Medical Lake Trail

Medical Lake Trail is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Medical Lake, Washington that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.5 miles Elevation Gain: 78 feet Route Type: Loop

partially paved

This trail is 2.96 miles, nicely paved and great for running! I do my morning runs here! Expect a lot of neighborhood.

This trail is only 3 miles in length, not the 4.5 listed.

Nice trail for being close to home. Love walking around it. Has an awesome play area for little ones! They repaved it this year so it’s a great trail for pushing a stroller! It does go through the neighborhood but there is hardly ever any traffic and the random people you see are very friendly!!

is not 4.5 miles.

nice paved path great for a noce walk I'd double back to stay out of the neighborhood.

the pave trail was perfect for a sunday stroll with our dog, but if you do the full loop you just end up walking through neighborhoods to get back. it’s kinda perfect for what it is, but i would recommend doubling back through the park.

I just bought a recumbent trike and am getting back in shape. This is a great beginner trail and if you combine all parts you can get almost 7 Miles riding. Great view and is very quiet. There is a restroom on the trail in the Medical Lake Park. Awesome to train without having to go to far on the open road.

Wednesday, March 07, 2018

Not a hike by any means. Half the time ur walking on the side of the road through residential areas. Wouldnt do again

Saturday, January 06, 2018

Great for families.

Saturday, August 26, 2017

Was less distance then expected.

Monday, June 05, 2017

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

It's fun and there's a lot to look at but it's pretty much flat the whole time I wouldn't call it a hiking trail.

Saturday, October 15, 2016

I like it I ran there petty much every day during cross country

Monday, April 25, 2016

Enjoyed walking my dog, Major, on this well maintained lakeside trail in the early evening. I parked at the North end fee free parking spot off of Maple Street then set out on the paved trail on the west side of the lake. The trail ends at the south end, but if you don't mind walking through residential area then it's worth it to continue and loop back via Jefferson Street for a change of scenery. Trail is your typical in-town lakeside park. Incredibly well maintained and also well frequented by the locals. Trees offer plenty of shade which was very well received by me because the day I visited it was hotter than the seasonal average. Several benches throughout the park make for perfect picnic spots. One spot even had a fire pit with lots of seating surrounding it although I thought it to be an odd location with trees directly above the designated spot. If you're a resident of Medical Lake then you absolutely must make use of this awesome trail. If you're someone coming from 20+ minutes of driving distance away then I recommend adding a picnic to the itinerary to make the drive more worthwhile. If you're someone coming from far-far away and have just a couple days in the Spokane area then I would recommend checking out a different trail with lake view. If you're looking to hike then this isn't the spot for you. This is best for a leisurely stroll, dog walking, running, or biking, but not if you want to make use of those hiking boots. If I resided in Medical Lake then I'd absolutely make this a repeat dog walking route. However, while I enjoyed discovering this lake and trail it's a bit too far for me to drive from Airway Heights for a leisurely stroll. I may be back in the future, but not a trail I'm placing at the top of my dog walking night list. Bugs were in full force when I visited so be sure to bring bug spray if you're like me and prefer to not spend the evening itching and scratching.

recorded Medical Lake Trail