

Miller Peninsula and Thompson Spit Trail is a 3.4 mile out and back trail located near Sequim, Washington and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and horses and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

This trail was really pretty and parts of it were great. Unfortunately my map reading skills let me down so I started over a couple times and never actually found the end. Also, there was a man who gave an uneasy feeling and convinced me to cut the hike short.

Firstly, the new trailhead starts about half a mile back on Diamond Point Road at the state park parking lot. All Trails' driving directions will take you to a locked gate, so turn around and head back from there.

There are many new trails now - we took Trailhead Loop to Diamond Point Trail to Aerospace Road to Discovery Trail because it looked like there would be a viewpoint. Wrong. Next time we'll go up to the Beach Trail.

If you want to follow All Trails' trail map, it starts at the intersection of Fireweed Road and Aerospace Road.

Forest seems mostly like new growth with a lot of ground cover, but it was still a beautiful hike.

Friday, April 22, 2016

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Friday, March 18, 2016

Saturday, March 05, 2016

Very easy for the beginner hiker. Walked it 02-27-16, there are now posted maps at ever trail split, so it is very easy to follow.

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Friday, May 01, 2015

Beautiful hike through the woods! The trail is very straightforward, though the spit is a little further down from where the trail meets the beach than I wanted to hike. The beach is very rocky and slow to walk on and we were low on time, so we didn't go that far down the beach. Also, we ran into only two other groups on the whole hike. It felt very lonesome and isolated, but wonderful.

Sunday, June 22, 2014